ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Act 3C

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Rstahiri
Newly Registered

Act 3C

Post by Rstahiri » Sun May 21, 2017 4:55 am

Hi Guys

I seriously need help. Can some one please give me advise upon my problem. I applied for Ilr in Feb. Which was refused due to 10 days gap in my long residence in U.K. While my visa is still remaing, expiring in June. Since my application was refused I appealed against the decision and still waiting for the hearing date. Now question is that I know if some one applies in time and waiting for the decision but his visa expires he is cover under act 3C. I want to know since my decision came before the expiry of my visa. Will 3C protect me after my visa expires at 2nd of June since I am on appeal.

Thanks

vinny

Re: Act 3C

Post by vinny » Sun May 21, 2017 5:09 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Rstahiri
Newly Registered

Post by Rstahiri » Sun May 21, 2017 6:06 pm

Thanks Viny. So its definitely No. So could you please be able to advise me, that what should i do now? to keep my self legal not overstay. Should i withdraw the appeal and apply again before the expiry of my Visa? or wait for the appeal to be decided. Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun May 21, 2017 10:35 pm

I think you may make another application shorty before your leave expires without withdrawing your appeal.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

Rstahiri
Newly Registered

Post by Rstahiri » Wed May 24, 2017 6:30 pm

Thanks for the information guys.
Need some more information please. I applied for Ilr in long residences basis which was refused, i went on appeal still waiting for the decision or hearing date. My Visa is expiring on 2nd of June.
-can you please confirm will act of 3C cover me after my visa expires since i am on appeal?
-Since I am waiting for the hearing, my family is with me in uk, their visa also expiring, can you guys please advise me which application should i send for them, i mean which application form i need to use to apply for them as i don't want them to be illegal?
-My eldest kid will be of 7 year in oct, can we apply on 7 years route now?
-what is the success rate of 7 year family route?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 24, 2017 6:33 pm

vinny wrote:No.
The answer won't change per vinny's link already provided regarding section 3C.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Rstahiri
Newly Registered

Post by Rstahiri » Wed May 24, 2017 6:37 pm

Thanks Vinny i appreciate your answer and i am not asking again to reconfirm actually now i am after the following question, wrote all the story so you guys can understand what is the case.

-Since I am waiting for the hearing, my family is with me in uk, their visa also expiring, can you guys please advise me which application should i send for them, i mean which application form i need to use to apply for them as i don't want them to be illegal?
-My eldest kid will be of 7 year in oct, can we apply on 7 years route now?
-what is the success rate of 7 year family route?

Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed May 24, 2017 10:19 pm

See also FLR(FP).