ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employ someone as selfemployment

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

zamaha
Member of Standing

Employ someone as selfemployment

Post by zamaha » Thu May 18, 2017 11:45 am

Hi dear members
As you may already knew, I have applied for initial visa more than 9 months ago and still waiting.
Now, I really need someone to help me. I do not want to employ someone as PT or FT and pay salary monthly when I am still waiting. I am looking to have someone as self-employment and pay wages. The position is above level 4 and required university degree.
My question is, paying wages to someone will be considered as the investment? Can I pay them from the investment money? I am not going to claim points for this position.
Thanks

Mrchaany

Re: Employ someone as selfemployment

Post by Mrchaany » Thu May 18, 2017 12:45 pm

Yes you can claim investment, as you know that you can not claim job creation points for SE.
Strong commitment, extreme faith and honesty will recognize your existence.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu May 18, 2017 1:09 pm

Yes. However you are not technically employing that person. He/She will be a contractor.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

zamaha
Member of Standing

Post by zamaha » Thu May 18, 2017 1:21 pm

Thanks for your reply.
Yes, I will employ them once I got my visa. Until then, I will know which one of the applicants are more qualified and skilled to employ FT later.

zamaha
Member of Standing

Post by zamaha » Thu May 18, 2017 4:01 pm

Dear Zimba
I appreciate your time.
I have another question. As suggested by other members, I am going to write another cover letter and fill another aplication form and send them. Hope they accept it.
Only do you think it is better to fill all the application form or just send those pages related to the investment which is wrongly filled? Can I send the latest version of form or should I find the version I have sent?
Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu May 18, 2017 8:22 pm

For what ??
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

zamaha
Member of Standing

Post by zamaha » Thu May 18, 2017 9:22 pm

zimba88 wrote:For what ??
My lawyer made some mistakes in cover letter like name of the banks, date of bank statement, visa expiry date ....
Also mistakes in application form. Tick the box for claiming money is available in personal account while I have transferred all the money as DL to business acc and prepared all the required documents! And the only money available in personal acc is maintenace.
So, other members suggested to send another cover letter and application form explaining the issues and kindly ask them to consider it while the application is still pending.

1- Do you think it is a good idea?
2- It has been more than 9 months, could it help to solve the issues sooner?
3- if yes, do I need to send the relevant pages of form only or all of them? The same version or the latest one?
Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu May 18, 2017 9:39 pm

I am quite shocked that so many members on this forum dish out cash to advisors/lawyers that cannot even fill a simple application form properly :?
The covering letter has no relevance in your application. If your documentary evidence is provided correctly, then you should get the points. Have you been interviewed ?

zamaha
Member of Standing

Post by zamaha » Thu May 18, 2017 9:55 pm

zimba88 wrote:I am quite shocked that so many members on this forum dish out cash to advisors/lawyers that cannot even fill a simple application form properly :?
The covering letter has no relevance in your application. If your documentary evidence is provided correctly, then you should get the points. Have you been interviewed ?
Yes, I prepared all the documents by myself and they are correct. I went there one day to ask a question and then he made me nervous that it is your only shot and there is no apeal right... you need us to check your docs and fill the app. So I paid him :(
I have been interviewed 7 months ago. Their question was about what I wrote in my business plan mainly.

So, you think it is better not to send the application form again? Are they going to give me point for the money I transferred as the DL despite the claim in the application form which they ticked the box for money available in personal account?

I really appreciate your help. Because I am so confused and it has been 9 months.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu May 18, 2017 10:15 pm

If your documents and evidence is clear, then sending the form again is pointless given that you have been interviewed and probably you will hear the results soon. With proper documents, you must get the points.

zamaha
Member of Standing

Post by zamaha » Fri May 19, 2017 1:01 am

Thanks