ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 form section 6 - Biometric Enrolment

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Lpoolguyuk
Newly Registered

MN1 form section 6 - Biometric Enrolment

Post by Lpoolguyuk » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:11 pm

Hi all,

I was wondering if any of you could help me.
I am a British citizen by descent and have a child born abroad.
Looking up on the internet it looks like I need to fill in the MN1 form to naturalise my son under section 3(2).
my son is less than 2 years old and is in Yemen which you may of seen on the news about the war going on. Due to this war the embassy has closed and their is no listed post office which can take the digital photograph. I am worried if I send the application without section 6 completed it will be rejected.

Can anyone advise on what to do? My son does not hold a passport to travel to any other country as the passports in Yemen, also how can I get the referees to sign the documents? Will it be acceptable if I send them the a scanned copy and they sign and scan it back to me? Or should I have them write a letter to confirm the details etc are correct and have then authorise it in court in Yemen? Please advise.

Regards
Mohamed

E44302

Re: MN1 form section 6 - Biometric Enrolment

Post by E44302 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:00 am

1) I think they can get a digital photo anywhere and send them over to you. It need not be a photo that needs to be taken in the embassy. As long as the photo follows the guidelines set by the UKVI its going to be fine. You need to complete section 6.
2) Regarding referees, lets see what the other members have to say.

Lpoolguyuk
Newly Registered

Re: MN1 form section 6 - Biometric Enrolment

Post by Lpoolguyuk » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:31 pm

Thank you fr replying, my only concern is if they ask me to take my son out of Yemen to take his photograph in a listed/approved post office. If this is the case I am unable to take him as he does not hold a Yemeni passport and with the ever growing war going on the passport offices are closed or don't have passports to issue.

Can anyone advise on my second point?