ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

gimarwat

Re: Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Post by gimarwat » Tue May 09, 2017 10:33 am

missflmack wrote:Does anybody know if short coas still accompany the biometrics letter? I.e if the biometrics letter came by itself, would one assume a long coa will follow? Any recent cases that can confirm this would be great.
First you receive a Biometric letter. Once Biometric done/sent then you suppose to receive the COA valid for 6 months. There is no such thing short or long COA. Some applicants(normally EEA citizens) receive an email confirmation but in that case the Biometric letter followed by COA(for non EEA) should be sent.
I hope this clears the situation
This is all from MY experience and observations over the past few years. I am not an immigration professional in any way whatsoever.

Pina123

Post by Pina123 » Tue May 09, 2017 1:06 pm

gimarwat wrote:
missflmack wrote:Does anybody know if short coas still accompany the biometrics letter? I.e if the biometrics letter came by itself, would one assume a long coa will follow? Any recent cases that can confirm this would be great.
First you receive a Biometric letter. Once Biometric done/sent then you suppose to receive the COA valid for 6 months. There is no such thing short or long COA. Some applicants(normally EEA citizens) receive an email confirmation but in that case the Biometric letter followed by COA(for non EEA) should be sent.
I hope this clears the situation

Thanks for your reply. By short coa, I mean a coa without right to work. . I have read older cases on here stating that this type of coa came at the same time as the Biometric letter. Just wondered if that's the case, or if people have received biometrics and a coa without right to work separately.

Mandokinha2701

Post by Mandokinha2701 » Tue May 09, 2017 7:21 pm

eeapr2017 wrote:
Mandokinha2701 wrote:
eeapr2017 wrote:Mandokinha2701

Dear any update ?

Regards

I am sorry, I wasn't home when they attempted to deliver so I only picked the post this morning.
I received all my documents back with a letter saying that I will receive my PR CARD within 10 working days.

Letter was dated 03/04/2017

Such a relief.

Good luck to you and to everyone. Believe.
Congrats And enjoy your life. I just wanted to ask is the letter dated 03/04 or 03/05 and one more thing if you can tell what kind of application like are you married or after divorce or unmarried partner ? Kindly share with me if you easily can. Once again enjoy your life. Regards
Sorry for the delay in replying.

My mistake, letter was dated 03/05. I'm still in a relationship, civil partnership. My partner has acquired PR November 2016 just before I applied for mine. Partner also was employed and then became self employed half way through.
Good Luck

forzark1
Newly Registered

Post by forzark1 » Fri May 12, 2017 12:10 pm

Got my PR today!

Non - EU Application sent: 11 Nov 2016
HO received: 14 Nov 2016
Payment taken out: 16 Nov 2016
Bio-metrics: 20 Dec
COA: 29 Dec
PR: 08 May

I will get my permanent residence card within 10 working days now.

Good luck to all of you!

emzhie0419
Newly Registered

Post by emzhie0419 » Mon May 15, 2017 10:45 am

Hi i applied and send my application last 20 April 2017, HO received it 24 April 2017. Money deducted 25 April 2017. But until i havent received ang confirmation yet and havent receive my biometric letter. Just wanna ask if i need to call HO to ask for my biometric and confirmatio letter? It's been 3weeks and still havent received anything from HO.

Pina123

Post by Pina123 » Mon May 15, 2017 2:43 pm

emzhie0419 wrote:Hi i applied and send my application last 20 April 2017, HO received it 24 April 2017. Money deducted 25 April 2017. But until i havent received ang confirmation yet and havent receive my biometric letter. Just wanna ask if i need to call HO to ask for my biometric and confirmatio letter? It's been 3weeks and still havent received anything from HO.

Sounds fairly normal in current processing times. For us, confirmation email came after 6 weeks, as did biometrics. Coa still not arrived. Good luck, it's a tough wait.

eeapr2017
Newly Registered

Post by eeapr2017 » Tue May 16, 2017 8:31 pm

Dear all

I applied for Non-PR in November 2016 and my timeline is below

Applied : 15-11-2016
Bio done in December
COa : 09- December 2016 not exactly sure the date
PR still waiting

Is anyone else waiting for November applications please share your timeline here. Thanks

Kim6133
Newly Registered

Post by Kim6133 » Thu May 18, 2017 1:18 pm

eeapr2017 wrote:Dear all

I applied for Non-PR in November 2016 and my timeline is below

Applied : 15-11-2016
Bio done in December
COa : 09- December 2016 not exactly sure the date
PR still waiting

Is anyone else waiting for November applications please share your timeline here. Thanks
Hey Dear,
Same situation is here, I have applied in 1st of November 2016,
COA dated 28 November 2016,
Still waiting for decision.
Had contact with HO they said they will contact me next 5 working days.
Good luck to all

Kim6133
Newly Registered

Post by Kim6133 » Fri May 19, 2017 9:02 am

Daniann wrote:
Daniann wrote:
Daniann wrote:Hi guys ,
I have applied on 3/10/2016
biometric on 18/10 and biometric taken on 21/10, COA dated on 23/10 .
And am still waiting ! It's been 6month and 7 days I contact the HO via the help line last week and I just recived email today saying my applection still under consideration .

Any one can share their experience and still waiting for more than 6 month?
Guys I didn't receive anything until now, Any one from the first week of October still waiting ??
Guys , it's been 6 month and 25 days since I sent my application and am kept calling them 2 times a week and recently they recognise me from my phone number.. any suggestions ? What shall I do ! My solicitor keep telling me we can't do anything and we need to wait , it's really stressful and I can't plane or do anything in my life at this stage !!
Any help ?
Hey Dear,
Have you heard anything from HO yet??
Kindly reply
Thanks

Daniann
Algeria

Post by Daniann » Fri May 19, 2017 10:12 am

Kim6133 wrote:
Daniann wrote:
Daniann wrote:
And am still waiting ! It's been 6month and 7 days I contact the HO via the help line last week and I just recived email today saying my applection still under consideration .

Guys I didn't receive anything until now, Any one from the first week of October still waiting ??
Guys , it's been 6 month and 25 days since I sent my application and am kept calling them 2 times a week and recently they recognise me from my phone number.. any suggestions ? What shall I do ! My solicitor keep telling me we can't do anything and we need to wait , it's really stressful and I can't plane or do anything in my life at this stage !!
Any help ?
Hey Dear,
Kindly reply
Thanks
Yes I got my PR 2 days ago , it's tooks 7 months and2 weeks
All the best for everyone

Samelamin
Member of Standing
Sudan

Post by Samelamin » Fri May 19, 2017 10:29 am

Congrats! Mines coming close to 7 months now. I just called them again and they said wait another 5 working days

They refuse to pass on the information that it is a legal requirement to make a decision for a non eu national with 6 months
EEA 4 applied - 15th November 2015
COA received - 18 Jan
Application Refused: 15th of April
Appeal: 16th of April
Reconsideration Letter sent: 16th April
Reapplied EEA 4: 24th October 2016
Payment Taken: 28th October 2016
RC: 23 May 2017

Kim6133
Newly Registered

Post by Kim6133 » Fri May 19, 2017 9:23 pm

Kim6133 wrote:
Daniann wrote:
Daniann wrote:

Any help ?
Hey Dear,
Kindly reply
Thanks
Hello All,
Just received today letter from HO about my PR
Also all documents back from HO.
PR will be in next 10 working days.
Peace of mind thanks GOD.
My timeline is below.
Application send: 1/112016
Biometric: 17/11/2016
COA: 28/11/2016
PR letter with documents: 19/05/2017.
Good luck to all of you

eeapr2017
Newly Registered

Post by eeapr2017 » Sun May 21, 2017 5:15 am

Kim6133 Congratulation. I hope to get mine one soon as I also applied in November 2016.

basaranis
Newly Registered

Post by basaranis » Tue May 23, 2017 1:54 pm

Hello everyone,

I have applied for RC but HO has just issued PR for me!!

I had applied for PR (family member) last year approx this time which was rejected due to lacking CSI or insufficient income of my sponsor. HO also told me to leave the country, same story that I am sure many are familiar here. I later on applied for RC for 5 years and asked HO to lift the deportation notice. This time, HO decided to give me PR instead!!

Good luck for those who are trying to acquire PR!

Ismail

Samelamin
Member of Standing
Sudan

Post by Samelamin » Tue May 23, 2017 8:17 pm

Hi Everyone!

I have some good news finally! My RC arrived today. Its just under 7 month wait but the wait is finally over!

Its strange that the card arrived before my passport but we expect the other documents to arrive over the next few days.

Such a massive relief! This form has been a tremendous help, both emotionally and physically

For those still waiting, the flood of applications because of brexit has caused timelines to go longer than the stated 6 months. Dont worry and please be patient your time will come :)
EEA 4 applied - 15th November 2015
COA received - 18 Jan
Application Refused: 15th of April
Appeal: 16th of April
Reconsideration Letter sent: 16th April
Reapplied EEA 4: 24th October 2016
Payment Taken: 28th October 2016
RC: 23 May 2017

eeapr2017
Newly Registered

Post by eeapr2017 » Thu May 25, 2017 12:43 pm

Dear all

Is anyone still waiting for November 2016 applications? Please share ur timeline here. Thanks

Qman

Post by Qman » Tue May 30, 2017 8:54 pm

Previous app: RC Received (20/10/2011)

Five years came round and...
Applied for PR March 2016
Refused for insufficient no. of payslips Sept 2016
Appealed to FtT Sept 2016
Appeal refused due to typo on spouse payslip Nov 2016
Applied for permiss to Appeal to Upper Tribunal Nov 2016
PTA refused Dec 2016
Applied direct to UT for permission Jan 2017
Permission granted Jan 2017
Appeal heard with additional evidence permitted 29 Apr 2017
Judge to remake decision (he/she said)
New COA received on request 4 May 2017
Still Awaiting decision

Contacted Tribunal today and was told over 4 weeks for a decision is "Not uncommon" and to contact the venue where my tribunal was held to get an update.
Sent PR March 2016
Refused Sept 2016
Appealed to FtT Sept 2016
Refused Nov 2016
Perm to Appeal to Upper Tribunal Nov 2016
Refused Dec 2016
Applied to UT Jan 2017
Appeal heard 29 Apr 2017
New COA 4 May 2017
Overturned 1 June 2017
PR Card issued July 2017

tekgrade1000
Newly Registered

Post by tekgrade1000 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:14 pm

Hello and Thanks everyone for their support. I'm a Non-EEA National, 5.5 years Married, separated to EEA National. Finally good news yesterday

Timeline
26.10.2016 Application Sent
28.10.2016 Application received
10.11.2016 Biometrics Request
14.11.2016 Biometrics Sent
20.11.2016 COA received
02.06.2017 PR Card Arrived

Total 7 Months and 6 days.

Called them twice. first time no no positive response. After the second call to the home office, i had a phone call stating no information available.

..... But PR card arrived at my solicitor following 2 days.

Thanks to Almighty God Good Lucik everyone.

Never Loose Hope!!!

emzhie0419
Newly Registered

Post by emzhie0419 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:19 am

It's been more than 6 weeks since we send our application for PR cert/PR card and we still haven't received anything. No confirmation email/letter that our application is received and no biometric letter. Are there the same situation like ours? Is this normal or do we need to contact home office? Thanks.

nachfee

Post by nachfee » Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:35 pm

Hello Everyone!

Finally getting around doing the PR form.

My EU partner and I (non-EEA) will be applying for PR together. We wish to use the same form though, I hope someone could clarify some doubts I have about three specifics:
- As my EU partner is applying as main applicant, do we need to fill section 2- Sponsor?
- On Section 3, question 3.1
Please tick to indicate the basis on which you’re applying for permanent residence
Would my husband need to "tick" the following statement: (I believe that's the case)
I’ve lived in the UK for a continuous period of five years as an EEA national qualified person, the family member or extended family member of a qualified person, or a combination of these.
Complete sections 5, 9, 16, 17, 18 and 19.

But then the next question:
3.2 If you are (or anyone applying with you is) applying on the basis that you/they are (or have been) a family member or extended family member during the qualifying period, tick the relevant box(es) below and complete the relevant section(s) as directed.

Would "anyone applying with you" apply to me?

But then:
I am or have been the spouse, civil partner, or unmarried or same-sex partner of the sponsor.
Complete section 11.

Its "I" the applicant or "anyone applying with you"?

I am a bit confused with how it is written?

Please if someone could clarify this, it would be amazing.

Many thanks in advance

Sabara
Newly Registered

Post by Sabara » Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:38 pm

Hello all.
I have an important question for you all (hopefully some will be able to help)
I have been a UK resident for 19 years. I am originally from Spain.
Since entering the UK I have continuously worked and then I went to University. For the last 10 years I have been in full time employment with the NHS (without a break, so I believe this qualifies me straight) and I can provide all p60's. I am a member of the Health Professions Council (HPC)and my corresponding professional board.

However, as a spaniard, I have two surnames. When I arrived in London my NI, bank account, bills, everything was placed under my name and my first surname (I was told this is the way as in the UK people either have one surname or a combined surname such as smith-walters). All my documentation has only Name + one surname. Even my UK university degree, my NHS number, HPC registration, my work, my p60's... everything.

Now I am in the process of applying for a UK residency card and I am very concerned that this will give me problems for verification or identification purposes and that my application may get rejected.
Anyone out there that has been in the same situation?

Any help or advice will be very appreciated.

Thank you all and good luck today with the elections!

nachfee

Post by nachfee » Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:10 pm

Sabara wrote:Hello all.
I have an important question for you all (hopefully some will be able to help)
I have been a UK resident for 19 years. I am originally from Spain.
Since entering the UK I have continuously worked and then I went to University. For the last 10 years I have been in full time employment with the NHS (without a break, so I believe this qualifies me straight) and I can provide all p60's. I am a member of the Health Professions Council (HPC)and my corresponding professional board.

However, as a spaniard, I have two surnames. When I arrived in London my NI, bank account, bills, everything was placed under my name and my first surname (I was told this is the way as in the UK people either have one surname or a combined surname such as smith-walters). All my documentation has only Name + one surname. Even my UK university degree, my NHS number, HPC registration, my work, my p60's... everything.

Now I am in the process of applying for a UK residency card and I am very concerned that this will give me problems for verification or identification purposes and that my application may get rejected.
Anyone out there that has been in the same situation?

Any help or advice will be very appreciated.

Thank you all and good luck today with the elections!

I dont think you need to worry. I also have two first names and two last names and some of the documents provided only say my first and last name. It makes sense it's you. Just make sure on your application form, write your name as shown on your passport/national ID card.

emzhie0419
Newly Registered

Post by emzhie0419 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:06 am

It's been more than 6 weeks since we send our application for PR cert/PR card and we still haven't received anything. No confirmation email/letter that our application is received and no biometric letter. Are there the same situation like ours? Is this normal or do we need to contact home office? Thanks.

nikicibaba
Newly Registered

Post by nikicibaba » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:24 am

Dear all,

Finally the wait is over :D , I received today my residence card, issued 2 days ago, a week less than 6 month. I still to receive my passport along with all the documents I sent.

My timeline Non-Eu:
Application sent: 16/12/16
Received: 19/12/16
Money taken 20/12/16
Letter of confirmation received: 13/01/17
PR card: 10/06/17

Still to receive: passport and documents supplied.

Thank you all on this forum for all the helps and advise during this long 5 years journey.

Good luck for everyone that still waiting for PR.

Tomuk007
Newly Registered

Post by Tomuk007 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:14 pm

Hi to all I am eu member applied for pernament residence 11 months ago still do waiting for desicion. I have had call to them many times but they did not gave any any further details when desicion will be made therefore I am wondering if is exist any email address or online form for complaint. Please if any of you do know how to contact them or what to do to speed it up application I'll be appreciated thank you