ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiance visa to flr visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

zeenatmadhani
Newly Registered
India

Fiance visa to flr visa

Post by zeenatmadhani » Tue May 30, 2017 11:49 am

Hello

can someone tell me is there a category called fiance visa ?

so Fiance can come to uk and marry the british citizen in uk

once the marriage happens can the person switch to spouse visa from within the uk ?

is it beneficial to take fiance visa or marriage visa ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Fiance visa to flr visa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 30, 2017 11:58 am

1. Yes, valid for 6 months, costs £1464

2. Yes

3. Yes, form FLR M, which costs £993 plus £500 immigration health surcharge.

4. A marriage visit visa doesnt allow switching in the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zeenatmadhani
Newly Registered
India

Fiance Visa of Marriage Visitor Visa - Pros and Cons?

Post by zeenatmadhani » Tue May 30, 2017 12:52 pm

Hello Everyone ,

please advice me !

should my partner take marriage visitor visa from outside Europe and come to uk and get married here.
once we marry can he switch to spouse visa here before 6 months expiry of marriage visa ? or does he have to go back and apply for spouse visa from his country and come again ?

another option is to take Fiance visa (family of settled person visa) and come here and get married and then switch to spouse visa ? is this allowed ?

any advantages or disadvantages of these options ? i know that he can't work on any of these visas until he get's spouse visa

Thanks

Casa

Re: Fiance Visa of Marriage Visitor Visa - Pros and Cons?

Post by Casa » Tue May 30, 2017 1:07 pm

zeenatmadhani wrote:Hello Everyone ,

please advice me !

should my partner take marriage visitor visa from outside Europe and come to uk and get married here.
once we marry can he switch to spouse visa here before 6 months expiry of marriage visa ? or does he have to go back and apply for spouse visa from his country and come again ? Not permitted to switch from within the UK. A Marriage visit visa is for someone who has no intention of settling in the UK and is simply entering to marry and then leave within 6 months.

another option is to take Fiance visa (family of settled person visa) and come here and get married and then switch to spouse visa ? is this allowed ? Yes.

any advantages or disadvantages of these options ? i know that he can't work on any of these visas until he get's spouse visa

Thanks
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 30, 2017 1:08 pm

You cannot switch to spouse visa if ypu arw in the UK on a marriage visitor visa. Spouse will have to return to home cou try and apply from there.

A fiance visa applicant can switch within the UK once married
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zeenatmadhani
Newly Registered
India

Post by zeenatmadhani » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:10 am

Hello

Has someone recently applied for Fiance visa . can you please post all the list of documents submitted and timelines

thanks

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:12 am

zeenatmadhani wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:10 am
Hello

Has someone recently applied for Fiance visa . can you please post all the list of documents submitted and timelines

thanks
You mean do all the work for you?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

zeenatmadhani
Newly Registered
India

Post by zeenatmadhani » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:18 pm

no someone who has recently applied can you please post the list of documents submitted

thanks