ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 50k Entrepreneur Visa Entry Level Application

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

MrsRhodes20
Newly Registered

Tier 1 50k Entrepreneur Visa Entry Level Application

Post by MrsRhodes20 » Wed May 17, 2017 7:15 pm

Good Evening, I am new to this forum and have a desperate question. I am currently running a successful Bookkeeping practice in South Africa, in operation since 2009. I would like to do an application for the above visa but going the 50k route as I don't have access to 200k. Can anyone who has done this route as a non-eu citizen and from outside the UK please advise the best way to do this?
I have seen a lot of "50k Extension application" questions and posts so can only assume that there is a way to go this route from outside the U.K. as a non-eu citizen.

Many thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 1 50k Entrepreneur Visa Entry Level Application

Post by CR001 » Wed May 17, 2017 7:22 pm

Do you have access to £50k (that is a hell of lot in Rands). Are you planning to do a Bookkeeping business??

You will only qualify if you meet the requirements for the £50k route, which is not open to just anyone who has cash lying around.
4. Access to £50,000 investment funds

You can apply if you have access to £50,000 in investment funds from one or more of the following:

* a UK entrepreneurial seed funding competition endorsed by the Department for International Trade (DIT)
* a UK government department making funds available for the purpose of setting up or expanding a UK business
* a venture capital firm registered with the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)
You can also apply if you’ve already invested £50,000 in a UK business. You must have invested the funds less than 12 months before you apply.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 17, 2017 7:26 pm

If a bookkeeping business, what research have you done for this industry in the UK?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

MrsRhodes20
Newly Registered

Post by MrsRhodes20 » Wed May 17, 2017 8:31 pm

Hi CR001, yes I do have access to these funds in rands (currently wanting to transfer into an offshore account to ensure no further rand depreciation). As stated I have been successful, I work with a number of CAs and have a large client base as well as outside consultants who help with work load. My husband and I have been prudent in our savings and thus we now have these funds.

In response to your second question, yes I have researched and done so over the last few months, I am also registered with ICB and am in the process of doing their assessments. This should
Stand me in good stead with my visa application registering with such a body.

Can you help with my initial query regarding the 50k route? I see a lot of posts for 50k extensions which means they must of done the initial application with 50k...ok forward to your response

MrsRhodes20
Newly Registered

Post by MrsRhodes20 » Wed May 17, 2017 8:33 pm

I Am sorry I didn't see your copied piece until after I responded! I have seen that regarding the 50k route, but am wanting more clarity on the various options and whether I can use my own funds instead, thus was hoping to get a response from someone who had actually done this route.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 17, 2017 8:40 pm

MrsRhodes20 wrote:I Am sorry I didn't see your copied piece until after I responded! I have seen that regarding the 50k route, but am wanting more clarity on the various options and whether I can use my own funds instead, thus was hoping to get a response from someone who had actually done this route.
The options I have listed/quoted are your only options from outside the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

MrsRhodes20
Newly Registered

Post by MrsRhodes20 » Wed May 17, 2017 8:41 pm

Thanks for your help