ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Successful PEO/PSC ILR applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Saeam
Newly Registered

Re: Successful PEO/PSC ILR applications

Post by Saeam » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:36 am

Hi all,
I am a silent reader of this forum. It is a great platform for getting all the info and help regarding immigration.
I applied for ILR Set (LR) (10 yrs) on 20th April, 2017 at Croydon PSC. It was a simple and straight forward application. After registration it took exactly 90 minutes for the decision. I was granted ILR.
Documents I submitted were:
1 x Application form
3 x Passports
1 x Life in the UK
2 x Degrees as english language Req. (Bachelor & Masters)
Copies of all documents including my last 3 BRPs.

I realised that they only kept some copies,
1 page of passport with my first visa vignette.
All 3 BRP copies.
Only kept 1 copy of Master degree, returned the second one.
Copy of Life in the UK test.

I want to thank everyone who is part of this platform. For me this process was simple but at times it was very nerve recking and stressful when you have 10 other people giving you 10 different types of opinions. This forum helped me to keep my positivity and to have clarity. It is best to get the first hand experience information from this forum.
Thank you again and Keep it up.

rpampana
Newly Registered
India

Post by rpampana » Mon May 01, 2017 8:34 pm

sangammishra1 wrote:Hi Guys, I have been a silent visitor to this website for years now and I have taken a number of tips about my Tier 2 General Visa, its extension and finally about ILR. Today my ILR was granted. BRP is on its way. Here is my experience:

1. Category: Tier 2 General
2. Number of dependents: 1
3. Tot. cost: £4750
4. PEO branch: Liverpool
5. Documents provided:
SET(O) Form
Appointment & Payment printout
Passport : 3 (Applicant 1 Old+1 New + 1 Dependant)
BRP cards: 1+1
Photographs: 2+2
Payslip : 1 (Latest)
Bank Statement : 3 months
Life in the UK test: 1+1
UK Masters Degree Certificate for English language requirement (For Applicant)
UKNARIC Letter For Indian University (For Dependant)
Employer letter for SOC code and foreseeable future
Employer letter for Absences
Cohabitation Documents: I had 100's of them but gave them 5 letters that my wife received over the last 2 years, mainly from NHS, Pension Provider, Bank etc.
Absences more than 180 days in any of the qualifying years: No
Number of Trips Outside UK in the last 5 years: 14 times (ranging from 1 day to 25 days including business and personal)
Any Additional Comments: Don't provide anything more than necessary.
Experience: The experience was straight forward. I arrived at 10:30 am for a 11:00 am appointment. The usual stuff happened and I was out by 1:00 pm. Not much to report about the general experience although I would like to inform about somethings:

1. I went to the PEO with my wife and daughter (UK born and 20 months old), although I applied ILR only for myself and my wife. Whilst I was waiting for my Biometric the caseworker called me and asked me why I was not applying ILR for my daughter. My response was 'I don't have to. That is why'. He said, 'fair enough we HAVE to ask that question'. After coming back from the appointment I did some research and found that these PEOs have revenue targets and therefore they want as many applications as possible. So my advise, if they ask you about a child's application, be straightforward and don't panic.

2. Having read many forums there are people who have suggested that if there is a job change in the 5 years or if you are applying earlier (within 28 days before you are eligible) there is a chance it will be deferred. Well in my case both were true. I worked for a subsidiary of a parent company and was moved to another last year. Also I applied 27 days earlier. No questions were asked about this.

3. I remember reading something ages ago where an OP had asked if they were a Trustee and a Director at a Charity, would that have any effect on the application. I would like to advise that I have been a Trustee and Company Director at a charity. My information can be found on company house as well. I had a letter from the charity saying that I was a Trustee and a Company Director. The letter also included that it was a voluntary position and I was not paid any form remuneration for this role. I carried this letter with me but did not provide it to them as a part of the supporting documents. No questions were asked about this either.

4. Finally, something that came to me as a surprise and I thought I should inform people here so they are prepared. Although I was on Tier 2 General (which is the most straight forward of them all), they interviewed me. They verified my details, and started the interview. More on that later.

To give you a bit of context, my salary was almost twice the recommended amount on Code of Practice, when I applied for Tier 2 extension in Nov-2014. Before that I had received 2 pay rises in the space of 2 years for 6k each. There was general visit by UKBA in Mar-2014 where they enquired, why I was paid so high. The HR manager explained the reasons. Although, the visitor did not create a fuss, he did advise that if you give pay rises of more than 10% a year you should inform the Home Office via SMS. Since then my employer decided that they would not give me any substantial pay rises, to which I agreed. So in the last 2.5 years I received only one pay rise of 4k. On top of that I get substantial performance bonus, car allowance, private heath insurance and other bits and bobs.

Now coming back to the interview. It was quite straightforward and I gave simple and honest answers. The first question that he asked me was 'Your employer mentioned x salary in the COS of Tier 2 extension in Nov-14. Now you are paid x+4k. Why is that?'. Please note that at all times the employer has kept the UKVI informed and yet they wanted to know. So my answer was 'I negotiated'. He then followed it up with 'Has your role changed at all since then'. I replied saying, 'No it has not. Although back in the day we serviced 3000 customers, now we service 4500 which is attributed to the growth in the company. But day to day activities are still the same'. Next he enquired, 'Does it say on your contract that you can negotiate?'. My reply, 'No it does not. Every year we have a performance review where you can have a candid conversion with the boss. You can talk about things that are going well, things that are not. Things you are happy about and things you would like to change. You talk about process improvements, any training course you would like to attend any new idea that you have that you would like to pitch. You also have the opportunity to discuss your salary. My theory is if you don't ask you don't get.' He laughed and followed up with, 'Do all employees have the option to negotiate their salary.' My response, 'The performance review is like open season, we have created a culture where every one works hard with the aim of discussing their achievements during that time. In fact, everyone looks forward to it'. He then said, 'Ok, I have typed your responses, I am going to print it, can you sign it for me'. He then brought a print out. I found several spelling mistakes which I highlighted and corrected. He then took it to a lady who I assume was a Senior Caseworker and had a 5 minute chat. I overheard him saying the words, 'car allowance' and 'i think it is ok'. He then came back to me and said all is well and the application is successful. You'd have to wait for another 15 minutes and the lady at the original desk would give you your documents back. 15 minutes later I had the docs and letter from them.

What surprised me was that they were enquiring about a relatively small pay rise. Strange. But thought I should let you guys know as I have never heard about someone on Tier 2 being interviewed about salary like this.

Hope this helps. Thanks
Hi sangammishra1, first of all congrats and appreciate your effort for posting your expereience.
My circumstances are very similar to yours and I intend to apply for ILR very soon. My question is about the dependent application, do dependents need to take an interview as well? Do they need to submit their job/income details as part of the application?

TIA,
Ramesh.

blingblingbling
Newly Registered

Post by blingblingbling » Sat May 06, 2017 6:17 pm

Hi guys,

Just wanted to share my timeline.

PEO ILR Set(LR) at Solihull
Been here nearly 16 years
Applied for the last 6 years under british spouse failed twice as i did not have my Life in the UK and the 2nd was english test.

PEO app : 6th May 2017 , 1130am
Arrived : 1105am
security check
Check bags for any sharp objects ( knives, clippers etc)
Remove all phones or anything in pocket, belts etc
Waited to be called by receptionist.

1115 was called to show application form and payment receipt. Application form the latest 06 April 2017 - as a few people did not check for the latest application form and had to refill in however the receptionist was kind enough to print the forms for them. Was given a number .

1125 was called to a counter to submit application and all supporting documents. Took 2-3 mins.

1155 biometrics taken

1220 was told we can leave

1506 phone call to collect documents

1515 collected documents at reception without having to enter to waiting area. The person in charge of my case hand all document back and the approval letter!

overall 3hrs 45 mins

All the best for those who are going for it.

x

1mm1bunny
Newly Registered

Post by 1mm1bunny » Wed May 10, 2017 9:28 am

PEO Croydon for ILR
Appointment 12:20pm
Leaving after 6:30pm
it's long but the actual consideration time (displayed on screen) is only about 1 hour.
I chose Friday because i think caseworker may have a slightly better mood;)
Documents were prepared by solicitor and in absolutely neat/orderly condition.
a minor change of circumstance (salary increase) was reported on SMS 5 months late (yes, it's really late), but this was mentioned in cover letter, employment letter clearly.
Be upfront, don't try to be clever with HO. And HO appreciates you being honest with them. In my case, no questions asked.
BTW, food in the cafe not impressive...

paboluuk

Post by paboluuk » Sun May 14, 2017 9:11 am

Hi tier1extend & me786,

Thanks for your posts and congratulations for your successful ILR application. I had just following query's and if you could please respond that would be great-full.

1). From the list of documents you submitted to ILR Application it seems you've submitted 4 years of P60. Should you need to submit corresponding 4 years sa 302 document ?
2). Does the case worker asked for sa 302 docs ?
3). Should we need to submit P60/sa302 for 4 or 5 years ?
4). Sorry to ask this, Was any of your accounts were amended for previous years ?

Many Thanks,

tier1extend
India

Post by tier1extend » Sat May 20, 2017 10:00 am

Hi,

I submitted 5 years p60 including 2016-2017. But only 4 years SA as i have not yet filed my returns with hmrc for 16-17

As i myself submitted the SA, i dont know if the caseworker would hvae asked them if hadn't. I think if you are t1 visa, then i would think SA is mandatory.

I didnt have ammendments in previous tax years

Hope this helps

OneMan
Newly Registered

Post by OneMan » Wed May 24, 2017 1:50 pm

I would like to share our successful ILR application story here, I am sure as we have been benefitted by useful posts here, this post surely will help someone. First of all, thank you so much for all the contributors and moderators on this forum. This thread and also other ILR related threads have helped us lot while preparing a file for ILR application.

Category: ILR – SET [O] Application for Tier 2 (General) 5 years stay
(Main Applicant + 1 Dependent)
PSC: Solihull, Birmingham
Date: 22nd May 2017
Overall Experience at the centre – Very Satisfactory (Staff is nice and polite)

Time Line at premium centre –

Appointment: 10.10 am
Entry in the building: 9.40 am (This is fairly small premium centre, security do not check you in before 30 minutes to your appointment time.)
Token Issued: 10.30 am. Lady at reception checked the appointment and payment confirmation print out and also, if we have the latest version of application form and issued us a token. (We were informed after security check in, that they are bit behind the schedule today, and will issue token as soon as possible. Lady at the reception/waiting area was nice and friendly. She was keeping everybody in waiting area informed on the overall progress/delay happening at the centre from time to time.)
Documents Submitted: 11 am (took 5-10 minutes)
Biometric Enrolment: 12 pm
Decision Conveyed: 1.05 pm (After biometrics enrolment, we have been advised, to have our lunch etc., and if case worker has any queries while working on our application, he/she will call us on the mobile or if there are no queries, reception will give us a call for document collection. And yes, that’s what we received: a call within an hour, for document collection, no queries have been raised.)

Documents Submitted –

In support of our requests, I have enclosed the following documents with photocopies:

1. ILR Application form (1) with passport photographs ( 2 + 2) of me and dependent

2. Travel Document: Current Passport and Biometric Residence Permit (as there were no previous passports) (2 + 2)

3. Knowledge of Language & life in the UK:

• UK university Masters degree certificate along with transcript
• Life in the UK test pass certificate

4. Immigration History:

• Absence cover letter with dates and reasons of absence periods from the UK during last 5 years ( ILR qualifying period). Details (like ‘Departure date from UK’, ‘Arrival Date in UK’, ‘Reason’ ‘No. of Days’, ‘Reference of supporting document’ (e.g. letter from employer and/or an organization) shown in a table format.
• Letter from employer confirming I had no unpaid leaves and details of annual leaves taken over during last 5 years ( ILR qualifying period).
• Letter from an organization confirming other absences from UK due to my voluntary work. The work is voluntary and I have not been paid was mentioned in the same letter.

5. Other supporting documents:

• Letter from employer confirming my permanent employment, SOC code and current salary, requirement for foreseeable future etc. (I am with same employer right from the start)
• Pay slips of last 6 months with company cover letter
• Personal bank statements for last 2 years (Santander bank)
• P60 forms of last five years with company cover letter

Dependent’s Documents

1. Travel Document: Current passport, Biometric residence permit

2. Knowledge of Language & life in the UK:

• UK NARIC Statement for degree obtained in India
• Degree certificate
• Life in the UK test pass certificate

3. Relationship proof: Original marriage certificate

4. Cohabitation proof:

• Joint account bank statements for 2 years
• Official letters/documents (3/4 different institutions) addressed to me and dependent showing same address covering the period of 2 years

Also, I would like to suggest (as many have suggested before) to take all the other original documents (which you think, may be required to support/help your application) with you, they would come in handy if query has been raised and you would be able to satisfy it on the same day.

Another point was we did not include our child as dependent, and while submitting documents, the lady enquired about the same that ‘in your last visa, you had included your child, so why not now?’ The answer we gave was ‘we don’t have to, as child is born in UK, we will go through MN1 route’. Lady was satisfied with the answer.

I hope that this post would help someone who is going through same route and category.

All the best.

Cheers.

OneMan
Newly Registered

Post by OneMan » Thu May 25, 2017 3:13 pm

sangammishra1 wrote:Hi Guys, I have been a silent visitor to this website for years now and I have taken a number of tips about my Tier 2 General Visa, its extension and finally about ILR. Today my ILR was granted. BRP is on its way. Here is my experience:
Hi Sangammishra1,

Your post has been great help to prepare our ILR application.
Many thanks.

robinpaul78
Mood:

Post by robinpaul78 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:09 pm

My ILR application made on 3rd June was successful.
Please see below the summary of documents provided

1. Category. Tier 1 General
2. Number of dependents. 0
3. Total cost. 2962 GBP (coz it was on a Saturday)
4. PEO branch. Croydon
5. Documents provided.
SET (O) Form
Original Passport + 3 expired Passports + Photocopy of Photo page +Visa pages
Orignal BRP + Photocopy
2 photographs
Covering letter
Self written absence letter
Bank Statements ( Salary Account + Added another one to show Maintenance funds, though it was not required) + Copy
12 Original Payslips + Copy
P60 for last 9 years + Copy
1 P45 from previous employer + Copy
5 Flight return ticket copies to prove travel to Ireland and back due to missing entry stamps on passport
UK Naric assessment certificate + Copy
Knowledge of Life Pass Notification + Copy
6. Absences more than 180 days in any of the qualifying years. - No but had more than 500 days in total and with 2 years having more than 100 days and 1 year having around 158 days of absence.
7. Any Additional Comments. Total time - 3 hrs.

Its been a long wait. HSMP in March 2007 then to Tier 1 which was renewed 3 times. Had to wait this long due to work reasons i had to be outside of UK for around a year in 2011-12.

My sincere gratitude to all the moderators and others who provide their valuable inputs in this forum. THANK YOU.

robinpaul78
Mood:

Post by robinpaul78 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:10 pm

robinpaul78 wrote:My ILR application made on 3rd June was successful.
Please see below the summary of documents provided

1. Category. Tier 1 General
3. Total cost. 2962 GBP (coz it was on a Saturday)
4. PEO branch. Croydon
5. Documents provided.
SET (O) Form
Original Passport + 3 expired Passports + Photocopy of Photo page +Visa pages
Orignal BRP + Photocopy
2 photographs
Covering letter
Self written absence letter
Bank Statements ( Salary Account + Added another one to show Maintenance funds, though it was not required) + Copy
12 Original Payslips + Copy
P60 for last 9 years + Copy
1 P45 from previous employer + Copy
5 Flight return ticket copies to prove travel to Ireland and back due to missing entry stamps on passport
UK Naric assessment certificate + Copy
Knowledge of Life Pass Notification + Copy
6. Absences more than 180 days in any of the qualifying years. - No but had more than 500 days in total and with 2 years having more than 100 days and 1 year having around 158 days of absence.
7. Any Additional Comments. Total time - 3 hrs.

Its been a long wait. HSMP in March 2007 then to Tier 1 which was renewed 3 times. Had to wait this long due to work reasons i had to be outside of UK for around a year in 2011-12.

My sincere gratitude to all the moderators and others who provide their valuable inputs in this forum. THANK YOU.
Forgot to add a detailed Employer letter listing the reasons for absence from UK to the list.

Tehabox
Newly Registered

Re: Successful PEO 6 years of Discretionary Leave

Post by Tehabox » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:40 pm

Hi all, just want to share my experience yesterday.

1. Category: SET O
2. No of dependents: 0
3. Total cost: £2887
4. PEO branch: Cardiff
5. Doc provided:
Set O, current passport, previous passport, biometric card, photo, nhs card, marriage certificate, spouse passport (British), uk utility contracts (dated last year as we have paperless bill), land registry (my husband owns the house so no rent or morgage), council tax, home office letters, academic certificate, academic transcripts with their translation, uk naric certificate, life in the uk pass letter, bank statements on current account and bonds (a pensioned husband so no payslips), personal letters (one from me telling the reason of set o, the others are from my husband and council), driving licence. And of course copies of those docs.

My appointments was at 11am. We had park&ride in Cardiff. We got off and on exactly in front of the Home Office building, very convinient as parking is expensive and hard to find nearby. At the security i had to show appointment booking checklist then through metal detector then go to second floor.

On the second floor we were given the waiting list number. The officer also took all the docs. After waiting about 30 mins, i was called for biometric. Then waiting game again. Finally around 1.30pm i was called again. Decision: granted. Yay! Home sweet home now waiting for my biometric card.

If you can spend extra money for premium, i suggest you go for it. It is lots of better than waiting for 6 months. If the cost is too much then i suggest you save from now on. I bet next year they will raise the fee again as usual.

Firewoman
Newly Registered

Post by Firewoman » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:35 am

Tehabox wrote:Hi all, just want to share my experience yesterday.

5. Doc provided:
Set O, current passport, previous passport, biometric card, photo, nhs card, marriage certificate, spouse passport (British), uk utility contracts (dated last year as we have paperless bill), land registry (my husband owns the house so no rent or morgage), council tax, home office letters, academic certificate, academic transcripts with their translation, uk naric certificate, life in the uk pass letter, bank statements on current account and bonds (a pensioned husband so no payslips), personal letters (one from me telling the reason of set o, the others are from my husband and council), driving licence. And of course copies of those docs.

My appointments was at 11am. We had park&ride in Cardiff. We got off and on exactly in front of the Home Office building, very convinient as parking is expensive and hard to find nearby. At the security i had to show appointment booking checklist then through metal detector then go to second floor.

On the second floor we were given the waiting list number. The officer also took all the docs. After waiting about 30 mins, i was called for biometric. Then waiting game again. Finally around 1.30pm i was called again. Decision: granted. Yay! Home sweet home now waiting for my biometric card.

If you can spend extra money for premium, i suggest you go for it. It is lots of better than waiting for 6 months. If the cost is too much then i suggest you save from now on. I bet next year they will raise the fee again as usual.
OOps, congrats! Am applying next week. Just a bot worried i have one ccj and have just made arrangement of paying installmentally. I hope to have good news too. Are you planning to apply for your british passport immediately?

Firewoman
Newly Registered

Post by Firewoman » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:11 am

Shpk wrote:Alhamdolillah by Allah grace I have been approved my ILR at Monday 30tha JAN 2017.No question asked. Thanks a lot for everybody in this great helpful forum.I got help from this forum sometimes.That is why I registered this week to share my experience.Might be this will help somebody in future specially in my Category.It was smooth process.It was my first time at window.But really it worth it and and I enjoyed. I reached at 9:15 over there.I was in around 10:15.Just quick security checked.
Then I went on First floor but that floor was not for premium appointments.Then security guided me to go £rd Level.Receptionist asked me come at counter just 15 minutes before.Then I went at counter at 10:35.She checked my forms and passport and gave me Token(183).I was waiting about 40 minutes then I have been called at 10 window for registration of my case in their system.There lady asked me some basic questions. like marital status,Criminal conviction,any other names.She took all my documents and made 2 folders.1 for original and second for Copies.She gave me both folders and asked me to wait for Biometrics. When my case registered straight away I have been called for Biometrics.Biometric took only 2 minutes with 1 question do I have any amendments on my passport.
There was case worker passing her behind.She passed my file to him.She asked me to wait in cafeteria for 60-90 minutes.My case was straightforward.Good thing Home Office provided Multi Prayer Room I offered 2 prayers over there.MY number called at window 44 for collection at 15:15 with good news.

Please find details below.

Appointment booked at 13 Jan

Appointment date Monday 30th January in Croydon at 10:50

SET O forms OTHER

I wrote covering letter as I have been asked to give detail otherwise I think There is no need for covering letter.I carried additional documents as well in case case worker ask.

name
address
date

The UK Border Agency,

Application for indefinite Leave to Remain under 6years DLR

Dear Sir / Madam,

I was entered in the United Kingdom on Spouse Visa on 05/06/2008. I was further granted 3 years discretionary leave to remain on 19/02/2011 which was extended on 24/02/2014 for further 3 years of DLR.I have completed my 6 years of DLR in the UK and applying for indefinite leave to remain in the UK.

The relevant documents include: -

1:- 2 Photos

2:- 1 Current Passport and 2 Previews Passport and Biometric Card

3:- 6 Months Pay slips from first Employer

4:- Payment invoices (about 3 months) from self employment and HMRC tax calculation letter 2015-2016

5:- Five months bank statements

6:- Passed Life in the UK Test(no needed)

7:- B1 English language Certificate from Trinity College London(no needed)

8:- Court Contact Orders

9:- Children birth certificates

10:- Child Maintenance Letter

11:- Children Saving Bank Statements

12:- Employer Letter(supportive letter)

13:- Family and friends supportive letters

14:- Return tickets for absence(which one only 4 days in last 8 years)

15:- Copies of all Documents

If you have any further enquirers please do not hesitate to contact me on 07...... alternatively on email address: - .

Kind Regards,

Name;;;

I hope this is sufficient information.If You got any question I will try best reply.
Once again thanks for reading and all help provided in this forum.
Wow so glad to read from someone that didnt submit any tenancy or mortgage agreement, council tax or nhs card. I guess i have been worried for nothing, will submit without the council tax or tenancy agreement as i dont want to complicate things because my name is not on them, only my husbands name is on it.

Tehabox
Newly Registered

Post by Tehabox » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:43 pm

@Firewoman.... i dont think i'm interested to be British. I mean what for, all of my family is in Asia and i dont have kids either. My country doesnt allow dual nationality though some of my friends secretly got 2 passports. And i dont think i will travel around the world lol.
It is a good idea to include docs as many as you can that you think can make the case worker works faster and i never write cover letter, just write the reason for your settlement. Council tax normally is just for proof of address but maybe they can see it from bank statement. However the case worker took my marriage certificate, my spouse and my passport, all personal letters and council tax (all of them are just the copies that were taken)

Kolyp
Newly Registered

Post by Kolyp » Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:16 am

Hi ,
I applied under tier 1 general on the 9/6/2017
I got to Solihull premium centre @9:45 for 10:00 appointment
I submitted documents for self employment and paid employment.
I was given tier 1 general questioner to fill, it's the same questionere everyone has been talking about on this forum.
For paid employment: 12 months conservative payslips and personal bank statement
For self employment: business account showing both gross and net profit from accountant
Business bank statement for 12 consecutive months
SA302 for 2016/2017 only showing class 2NI and tax to be paid
passports, biometrics card, life in the uk, test on English,cohabitation documents.
Biometric was done at 11:00
Got a call at 1:00pm that documents are ready for pick up
ILR granted. I didn't have tax amendments.

nba2017
Newly Registered

Post by nba2017 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:55 pm

2. No of dependents: 3
3. Total cost: £12000 roughly
4. PEO branch: Cyoydon
5. Doc provided:
I decided to submit the documents asked for in SET O. Nothing more , nothing less.
1) Employer letter- Had to work hard to get the right letter from the employer as metioned in SET O form. I am a pain in the a s s for the HR guys after this. I had to push hard to mention that my job will be continued after I get ILR, my SOC code, start date and that its a very important NHS job.
2) Letter from Line manager about the dates on which I was away from UK being part of employment. I just put all the dates as Holiday to India and that it was annual paid leave.
3) IELTS of mine and my wife. Mine was from 2011. one of my friens spend some money and time in getting NARIC. I did not bother about it.
4) Life in UK test
5)last 6 months bank statement, and pay slip. MY last bank statement had few days in which the balance was neagative 500. and it never went above a 1000 pounds. But its fine , there is no minimum balance needed for ILR. And UKBA knows that this is a planned loot of us, they do not expect us to have any more in our account. So don't bother about taking a loan and adding another burden on your shoulder.
6) Marriage certificate. I did not submit co habitation evidence as my bank account was in joint with my wife. There is no need for birth certificate of children if they were not born in UK.
7) I had a criminal conviction. Drink Driving- submitted conviction order, drink driving rehabilation course certificate and DBS (CRB) certificate.

Thats all... I went in at 9.00. Came out at 12.00. all went fine. Thanks again for to the fouders of this website. You have helped me a lot.

HLAW
Newly Registered

Re: Successful PEO ILR applications

Post by HLAW » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:26 pm

kimbrulait wrote:
singh123 wrote:I am going to apply in august as well, but just not sure about absences out of UK. I have below 60 days of absences in 5 years of time. I am on tier 1 , employed...do I have to get letter from employer to clarify these absences??? actually these were not work related absences. I have attached e-tickets and my passport with all stamps in it..will I be fine??
any expert???
Everywhere I read the common agreement was there is a lack of consistent approach from solicitors, consultants and UKBA staff. I believe the point is to help the case worker make sure you tick all the boxes. If you haven't travelled too much it shouldn't be a breeze. Following the guidance, in my 2 employer letters, it states the days I travelled and that the trips were business or that the time off fell within my annual leave. Just for good measure I included a letter signed by me listing all trips.

K
You do know the threshold for 5 year route absences is a lot more. As long as you clearly listed your absences you dont need to worry about 60 days.

iubus2005

Post by iubus2005 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:36 pm

Hi all,
Just want to share my experience and thank all of you members and gurus who have been immensely helpful over the last many years!.

1. Category: SET O (Tier 1 General)
4. PEO branch: Sheffield
5. Docs provided:
Set O, current passport from US (so, did not need to verify english language), previous passport, biometric card, photos, LITUK, Degree (not needed as already proven), Salary slips and bank statements (from 2 employers), personal letter for absences (reason, evidence, list), employer letter for absences. (copied of everything). I did include a list of all the absences, entry/exit dates and their evidence (either the exact page of stamp in the passport or an printed copy of paid-tickets).

My appointments was at 11am. I got there an hour early and was able to go in.
- Completed check in at the reception with proof of fees paid, and then waited an hour
- Called for application check in, followed up with biometrics. This took another hour
- Then it was a 3 hour wait when application went under review.
- Another 70 minutes when was called to get the approval decision. Biometric card to arrive later. Docs returned, with an apology for the wait! While I had a headache from waiting, I was ecstatic!

Now, I need to figure out how to register my daughter for her citizenship (born in UK), and prepare for my wife's ILR in a few months time!

singrahu
Newly Registered

Post by singrahu » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:35 pm

Hi,

First of all I would like to thank all the members of Immigration Board who helped me and help others with their valuable knowledge.

1. Category: Set (O), Tier 2 General (worked for 2 employers)
2. No of dependents: 1 (1 main applicant + 1 dependant (spouse))
3. Total cost: £5774
4. PEO branch: Croydon
5. Details:

Life in UK:
Date started preparation: 1 Apr 2017. Read book 3 times and extensively completed exercises on xxxxxxxxxx. Booked test when achieving 90% marks in tests and continued practicing till test date.
Date appointment booked: 14 Apr 2017
Test date: 21 Apr 2017
Certificate received: 21 Apr 2017

GESE Grade 5 (B1) level test from Trinity college:
Date started preparation: 25 Apr 2017. Just prepared my both topics in advance. Look at Youtube videos. Quite easy.
Date appointment booked: 27 Apr 2017
Test Date: 30 Apr 2017
Test pass email confirmation received on: 3 May 2017
Certificate received: 6 May 2017

ILR:
Date completing 28 days to 5 years from first Tier 2 visa valid date (first entry clearance): 6 Jun 2017
Date appointment booked: 4 May 2017. Paid application fee online same day. Single transaction for main applicant + dependent.
Interview Date: 10 Jun 2017, 9:10 am
Time reached application centre/security check: 8:40 am. Hardly any line. Laptops/mobiles allowed, but no charging points inside centre.
Time reached reception on level 3: 8:45 - 8:55 am. Checked payment, passport, application form. Gave us token. Asked us to wait in waiting area with cafeteria.
Time called for case registration in system: 9:15 - 9:25 am. Scanned photographs. Checked application form, payment page, passports, old BRPs.
Time called for Biometric scans: 9:30 - 9:40 am. Scanned fingerprints, signature & took photographs. Collected all originals & xerox, and file went to case worker.
Time called for collection of all originals at collection point counters: 12:10 pm. Told BRP will reach home in 7 working days.
BRPs received: 15 Jun 2017, 10 am by courier.

Citizenship:
Can apply after 1 year of getting ILR.
Date booked in calendar: 10 Jun 2018 (council sends the application next day)
Route to apply: Via council

ILR application Checklist
* Appointment Confirmation
* Payment Confirmation (no need to fill card details in Set(O) form, they rip off and remove those pages before sending it to case worker)
* Application Form Set (O)
* Photographs (2 each for applicant & dependant) https://www.gov.uk/photos-for-passports
* Passports (all passports old + current of applicant & dependant)
* BMRP (applicant & dependant)
* Cover Letter (optional, they return it back)
* Employer Letter for continued employment from HR and payment at the right rate
* Employer Letter confirming attached recent 3 online payslips are authentic
* Employer Letter for Absences + Confirmation of Annual Leaves (1 current + 1 previous employer)
* Online Payslips Printed out – Recent 3 monthly pay slips.
* Last 3 months bank statements showing salary credit
* English Language Qualifications – GESE Grade 5 (B1) level certificates from Trinity college (applicant & dependant)
* Life in the UK test pass notification letter (applicant & dependant)
* Employment proof letters from HMRC (applicant & dependant) OR Annual Tax Summary letters from HMRC for previous 5 years (applicant & dependant)
* NI Number letters (applicant & dependant)
* Degree certificate (main applicant)
* Cohabitation proof (max last 2 years) (utility bills, council tax bills, bank statements, letters from HMRC/DWP/NHS/UKBA, Poll card, tenancy agreement, Letter from DPS
* Marriage certificate
* 3 proofs in joint names
* 3 proofs in applicant’s name
* 3 proofs in dependant’s name
* Since we have joint mortgage and my spouse supports me with mortgage payment, so we provided:
* Mortgage confirmation letter
* Latest mortgage bank statement
* Register of Title letter
* Last 3 payslips of my spouse
* Letter from spouse’s company authenticating payslips
* Letter from spouse’s company authenticating her employment
* Last 3 bank statements showing her salary credit
* Optionals:
* All P60s + P45s (applicant & dependant)
* All payslips of main applicant
* Few extra cohabitation proofs covering all 5 years

We divided our documents in 2 Files: Main File + Xerox file (Xerox of all the pages of all documents mentioned above).
Just stack all documents and put in a folder. Don’t put each document in a plastic sheet, as they asked us to remove every document out of it.

=====================================================================================================================================

Cover letter

Date: 10/06/2017

To,
Indefinite Leave to remain,
UK Visas & Immigration,
Home Office,
Croydon Premium Service Centre,
Lunar House,
40 Wellesley Road, Croydon
CR9 2BY, UK

Dear Sir/Madam,

RE: Cover Letter – Application for Indefinite Leave to Remain

Currently I am living in the UK and have a valid Tier 2 (General) visa sponsored by <current employer>.
My current visa grant is valid from <> to <>.
As I am completing 5 years of continuous residence, I would like to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) in the UK using SET (O) form.

Please find below the details of the documents submitted in support of my application:

1. Appointment confirmation letter
2. Appointment Booking Reference Number:
3. Application payment (reference number: , Payment notification number: )
4. Completed SET (O) Application Form
5. Employment history letter from HMRC with details of salaries of both main applicant and dependent
6. 2 identical photographs each with full name on the back, attached with Section 1 on the form of both main applicant and dependent
7. Biometric residence permits of main applicant and dependent
8. Current Passport & Old Passport of main applicant
9. Current passport of dependent
10. Master’s degree certificate for main applicant
11. Letter from current employer confirming the annual salary, start date, hours, leaves entitlement and continued employment
12. Authentication letter from HR for online payslips
13. Recent 3 payslips (authenticated by HR)
14. Recent 3 original Bank Statements
15. Letter from previous employer mentioning start and end dates, leaves confirmation
16. Time Spent in UK (Main Applicant):
1. UK First Entry Clearance date stamped on Passport (first Tier 2 General Visa): <01/01/2012>
2. First Entry to UK:
3. Current Permission to stay valid until:
17. Finances (required as joint mortgage):
1. Main applicant: Last 3 payslips, Authenticity letter from employer, Last 3 bank statements
2. Dependent: Last 3 payslips, Authenticity letter from employer, Last 3 bank statements
18. Absences from UK (Main Applicant) after first entry in UK (w.r.t years from ILR application submission date)
1. Year 1 (11 Jun 2016 – 10 Jun 2017): 13
2. Year 2 (11 Jun 2015 – 10 Jun 2016): 11
3. Year 3 (11 Jun 2014 – 10 Jun 2015): 16
4. Year 4 (11 Jun 2013 – 10 Jun 2014): 2
5. Year 5 (11 Jun 2012 – 10 Jun 2013): 0
6. Days between 1st entry clearance & 1st entry in UK: 37
19. Dependent (01):
1. Name – Mrs.
2. Relationship with main applicant – Wife
3. Evidence: Marriage certificate
4. Absences from UK (dependent) after first entry in UK (w.r.t years from ILR application submission date)
1. Year 1 (11 Jun 2016 – 10 Jun 2017): 13
2. Year 2 (11 Jun 2015 – 10 Jun 2016): 11
3. Year 3 (11 Jun 2014 – 10 Jun 2015): 16
4. Year 4 (11 Jun 2013 – 10 Jun 2014): 2
5. Year 5 (11 Jun 2012 – 10 Jun 2013): 0
6. Days between 1st entry clearance & 1st entry in UK: 59
20. Life in the UK Pass notification letters for main applicant and dependent
21. English Language Qualifications – GESE Grade 5 (B1) level certificates from Trinity college (applicant & dependant)
22. Co-habitation with my Wife:
1. In joint names:
1. Marriage Certificate
2. Tenancy Agreement
3. Council Tax bills
4. Utility Bill
5. Joint account bank statements
2. On Single name for main applicant:
1. HMRC Letters
2. Bank Statements
3. Utility Bills
4. Letter from Job Centre plus for NI number
3. On Single name for dependent applicant:
1. HMRC Letters
2. Bank Statements
3. Utility Bills
4. Letter from Job Centre plus for NI number
23. Points scoring based on Tier 2 policy guidance document:
1. Assigned Certificate of Sponsorship: 30 points. CoS number:
2. Appropriate salary: 20 points.
3. English language skills: 10 points
4. Maintenance of funds: 10 points. Evidence: Currently have leave to remain as Tier 2 skilled worker

I trust the information that I have provided is satisfactory, however if you have any questions or queries or require additional information regarding any aspect of the application, please do not hesitate to contact me via any modes of communication. Thanking you.

Yours faithfully,

<Main applicant>,
Mob: <>
Address: <>

=====================================================================================================================================
Employment reference letter from current employer (main applicant):

Date: 11/05/2017

Private and Confidential
Home Office
Indefinite Leave to remain
UK Visas & Immigration, UK

Our reference:

Dear Sir/Madam,

RE: <XYZ> (<Date of birth>, NI number: <>)

We write with respect to the above named individual.

He is employed by us as an <position> and receive an annual salary of GBP <>.

He commenced employment with us on <start date> as a Tier 2 (general) migrant.
His role falls within standard occupational code 2135 IT business analysts, architects and systems designers for which the minimum annual salary for an experienced worker is GBP <36000>.
His contracted hours of work per week are <>.
We confirm that his current annual salary is above the prescribed rate as set out in the appropriate code of practice.

His position is permanent and on-going and we will continue to require his services for foreseeable future.
We further confirm the gross annual salary paid will also be paid for the foreseeable future.

We confirm that he is entitled to <> days annual leave per year.

We confirm that during his employment with us he has not taken unpaid leave or any other leave taken for statutory purposes such as maternity.

This information is given in strict confidence, and should not be divulged to any third party.
It is also given without any admission of liability for the information provided in this reference on the parts of <Employer name> or any company in the <employer name> group, or the signatory.

Yours faithfully,

<Name>
<Position>
Mob: <>, Tel: <>
Email: <>

<Address>

Employment reference + leave letter from previous employer (main applicant):

Private and Confidential
Home Office

Our reference:

RE: Application of <> for indefinite leave to remain in the UK under the Tier 2 (General) Work Permit approved employment category

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is to certify that <> was employed in the UK, by <previous employer name> as a full time permanent employee as <role name> from <start date> to <end date>, in the IT department at our <city name> UK office.

He was sponsored by <previous employer name>, with CoS No <> under Tier 2 (General) visa category.

He was absent from the United Kingdom for following periods;

Sr. Date Out Date In Total Days outside UK Description/Reason
1 01/01/2014 04/11/2014 2 Paid Annual Leave
2 05/01/2015 11/01/2015 5 Paid Annual Leave

We confirm that during his employment with us he has not taken unpaid leave or any other leave taken for statutory purposes such as paternity.

This information is given in strict confidence, and should not be divulged to any third party. It is also given without any admission of liability for the information provided in this reference on the parts of <Employer name> or any company in the <employer name> group, or the signatory.
Should you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact the undersigned.

Yours faithfully,

<Name>
<Position>

<Address>

Leave letter from current employer (main applicant):

Private and Confidential
Home Office

Dear Sir/Madam,

RE: Reasons for work-related absences including periods of paid annual leave from UK for <XYZ> (<Date of birth>, NI number: <>)

Regarding the individual named above, I confirm the following.

The table below outlines company pre-approved work-related absences including periods of paid annual leave from UK taken during this period by the named individual:
* Sr. Date Out Date In Total complete days outside UK Description / Reason
* 1 07/01/2015 09/02/2015 32 Approved paid annual leaves
* 2 02/02/2016 15/02/2016 12 • Approved work related absences in India till 06/02/2016 • Approved paid annual leaves from 07/02/2016 – 15/02/2017

I confirm that during his employment with us he has been in continued paid employment from his start date of <> till now, during which time he was paid a full-time salary without any unpaid leave or pay gaps. Please note that he has not taken any leaves for statutory purposes such as Paternity.

This information is given in strict confidence, and should not be divulged to any third party. It is also given without any admission of liability for the information provided in this reference on the parts of <Employer name> or any company in the <employer name> group, or the signatory.

Yours faithfully,

<Name>
<Position>

<Address>

Letter from current employer for authenticity of payslips (main applicant):
The HR manager also attested printouts of my 3 recent payslips.

Private and Confidential
Home Office

Dear Sir/Madam,

RE: Authenticity of Payslips for <XYZ> (<Date of birth>, NI number: <>)

Regarding the individual named above, I confirm that the accompanied payslips are authentic.

I confirm that during his employment with us he has been in continued paid employment from his start date of <> till now, during which time he was paid a full-time salary without any unpaid leave or pay gaps. Please note that he has not taken any leaves for statutory purposes such as Paternity.

Yours faithfully,

<Name>
<Position>

<Address>

Employment reference spouse’s employer (dependent):

Private and Confidential
Home Office

Our reference:

RE: <XYZ> (<Date of birth>, NI number: <>)

Dear Sir/Madam,

We write with respect to the above named individual.

She is employed by us as an <position> and receive an annual salary of GBP <>.

She commenced employment with us on <start date> and her contracted hours of work per week are <>.
Her position is permanent and on-going and we will continue to require his services for foreseeable future.
We further confirm the gross annual salary paid will also be paid for the foreseeable future.

We confirm that he is entitled to <> days annual leave per year.

We confirm that during his employment with us he has not taken unpaid leave or any other leave taken for statutory purposes such as maternity.

Yours faithfully,

<Name>
<Position>

<Address>

Letter from spouse’s current employer for authenticity of payslips (dependent):
The HR manager also attested printouts of her 3 recent payslips.

Private and Confidential
Home Office

Dear Sir/Madam,

RE: Authenticity of Payslips for <XYZ> (<Date of birth>, NI number: <>)

Regarding the individual named above, I confirm that the accompanied payslips are authentic.

Yours faithfully,

<Name>
<Position>

<Address>

everfor

Post by everfor » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:26 pm

5. Doc provided:

Congrats. Previously are you in Tier 1 dependent category? I am naturalized British citizen and my wife tier 1 dependent, next month she is going to get her ilr. Understood she need to fill Set 0 application but Bit confused part filling in the absence day. she is out more than 180 days in five years and she is house wife Understood Dependent category rule of absence won't applicable. correct me if i am wrong.

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by makky86 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:31 pm

everfor wrote:

5. Doc provided:

Congrats. Previously are you in Tier 1 dependent category? I am naturalized British citizen and my wife tier 1 dependent, next month she is going to get her ilr. Understood she need to fill Set 0 application but Bit confused part filling in the absence day. she is out more than 180 days in five years and she is house wife Understood Dependent category rule of absence won't applicable. correct me if i am wrong.
180 absense requirement does not apply to any dependents. Its for the main applicant only.
II Youths a stuff neve endures II

ochman17
Newly Registered

Post by ochman17 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:30 pm

After spending a lot of time on this website gaining useful information I feel it is only right for me to share my experience. I applied 26 days before I complete 5 years on T2 and I switched employers during this time.
1.Category. Tier 2 General
3. Total cost. 2886 GBP or close
4. PEO branch. Glasgow
5. Main Documents provided.
Payslips (4 most recent)
Bank statement (3 months)
Letters from 2 previous employers on overseas holidays
Letter from current employer on pay, SOC, 'required for the forseable future'.
Master's degree certificate
LITUK pass cert
Old and current passports
Current BRP
2 passport photographs (they only took 1)
Additional but I personally don't think you need to put these but I had them available so I put them anyway
P45
P60s (4)
Evidence of my own property (again, this was just me putting in extra stuff)
Printout of CoS

Overall, it was a pleasant experience. Staff including security staff were very friendly. Total time was under 90 mins from start to finish.

Mrchaany

Post by Mrchaany » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:54 pm

1. Category - 10 years ILR
2. Number of dependents - 0
3. Total cost - £2889 around
4. PEO branch - croydon
5. Documents provided
Passorts all (3)
UK degree
Life in the UK test certificate
BRP Tier1 (ent)
Few business and employee related documents.
Clean immigration history never refused Visa.
No questions asked
With in 3 hours after biometrics Ilr approval reccived.
Strong commitment, extreme faith and honesty will recognize your existence.

yazztech

Post by yazztech » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:45 pm

Mrchaany wrote:1. Category - 10 years ILR
2. Number of dependents - 0
3. Total cost - £2889 around
4. PEO branch - croydon
5. Documents provided
Passorts all (3)
UK degree
Life in the UK test certificate
BRP Tier1 (ent)
Few business and employee related documents.
Clean immigration history never refused Visa.
No questions asked
With in 3 hours after biometrics Ilr approval reccived.

Congrts.... just quick info I need can you please share what kind Of business documents you submitted and employees as well ?

Thanks

Mrchaany

Post by Mrchaany » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:37 pm

Employee six more months payslips
Two months business bank statements
Current appointment report
Accountant letter as they represent my business
Last year annual accounts
Business insurance