ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Exceptional Talent endorsement form not updated

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mattewreuben1
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 1 Exceptional Talent endorsement form not updated

Post by mattewreuben1 » Tue May 02, 2017 6:56 am

sindhoo wrote:
mattewreuben1 wrote:
You are correct Sindhoo,

I sent an email to home office yesterday and they replied me this morning saying they have received my document and carrying out checks on it before sending it off to Tech city.

Now i am calm, i can sit back and wait. :)
Any news from HO , has you application been forwarded to endorsement body.
Well i emailed Techcity asking if they have received my application , and they sent a short reply " We have received your application from Home office" .
However, home office did not send me any notification email further with a number. Mayb they will still send me later i dont know. But i will keep you posted.

sindhoo

Post by sindhoo » Tue May 02, 2017 10:40 am

mattewreuben1 wrote:
Well i emailed Techcity asking if they have received my application , and they sent a short reply " We have received your application from Home office" .
However, home office did not send me any notification email further with a number. Mayb they will still send me later i dont know. But i will keep you posted.
That it good. You are indeed exceptionally talented guy. I wouldn't have sent email directly to Tech . But you did and you got response : ) . Let me posted and hope you get it. Thanks

jampani82
Newly Registered

Post by jampani82 » Wed May 03, 2017 8:56 pm

Hello Firends,

I worked as Digital Project manager in UK earlier. Currently on ICT dependent visa and searching for next assignment.

I have been arranging all the required documents for Tier 1 exceptional promise.

Am still confused as my Skill is Project management which is not listed under techcity required skills and i dont have publications except UK work experience for 4yrs.

What you guys think shall i go ahead with my application to try my luck

Have mailed Techcity multiple times, only received response as they cant tell anything until i submit my application.

Please help...

mattewreuben1
Newly Registered

Post by mattewreuben1 » Thu May 04, 2017 7:04 am

jampani82 wrote:Hello Firends,

I worked as Digital Project manager in UK earlier. Currently on ICT dependent visa and searching for next assignment.

I have been arranging all the required documents for Tier 1 exceptional promise.

Am still confused as my Skill is Project management which is not listed under techcity required skills and i dont have publications except UK work experience for 4yrs.

What you guys think shall i go ahead with my application to try my luck

Have mailed Techcity multiple times, only received response as they cant tell anything until i submit my application.

Please help...
It will be nice for you to create your own thread and dont hijack peoples thread!

Anyways , to answer your question, the tier 1 exceptional talent visa is for people who are exceptionally talented as the name implies. Having just worked in the UK for 4 years will not suffice in my opinion. Have you done any thing significant during your career? do you have any awards? certifications? do you have experience of scaling a digital product internationally? Can you demonstrate proven track record of innovation in the digital technology sector?

Aside working 9-5 for 4years, what else have you done within the digital technology field. Think about all these and your answer lies within.

For the skill section, i guess you can apply as a business candidate as oppose to a technical candidate in a digital technology field. You have to look at your story from a different perspective.

i am not a solicitor, this is my own opinion (which is gotten from numerous research i have done while preparing to apply for the same)

sindhoo

Post by sindhoo » Fri May 05, 2017 10:36 am

He is correct , having worked in UK for 4 years won't work. It all depends on the criteria met and documents submitted.

If that was the case then I will be first one to claim on the basis of worked in UK , as I am here from last 8 years working in IT .I have more than 35 IT certifications and only 2 awards so far.

Having said that no harm in trying : )

Furthermore applying within UK is hard then from outside. If you are in UK make sure you go and show your face to endorsement body Tech on Business startups meeting/other meetings .

mattewreuben1
Newly Registered

Post by mattewreuben1 » Sat May 13, 2017 10:28 am

I got a reply from UK and it wasn't a good reply. Tech city did not endorse me . They said I haven't done enough to show that I am exceptional. I feel so bad now . I actually thought I was going to get it . I feel depressed .

sindhoo

Post by sindhoo » Mon May 15, 2017 3:22 pm

mattewreuben1 wrote:I got a reply from UK and it wasn't a good reply. Tech city did not endorse me . They said I haven't done enough to show that I am exceptional. I feel so bad now . I actually thought I was going to get it . I feel depressed .
You are not alone mate , same here . Even after some awards and track record they did this to me . Life goes on...

mattewreuben1
Newly Registered

Post by mattewreuben1 » Mon May 15, 2017 4:06 pm

sindhoo wrote:
mattewreuben1 wrote:I got a reply from UK and it wasn't a good reply. Tech city did not endorse me . They said I haven't done enough to show that I am exceptional. I feel so bad now . I actually thought I was going to get it . I feel depressed .
You are not alone mate , same here . Even after some awards and track record they did this to me . Life goes on...
Sorry to here that! It is so annoying after putting alot of effort into gathering all the documents. I am still depressed ! anyways i think i am going to reapply . By the way what was the reason they gave to you?

sindhoo

Post by sindhoo » Mon May 15, 2017 7:27 pm

mattewreuben1 wrote: Sorry to here that! It is so annoying after putting alot of effort into gathering all the documents. I am still depressed ! anyways i think i am going to reapply . By the way what was the reason they gave to you?
They said we understand that you should be endorsed through Exceptionally talented route . But we accessor felt there was no strong evidence , we suggest re-apply with strong evidence of the skills you are calming and I don't know what else they want . So I am not going to bother. One day I will prove that anyways . All they want to show numbers to HO and they give to whoever they want. They accepted I meet all the criteria...

mattewreuben1
Newly Registered

Post by mattewreuben1 » Thu May 18, 2017 11:03 am

Just out of interest, what skill did you claim for? what is systems administrator?