ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 ext App Pending/ found mistake in FPS

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Atif786
Member of Standing

Tier1 ext App Pending/ found mistake in FPS

Post by Atif786 » Tue May 23, 2017 2:13 am

Hi Zimba 88 and other respected gurus ,
Time line as follows
Applied on the 29/03/2017
Biometric received 29/04/2017
Given 02/05/2017
Complex issue letter received on 09/05/2017 dated 5/05/2017.

I am in a sticky wicked situation , I was going through the FPS report and payslips of the employees for the April 2017 which was emailed to me by my Accountant and found a mistake in one of my employees sir name so I quickly checked the FPS and salary slips which I have submitted with my application and the all submitted FPS also have the same spelling mistake however name on salary slips and application form is correct as it matched with employee's passport, the problem is my employee's name is a bit long consists of 4 words
It reads as xxxxxx , her first name on passport is xxxxxxxxx
And last name is xxxx , however on FPS reports her last name has been misspelt as xxxxxxxxx so basically "h" is misisng .
What shall I do now ?
Can I ask my accountant to Amend the FPS with correct name and resubmit to HMRc explaining the same and give me a covering letter explaining the same so that I can post it to Sheffield ukvi team with a covering letter explains the same.
Can someone share the postal address to send the amended documents and will the amended FPS reports be Acceptable by the case worker as I need to do from April 2015.
Please advise me asap.
Atif

Atif786
Member of Standing

Re: Tier1 ext App Pending/ found mistake in FPS

Post by Atif786 » Tue May 23, 2017 3:16 am

I have just checked P60 for the same employee for the last 2 years and spelling of the name is perfectly fine as it appears on the passport , I get an impression that hmrc has correct name of the employee , it's only the FPS software where my accountant has made a mistake .
Guys please advise asap
Atif

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Tue May 23, 2017 6:14 am

First, please do not include full names of your employees (or any other third person), it is a violation of privacy.

When I made my submission, I had a similar problem (in fact worse). My employee had given me a short name during her interview/employment contract, etc. And the passport had the full name. So the passport did not match any of my other documents - payslips, FPS, etc.

Once I realised it (about three weeks after I submitted), I asked the employee to give me a copy of her NI letter, which had the full name as per passport and the NI number.

I submitted that with an explanation letter showing that the NI number was the same in my payslips/FPS as the NI letter.

I also updated our payroll system and provided an additional payslip/FPS as the next one was due.

I did not correct the earlier ones as HMRC uses NI number as the primary identity

You should send all the documents to the original address with the reference of your case number included

Atif786
Member of Standing

Post by Atif786 » Tue May 23, 2017 7:25 am

Thanks Marcnath for sharing your Experince , the name of
The name of the employee is just made up one just to show the format and spelling mistake .
Have you submitted documents accepted ?
In my case it's a genuine spelling mistake in the last name of the employee so shall I just post them with the latest FPS report explaining them about a spelling mistake in the earlier submitted FPS, but I am sure HMRC has got her correct spelling in their record , I'll call today and double check with HMRc paye
Atif

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Tue May 23, 2017 7:49 am

You are welcome.

Yes, I assume my documents was accepted since my application was approved.

Atif786
Member of Standing

Post by Atif786 » Tue May 23, 2017 8:11 am

marcnath wrote:You are welcome.

Thanks a lot
Atif

Atif786
Member of Standing

Post by Atif786 » Tue May 23, 2017 8:24 am

Just want to confirm with you , HMRC picks up name of the employee that they have against the NI number on their system instead of the name that we submit through RTI-FPS?

Shall I just ask my accountant to update the software
With correct name and run the payrol for may month and post may 3017 Salary slip and RTI-FPS with covering letter from myself and explanation letter from my accountant?
Will that be enough?
Or do I need to submit her NI number as well aling with P60 ?
Atif

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Tue May 23, 2017 11:07 am

Atif786 wrote:

Just want to confirm with you , HMRC picks up name of the employee that they have against the NI number on their system instead of the name that we submit through RTI-FPS?
I can't be sure of that, but it would be a fair guess that HMRC pays more importance to the NI number than the name.
Atif786 wrote:
Shall I just ask my accountant to update the software
With correct name and run the payrol for may month and post may 3017 Salary slip and RTI-FPS with covering letter from myself and explanation letter from my accountant?
Will that be enough?
Or do I need to submit her NI number as well aling with P60 ?
Again, difficult for me to say for sure. It would be up to the CW. But it should give you enough argument if it was rejected due to that and you need to go for AR. The more documents you can get in before the decision is made, the better as you can't submit additional documents after the decision is made.

Atif786
Member of Standing

Post by Atif786 » Tue May 23, 2017 11:14 am

Thanks Marcnath , appreciate your advice
Atif

Atif786
Member of Standing

Post by Atif786 » Tue May 23, 2017 11:44 am

Zimba88 your advise please
Atif

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue May 23, 2017 12:17 pm

Follow the advice given to you above by Marcnath
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Atif786
Member of Standing

Post by Atif786 » Tue May 23, 2017 12:39 pm

zimba88 wrote:Follow the advice given to you above by Marcnath
Ok thanks Zimba
Atif

Atif786
Member of Standing

Post by Atif786 » Tue May 23, 2017 2:02 pm

marcnath wrote:First, please do not include full names of your employees (or any other third person), it is a violation of privacy.

When I made my submission, I had a similar problem (in fact worse). My employee had given me a short name during her interview/employment contract, etc. And the passport had the full name. So the passport did not match any of my other documents - payslips, FPS, etc.

Once I realised it (about three weeks after I submitted), I asked the employee to give me a copy of her NI letter, which had the full name as per passport and the NI number.

I submitted that with an explanation letter showing that the NI number was the same in my payslips/FPS as the NI letter.

I also updated our payroll system and provided an additional payslip/FPS as the next one was due.

I did not correct the earlier ones as HMRC uses NI number as the primary identity

You should send all the documents to the original address with the reference of your case number included
Hi MArcnath,
i had a discussion with my accountant and he spoke to Hmrc as well regarding the same and , it's been established that HMRC has got the correct name on their system , so that's what my accountant has suggested that he'll write an explanation letter stating that employees spelling is correct on all the documents including in HMRC record however at the time of printing out the FPS reprots there was an error on his software and he had to retype the names of the employees and that's where he missed out H in the sir name of one of the employees , having spoken with HMRC , he's been suggested to make correction in the payrol software and reprint the FPS reports for the last 2 years ( don't need to resubmit FPS as HMRC already have Correct name on their System) so that we can send all the amended RTI-FPS to the UKVI explaining them the same and we can also send the latest RTI FPS as well for MArch and April 2017 .
will that be fine? or do you want me to add something more, will it be ok to resend all the RTI-FPS with correct names ?
and could you please let me know the postal address of the UKVi as originally i posted my application to Durham but i remember someone saying that additional documents to be sent to Sheffield Address,
can you Give me the full postal address please.
Atif

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Tue May 23, 2017 5:33 pm

Atif786 wrote: Hi MArcnath,
i had a discussion with my accountant and he spoke to Hmrc as well regarding the same and , it's been established that HMRC has got the correct name on their system , so that's what my accountant has suggested that he'll write an explanation letter stating that employees spelling is correct on all the documents including in HMRC record however at the time of printing out the FPS reprots there was an error on his software and he had to retype the names of the employees and that's where he missed out H in the sir name of one of the employees , having spoken with HMRC , he's been suggested to make correction in the payrol software and reprint the FPS reports for the last 2 years ( don't need to resubmit FPS as HMRC already have Correct name on their System) so that we can send all the amended RTI-FPS to the UKVI explaining them the same and we can also send the latest RTI FPS as well for MArch and April 2017 .
will that be fine? or do you want me to add something more, will it be ok to resend all the RTI-FPS with correct names ?
and could you please let me know the postal address of the UKVi as originally i posted my application to Durham but i remember someone saying that additional documents to be sent to Sheffield Address,
can you Give me the full postal address please.
My personal opinion is that, in your case, you may not even need to send anything since the payslips and passport match and the FPS has the same NI number as the payslip.
But sending additional documents will not harm.
My case was an ILR application and I sent it to the same address as the original application. So, the address I used is not relevant for you

Atif786
Member of Standing

Post by Atif786 » Tue May 23, 2017 6:17 pm

Thanks Marcnath for your reply , yes I have spoken to the UKvi and they asked me to send it to Sheffield address , resin I want to send the amended FPS as the mistake is in the sir name and don't want to take any risk as we never know how the CW evaluates the details , however Hmrc asked me to correct the spelling in the payrol software and reprint the reports.
Accountant is citing a reason that Mothly RTI FPS submissions were done with correct information however at the time of getting printout of all the reports , the letter H was somehow got deleted from the sir name so he made the correction in the sir name after speaking with HMrc .
I hope it goes well.
Atif

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Tue May 23, 2017 7:44 pm

[quote="Atif786"]Thanks Marcnath for your reply , yes I have spoken to the UKvi and they asked me to send it to Sheffield address , resin I want to send the amended FPS as the mistake is in the sir name and don't want to take any risk as we never know how the CW evaluates the details , however Hmrc asked me to correct the spelling in the payrol software and reprint the reports.
Accountant is citing a reason that Mothly RTI FPS submissions were done with correct information however at the time of getting printout of all the reports , the letter H was somehow got deleted from the sir name so he made the correction in the sir name after speaking with HMrc .
I hope it goes well.[/quote]
I am sure it will go well. All the best.

Atif786
Member of Standing

Post by Atif786 » Tue May 23, 2017 8:49 pm

Thanks a lot for your wishes , I appreciate your time and advise .
Atif

Atif786
Member of Standing

Post by Atif786 » Wed May 31, 2017 4:04 am

Hi Zimba88 and Marcnath , I have posted my updated FPS reports with accountant's explanation letter on the 24th of May and it was delivered to their Shefield PO Box on the 25th May but the status shows Awaiting collection by the reciepint.
Here is the address :
Uk visa and immigrations
PO Box 3468
Sheffield
S3 8WA.
Is the address correct and what I can do to bring it to their attention?
Thanks
Atif

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Wed May 31, 2017 7:45 am

Atif786 wrote:Hi Zimba88 and Marcnath , I have posted my updated FPS reports with accountant's explanation letter on the 24th of May and it was delivered to their Shefield PO Box on the 25th May but the status shows Awaiting collection by the reciepint.
Here is the address :
Uk visa and immigrations
PO Box 3468
Sheffield
S3 8WA.
Is the address correct and what I can do to bring it to their attention?
Thanks
Not much you can do. I am sure they will process it in the next few days.
This is about two things
1) Correcting your information before the decision is made
2) Just in case it is not considered, having a basis for arguing at AR that it should have been considered (since you can't submit additional documents for AR itself)

Just in case you get a rejection for this reason only, I think having the delivery proof is still a strong argument in AR

Atif786
Member of Standing

Post by Atif786 » Wed May 31, 2017 3:42 pm

Thanks for the the reply Marcnath, I am also thinking of
Faxing them a letter with all the details in it and requesting them to collect the documents with proof of delivery
Atif

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:45 am

Atif786 wrote:Thanks for the the reply Marcnath, I am also thinking of
Faxing them a letter with all the details in it and requesting them to collect the documents with proof of delivery
Hmm.. off-topic, but I haven't seen a fax machine for couple of years at least... Do they still exist ? :lol: