ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ba278
Newly Registered

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by ba278 » Thu May 25, 2017 9:30 am

Hi All,

Does anyone know if Doctorate Extension Scheme (DES) is counting towards ten years settlement?
I was on tier 4 visa for 7 years, I was on tier 2 for two years and I am going to apply for on year DES visa. Can I apply for ILR after my DES finished?

Kind Regards,
Ben

Newly Registered

Post by 731737342 » Thu May 25, 2017 8:31 pm

Anyone can get reply after filled the question the tax returns and as 302 document answer

Newly Registered

Post by 731737342 » Thu May 25, 2017 8:33 pm

Moon84 wrote:
sunnysunny1994 wrote:Hi all,
Just like to ask one question. HO has given me 28 days to submit tax documents. I have some tax issues. is it possible to get some extra time from HO? any ideas. Regards
Hi ALL ,
could you please advise me I got the same questionnaire and children related letter from HO. if I send the letter from hospital regarding the plastic surgery treatment for my daughter she was under 1 year when doctors did brain surgery. is there any issue I mean its come under benefits or any effect on my case.
Hi moon I got same question and letter for 2 year old son

oluwa
Newly Registered

Post by oluwa » Thu May 25, 2017 11:26 pm

Good evening everyone,

I have been a visitor on this website since 2016 but just registered today so that I could share my journey just to encourage someone.

I applied for ILR via Tier 1 General route in January 2016 (postal application). I received the automated email once a month stating that my application was still under consideration. After 6 months I stopped receiving the email and I hadn't received any decision. I called UKVI on different occasions but was told it was still pending.

In October 2016 I sent an email to UKVI stating that I had given birth to my first child and due to my docs being with them I couldn't invite my family to support me as I was alone with my child. I received a reply email from them the next day inviting me for an interview in Bradford early November 2016.

I went for the interview and questions were asked about my employment. I didn't hear from them till March 2017 via text and email stating that I had no right to remain in the UK because my leave expired in February 2017. This was a shock as I hadn't received any decision from them. Thereafter I received a letter from the Admin Review team stating that I hadn't put in an admin review and time had lapsed for such. I wrote a letter to them stating that I hadn't received any decision from them and that I had provided a special delivery bag for returns which hadn't been used by them.

The refusal was then posted to me late March 2017 (without my docs or passport) and I was granted 14 days for Admin review. Refusal was based on genuine earnings test as I had used overseas earnings in my application.

Following this refusal it was a case of should I go for Admin review or put in a fresh application based on 10 years long residence as I had qualified for 10 years in October 2016 (I came to UK 2006 as a student, then IGS, PSW and Tier 1 General).

I booked a PSC appointment end of March for Set LR application (10 years Long Residence) thereby forfeiting my right for admin review for my previous application. My booked appointment date was April 2017 at Sheffield PSC. I went for the appointment with all relevant docs apart from previous passports that were stolen in a burglary (although I had photocopies). I was no 2 to be seen on the day, the staff were friendly and polite. After 4 hours of waiting my caseworker came and told me that my current passport was enroute to them and that since my passports were stolen they will need to verify my absences. CW acknowledged that I submitted a police report of the burglary incident in which passports were stolen.

CW gave me letter stating I submitted a valid application and that they will need to conduct further enquiries to reach a final decision.

2 weeks after my PSC appointment I received the documents sent with my previous ilr (tier 1 route) application without passport as passport was sent to CW for fresh application and letter was enclosed stating that time for my admin review had lapsed but that they are aware I have put in a fresh application.

Finally on 23rd May, card was left that I had special delivery to be signed for. I went the next day 24th May to collect my parcel from royal mail which contained my passport, docs and approval letter for ilr. On the same 24th May, BRP was attempted to be delivered but I didn't hear them knock so card was left. I rearranged delivery for 25th May and glory to God my BRP was delivered.

It has been a very long journey but it all worked together for my good. I have never been in breach of any immigration rules and have no criminal convictions.

I can now register my child as a citizen.

Please everyone don't give up, let your faith arise and hope for the best even when it looks like there's no hope.

I wish you all the best and thank you immigration boards for all your help. Moderators I applaud you and say well done.

sunnysunny1994

Post by sunnysunny1994 » Fri May 26, 2017 9:13 am

731737342 wrote:
Moon84 wrote:
Just like to ask one question. HO has given me 28 days to submit tax documents. I have some tax issues. is it possible to get some extra time from HO? any ideas. Regards
Hi ALL ,
could you please advise me I got the same questionnaire and children related letter from HO. if I send the letter from hospital regarding the plastic surgery treatment for my daughter she was under 1 year when doctors did brain surgery. is there any issue I mean its come under benefits or any effect on my case.
Hi all,
did anyone get questionnaire about company taxes or just SA302 and children. HO has asked me questionnaire, SA302 and company taxes and about muy children. As i already mentioned that my children are not here in UK.

eoo10

Post by eoo10 » Fri May 26, 2017 9:31 am

oluwa wrote:Good evening everyone,

I have been a visitor on this website since 2016 but just registered today so that I could share my journey just to encourage someone.

I applied for ILR via Tier 1 General route in January 2016 (postal application). I received the automated email once a month stating that my application was still under consideration. After 6 months I stopped receiving the email and I hadn't received any decision. I called UKVI on different occasions but was told it was still pending.

In October 2016 I sent an email to UKVI stating that I had given birth to my first child and due to my docs being with them I couldn't invite my family to support me as I was alone with my child. I received a reply email from them the next day inviting me for an interview in Bradford early November 2016.

I went for the interview and questions were asked about my employment. I didn't hear from them till March 2017 via text and email stating that I had no right to remain in the UK because my leave expired in February 2017. This was a shock as I hadn't received any decision from them. Thereafter I received a letter from the Admin Review team stating that I hadn't put in an admin review and time had lapsed for such. I wrote a letter to them stating that I hadn't received any decision from them and that I had provided a special delivery bag for returns which hadn't been used by them.

The refusal was then posted to me late March 2017 (without my docs or passport) and I was granted 14 days for Admin review. Refusal was based on genuine earnings test as I had used overseas earnings in my application.

Following this refusal it was a case of should I go for Admin review or put in a fresh application based on 10 years long residence as I had qualified for 10 years in October 2016 (I came to UK 2006 as a student, then IGS, PSW and Tier 1 General).

I booked a PSC appointment end of March for Set LR application (10 years Long Residence) thereby forfeiting my right for admin review for my previous application. My booked appointment date was April 2017 at Sheffield PSC. I went for the appointment with all relevant docs apart from previous passports that were stolen in a burglary (although I had photocopies). I was no 2 to be seen on the day, the staff were friendly and polite. After 4 hours of waiting my caseworker came and told me that my current passport was enroute to them and that since my passports were stolen they will need to verify my absences. CW acknowledged that I submitted a police report of the burglary incident in which passports were stolen.

CW gave me letter stating I submitted a valid application and that they will need to conduct further enquiries to reach a final decision.

2 weeks after my PSC appointment I received the documents sent with my previous ilr (tier 1 route) application without passport as passport was sent to CW for fresh application and letter was enclosed stating that time for my admin review had lapsed but that they are aware I have put in a fresh application.

Finally on 23rd May, card was left that I had special delivery to be signed for. I went the next day 24th May to collect my parcel from royal mail which contained my passport, docs and approval letter for ilr. On the same 24th May, BRP was attempted to be delivered but I didn't hear them knock so card was left. I rearranged delivery for 25th May and glory to God my BRP was delivered.

It has been a very long journey but it all worked together for my good. I have never been in breach of any immigration rules and have no criminal convictions.

I can now register my child as a citizen.

Please everyone don't give up, let your faith arise and hope for the best even when it looks like there's no hope.

I wish you all the best and thank you immigration boards for all your help. Moderators I applaud you and say well done.

I really admire your courage and patience. Your success story is really inspirational. Massive congratulations to you and please enjoy your freedom.

oluwa
Newly Registered

Post by oluwa » Fri May 26, 2017 10:23 am

Thank you so much eoo10. I am very grateful. I wish you all the very best.

Moon84

Post by Moon84 » Fri May 26, 2017 10:35 am

oluwa wrote:Thank you so much eoo10. I am very grateful. I wish you all the very best.
Hi Oluwa,
congratulations could you please tell us you had any tax amendments in your previous tier 1 applications . thank you in advance.

oluwa
Newly Registered

Post by oluwa » Fri May 26, 2017 12:00 pm

Hi Moon84,

Thank you. I didn't have any tax amendments on my previous tier 1 application because I wasn't self employed. I have been an employee throughout. Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
oluwa

Newly Registered

Post by 731737342 » Fri May 26, 2017 11:52 pm

sunnysunny1994 wrote:
731737342 wrote:
Moon84 wrote:
Hi ALL ,
Hi all,
did anyone get questionnaire about company taxes or just SA302 and children. HO has asked me questionnaire, SA302 and company taxes and about muy children. As i already mentioned that my children are not here in UK.
I got questionnaires about company tax and sa302 both. Did you guys get any replies?

sunnysunny1994

Post by sunnysunny1994 » Sat May 27, 2017 6:08 pm

Hi All
Need suggestion/Advice, i have tax issues and tax amendments both company and self.I have recieved HO questioonaire. I have only two weeks to send them back. One of solicitor told me to withdraw ILR LR application and reapply if i have tier2 sponsor which i have (From Home country). I need advice from expert gurus on this forum. is this wise to withdraw application without sending questionnaire and oother documents or should i wait for decision ?. how much chances that i will get tier 2 after withdrawing application? I am worried about deception. ??? kindly advice. thanks

Esther67
Newly Registered

Post by Esther67 » Sun May 28, 2017 9:38 pm

Hi All,
I have noticed on this thread that HO has not been responding within 6 months as standard ☹️. My husband has applied for ILR (LR) and it's almost 6 months already. I am his dependant and my visa will expire shortly after the standard 6 months. In case we haven't received a response by then, please what visa can i apply for while we wait for hubby's response?

Thanks
Estee67

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun May 28, 2017 9:54 pm

Esther67 wrote:Hi All,
I have noticed on this thread that HO has not been responding within 6 months as standard ☹️. My husband has applied for ILR (LR) and it's almost 6 months already. I am his dependant and my visa will expire shortly after the standard 6 months. In case we haven't received a response by then, please what visa can i apply for while we wait for hubby's response?

Thanks
Estee67
You should submit FLR(M) if you meet ALL the requirements, English A2 and Financial Requirement. You must apply before your current visa expires and you should state that you wish your application to be decided once your husband's application is decided.

If his ILR fails, your FLR(M) will also fail.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

legalkhan
Pakistan

Post by legalkhan » Mon May 29, 2017 5:19 pm

Esther67 wrote:Hi All,

Thanks
Estee67
Dear Esther67,
I am exactly in the same situation, its been 7 months my ILR(LR) is pending, No exceptional circumstances. Really very frustrating situation. I had applied for my wife FLR(m) with a covering letter requesting them to put my wife's application on hold untill my ILR has been decided. After two months of my wife application we received a letter stating that they have put her application on hold until my ILR decision.
CR001 is right just apply for FLR(M) provided all other requirements are met with a covering letter.

wahabishtiaq

Post by wahabishtiaq » Tue May 30, 2017 11:47 am

Hi,
Hope all is well, just want to ask if anyone has replied to HO on child welfare and tax questionnaire letters? Especially how did you responded to that, what documents you sourced from doctor or school. Please advise.

Many Thanks

Newly Registered

Post by 731737342 » Wed May 31, 2017 8:30 pm

wahabishtiaq wrote:Hi,
Hope all is well, just want to ask if anyone has replied to HO on child welfare and tax questionnaire letters? Especially how did you responded to that, what documents you sourced from doctor or school. Please advise.

Many Thanks
Hi wahabishtiaq ,
I went to gp and ask about letter and they gave me a letter and nursery people gave me nusery letter
I got same question and letter ho send it , so don't worry we are same boat

ddiva
Newly Registered

Post by ddiva » Wed May 31, 2017 8:41 pm

I recieve child letter and tax questionnaire today as well.
I have 3 children all born in the UK aged 6, 3 and 18 months old. I have included thier details in application form and I am wondering why HO is asking for welfare of children.

vut88

Post by vut88 » Wed May 31, 2017 10:49 pm

What information they want on the child letter?

wahabishtiaq

Post by wahabishtiaq » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:28 am

731737342 wrote:
wahabishtiaq wrote:Hi,

Many Thanks
Hi wahabishtiaq ,
I went to gp and ask about letter and they gave me a letter and nursery people gave me nusery letter
I got same question and letter ho send it , so don't worry we are same boat
Thanks, yeah i have done the same.Did you had tax amends for any year? How you finding the questionnaire?

Newly Registered

Post by 731737342 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:03 am

Ya I did tax amendments in 2012-13 but I done questions , let us see what will happen now?
What about you?

BasilDee
Newly Registered

Post by BasilDee » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:11 am

Hello to everyone, apologies in advance if I am posting incorrectly, I am new here and struggle to understand how everything works..

My husband is due to apply for his ILR via the 10yr long stay route this month onwards 9he's lazy with the Life in the Uk..).

His visa history is similar to many others on the forum, first student visa, then general post study visa and then EEA family member.

I think the most "complicated" (maybe not) part is the employment, for both of us.

This is because after finishing is studies he has been self-employed, until last year.
I am a company director for the past 2+ years.
The complicated part is that while the was a self-employed sole trader I was his employee, while now that I am a company director, I am his employer.
I say that this is complicated for 2 reasons: 1. My husband has to provide proof of his stay and employment (he was self-employed, now I employ him). 2. Since he spent 3Y on an EEA family visa I have to prove that I was exercising treaty rights (I was employed by him, now I am a company director). Basically I think the question is... Do we Self certify our employment? Will the home office see this as "shady"? Has anyone been in a similar situation?

Also, they state on the ILR form that you should provide things like utility bills, council tax bills and other things for the past 10 Yrs!! Does anyone here collect such things for 10 years?!
We don't have those as we never thought we would need such things...they go directly into the bin after being paid..
Also, what if you were renting out a room in the first 6 years? So nothing was technically on your name.(That was the case, as he was single and therefore was a good option to save on crazy London rents..)

Last question... if We would like to do our application with the 1 day service, how much does it cost in total? As everywhere I read individual prices but I'm confused on the total figure.

I apologize for the long long post. Any advice/opinions are very very appreciated.

Aditi12

Post by Aditi12 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:10 am

vut88 wrote:What information they want on the child letter?

I know you have pmed me . Unable to read it however please send msg here

Thanks

superzhousi
Newly Registered

Post by superzhousi » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:36 pm

Dear guys,

Just a quick question. I came to the UK in 2007 on a Tier 4 student visa, now I have been in the UK for 10 years and I would like to apply for the long residence this summer. During my 10 years stay in UK, I have extend my Tier 4 several times, there're cases that I posted my visa application (and passport etc) to the visa office for extension before the expiration date, but when I got my new visa back, its issue date is already after the expiration date of my previous visa. I did all my visa extension applications here in the UK.

My question is do I need to provide any evidence to support that I'm not over-stay during that "waiting period" when applying for the LR? Many thanks.

eoo10

Post by eoo10 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:53 pm

superzhousi wrote:Dear guys,

Just a quick question. I came to the UK in 2007 on a Tier 4 student visa, now I have been in the UK for 10 years and I would like to apply for the long residence this summer. During my 10 years stay in UK, I have extend my Tier 4 several times, there're cases that I posted my visa application (and passport etc) to the visa office for extension before the expiration date, but when I got my new visa back, its issue date is already after the expiration date of my previous visa. I did all my visa extension applications here in the UK.

My question is do I need to provide any evidence to support that I'm not over-stay during that "waiting period" when applying for the LR? Many thanks.
Hi,
You don't need any evidence of such provided you did all your visa extensions "in time"

superzhousi
Newly Registered

Post by superzhousi » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:07 pm

Hi eoo10, thanks for the quick reply.

I heard a rumour before that I need to provide some evidence like postal receipt from the post office or the confirmation letter of receiving the application from the visa office to prove that I actually sent the extension applications before the expiration date. So I don't need those, right?