ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

child born overseas before father's British Citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mkraja

child born overseas before father's British Citizenship

Post by mkraja » Thu May 25, 2017 3:07 pm

Hi all

This forum has been very very helpful. And I appreciate all members and the Admin for this.

I have got another question please. If someone could advise.

I have obtained a British passport for my son born overseas, after my own British nationality. Is there any provision to get ILE or British passport for my 6 years old daughter who was also born overseas but before my own British nationality?

My wife and children have not come to the UK.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: child born overseas before father's British Citizenship

Post by CR001 » Thu May 25, 2017 3:47 pm

Is there any provision to get ILE or British passport for my 6 years old daughter who was also born overseas but before my own British nationality?
No
My wife and children have not come to the UK.
Child will follow the same visa route (spouse/child settlement visas) as the mother and requires 5 years residence (2 x 2.5 year visas) to apply for ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mkraja

Re: child born overseas before father's British Citizenship

Post by mkraja » Thu May 25, 2017 3:55 pm

Ok, thanks alot