ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Staying in Canada after current visa expires

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

James1983
Newly Registered

Staying in Canada after current visa expires

Post by James1983 » Tue May 30, 2017 6:21 pm

Hey guys, I have been trying to get in touch with an immigration officer for the last week but to no avail so I'm hoping you guys may be able to offer some advice.

Basically my current FSW visa (locked to one company) expires in a month and I have now left the company I was working for (and obviously this company is whom my visa was tied to). I have applied for PR and have an APR letter but currently my PR application hasn't been checked as "eligible". I am wondering if my PR application alone gives me implied status so that I can stay in Canada after my visa expires whilst I search for my next job or should I apply for a BOWP which as far as I can tell won't be processed until my PR application changes to "found eligible". I submitted my PR invitation 3 months ago and as a BOWP takes 3 months to process according to the Canada immigration website it seems silly to apply for a BOWP at this point as my PR will hopefully be approved within the next 3 months.

Thanks in advance for your help :)

James