ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship for UK born baby- Reg Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

crish83
Newly Registered

British Citizenship for UK born baby- Reg Naturalisation

Post by crish83 » Wed May 17, 2017 3:35 pm

Hi

I m on Tier 2 Visa and applied for an extension till Jan 2019, the baby was born in the UK. I m eligible for ILR in December 2017. Please, can anyone help me understand the process for British Citizenship (BC) for Baby and the option available as my case little tricky. We haven't applied for babies Indian passport yet. Below is my understanding correct me if I m wrong.

1) If the baby is not travelling outside the UK it is not required to take Indian Passport and can apply for BC as soon as I get ILR. I heard that even though the baby is born in the UK has to apply for Naturalisation before getting BC as I was on Tier 2 General visa when the baby was born. Please can anyone clarify

2) If I am Travelling outside the UK, I am planning to apply for UK Tier 2 dependant Visa for Baby which will be there until Jan 2019.As I will apply for ILR in Dec 2017, what if I wait for BC and then apply for my Baby BC. Do we need to still apply for Baby Naturalisation and then apply for BC.

Please, can anyone advise on the above option. Help in understanding the process for Naturalisation and BC.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Aparna

E44302

Re: British Citizenship for UK born baby- Reg Naturalisation

Post by E44302 » Wed May 17, 2017 4:32 pm

crish83 wrote:Hi

I m on Tier 2 Visa and applied for an extension till Jan 2019, the baby was born in the UK. I m eligible for ILR in December 2017. Please, can anyone help me understand the process for British Citizenship (BC) for Baby and the option available as my case little tricky. We haven't applied for babies Indian passport yet. Below is my understanding correct me if I m wrong.

1) If the baby is not travelling outside the UK it is not required to take Indian Passport and can apply for BC as soon as I get ILR. I heard that even though the baby is born in the UK has to apply for Naturalisation before getting BC as I was on Tier 2 General visa when the baby was born. Please can anyone clarify
Yes, that is correct.

2) If I am Travelling outside the UK, I am planning to apply for UK Tier 2 dependant Visa for Baby which will be there until Jan 2019.As I will apply for ILR in Dec 2017, what if I wait for BC and then apply for my Baby BC. Do we need to still apply for Baby Naturalisation and then apply for BC.
Since you did not have the ILR before the baby was born, you will have to apply using the 2 step process. i.e. 1) Naturalisation 2) British Passport. There is no other way to go. However if you apply for the Tier 2 dependent visa for the baby and go for travel, you will also have to apply for the home country passport.

Please, can anyone advise on the above option. Help in understanding the process for Naturalisation and BC.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Aparna