ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR appointment date - 28 days prior

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

paradoxical
Mood:
Pakistan

ILR appointment date - 28 days prior

Post by paradoxical » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:59 pm

Hi there,
I have a query regarding the date that I can choose to apply for ILR based on 5 years of Tier 2. My first Tier 2 visa was issued on 27th July 2012 and I have been with the same employer since then. I am trying to work out the earliest I can apply ensuring that the payslip that I have is still within the acceptable date range.
If I am able to apply 28 days before I am eligible, then it should come out to be 29th June 2017. Is that correct or is 30th June 2017 the earliest I can apply?
My last payslip is issued on 31st May 2017 (although it says that the pay date is 30th May). Will this pay slip be acceptable whether I apply on 29th or 30th June ?

The guidelines actually say
Applicants can submit a settlement application up to 28 days before they would
reach the end of the specified period

and based on the 'before' bit, I'd like to think that 29th June should be fine too. But I don't want to risk it in case the caseworker interprets it differently.
I am more inclined to 29th June only to stay at work on 30th June to attend some meetings. But if 29th June is borderline and risky, then I could go for 30th (but then wondering if the payslip will still be within the acceptable date range). IF none of these work out, I will then have to wait again for getting a new payslip etc.
Can you kindly look at the dates closely and work this out for me?

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR appointment date - 28 days prior

Post by zimba » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:59 am

I am not sure why you need to put yourself on such a tight deadline ! I suggest to get the June's payslip as well and apply 3rd July. :?
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

paradoxical
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by paradoxical » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:00 am

Thank you for your response Zimba.
It's just that I already had the payslip and the bank statement from Lloyds (which takes several days to arrive by post) and that is why I was keen on proceeding. But I will take your advice and apply in July instead..
The payslips sometimes arrive with a few days lag (a different department in the city sends it to our department by post) and I can't be completely sure that they would have arrived by 3rd July (so I will book an appointment with a delay of a few more days). Added to this is getting the statement from Lloyds which should show that transaction of salary. From what I read in the caseworker's guidance, if I use the printouts from internet banking (which I will now for applying in July as the paper statements in post can take really long!), then I need to have them stamped (which is fine and I have done that before) but I also need to have a letter from the bank on their letterhead confirming the statement (which might be a pain, haven't tried it yet).

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:54 pm

Again, I do not see why you want to rush it if you do not have the required documents. You are not forced to apply 28 days before. You can apply from that point onwards !
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

paradoxical
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by paradoxical » Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:06 pm

Thanks , I will wait and apply in July... :)