ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier-1 dependent or Family visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Zataak
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Tier-1 dependent or Family visa

Post by Zataak » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:59 am

Hi,

I am a ILR holder since July 2015 and it shall expire in 2024. My son who born in March 2014 is a British Passport holder now.

My wife (who is a doctor and NHS employee) got Tier-1 dependent visa in January 2013 and came to UK February 2013, at that time I had Tier-1 (General) visa expiring in 2014. So my wife then extended her Tier-1 dependent visa in 2014 for another 3 years which is now expiring on 15th July 2017. Although, my wife shall be eligible for ILR in February 2018 (after spending 5 years in UK) she has to apply for visa (an extension) next month.

I need help to understand what kind of visa she needs to apply now?
1- Does she needs to apply for Tier-1 dependent visa extension, since I was on a Tier-1 General visa originally?
2- Or she can apply for Family Visa, since now I am on ILR (settled in UK permanently)?
3- If she applies for a Family Visa, would she still be able to apply for an ILR in February 2018?
4- In case of both Tier-1 dependent or Family visa, how long visa she shall be granted?
5- Since, she would need only 8 months visa before she can apply for ILR in February 2018, how much Health Care charges she would need to pay? For 1 year or for a longer period?
6- Is it possible to tell UKBA that ILR is due in 8 month, so just grant only 1 year visa?

I shall be grateful, if someone answers my above questions and provide some references to similar cases.

Kind Regards,
-- Atif.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier-1 dependent or Family visa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:10 am

If you got ILR based on tier 1 general and 5 years residence then wife should extend her tier 1 general dependent visa, which will be granted for 3 years, £600 IHS payable plus visa fee.

Applying for spouse settlement visa on FLR(M) will reset her clock to zero and a new 5 year residence period before ahe can apply for ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.