ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

an audited accounts with application

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jafersadeq

an audited accounts with application

Post by jafersadeq » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:00 am

Dear Gurus,

My accountant how did the annual accounts for the last two years has passed a way, he filed it and he mentioned the he is my accountant, I do not have a hard copy to show his report,
Can I ask another certified accountant (according HO rules) to prepare a hard copy to use it with extension application? same data but different accountant.

Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Re: an audited accounts with application

Post by zimba » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:32 am

There is no hard copy :? All accounts are digitally prepared
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

jafersadeq

Post by jafersadeq » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:41 am

zimba88 wrote:There is no hard copy :? All accounts are digitally prepared
Dear Zimba88,
He reported the digital accounts to HMRC and on paper to Companies House,
I mean, what shall I submit with my application, I have to submit the annual accounts on paper (hard copy), is that right?
I do not have his report on paper, that what I mean.
Please advise,
Thanks

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:16 am

jafersadeq wrote:
zimba88 wrote:There is no hard copy :? All accounts are digitally prepared
Dear Zimba88,
He reported the digital accounts to HMRC and on paper to Companies House,
I mean, what shall I submit with my application, I have to submit the annual accounts on paper (hard copy), is that right?
I do not have his report on paper, that what I mean.
Please advise,
Thanks
I assume you have the electronic (soft) copy of those submissions
Just print them out and you have the hard copy to submit to UKVI
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

jafersadeq

Post by jafersadeq » Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:13 pm

marcnath wrote: I assume you have the electronic (soft) copy of those submissions
Just print them out and you have the hard copy to submit to UKVI
I have the electronic copy, but it contains the old accountant's name, he passed away, who can sign the accountants report.
Shall I ask an accountant to prepare a digital one and sign it?
Please advise

hkay1
Newly Registered

Post by hkay1 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:36 pm

Was it an accounting practise. Usually it says prepared on behalf of Accounting Company name.
If it is an accounting practise with more than one directors any director can sign off the accounts if they are practising member of the accounting body.

jafersadeq

Post by jafersadeq » Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:40 pm

hkay1 wrote:Was it an accounting practise. Usually it says prepared on behalf of Accounting Company name.
If it is an accounting practise with more than one directors any director can sign off the accounts if they are practising member of the accounting body.
Unfortunately NO, he is the only director.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:49 am

An accountant does not need to sign anything. There is no such statuary requirement
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

jafersadeq

Post by jafersadeq » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:39 am

zimba88 wrote:An accountant does not need to sign anything. There is no such statuary requirement
What about accountant report (accounts compilation report)?

Do you mean that just the director has to sign it??

My question was: Can I ask another accountant to prepare same accounts and to sign the accountant report ? The new accountants name will appear on the new copy.

Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:07 pm

The compilation report is a generic extra page added to the accounts. A director must sign the accounts as correct NOT the accountant. There is no such statuary requirement

jafersadeq

Post by jafersadeq » Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:22 pm

zimba88 wrote:The compilation report is a generic extra page added to the accounts. A director must sign the accounts as correct NOT the accountant. There is no such statuary requirement
Dear Zimba88,
Many thanks for your answer,
Please focus on my question !
I want to explain it more to understand it:
2015, 2016 accounts has been prepared by my accountant, for each year ,one reported electronically to HMRC and one on paper to Companies House. My accountant's name was on both, I signed those accounts.
He passed away, and I do not have a signed compilation report for 2015, 2016. If I print out the submitted accounts, I can sign it, it contains the first accountant's name, now I need a signed compilation report with my accounts, if I ask another accountant, he will ask me to prepare the accounts from the beginning to sign a compilation report.
Now I have get a compilation report.. How to do that? this is my question.
Can I ask another accountant to re-produce those accounts to sign the compilation report, if he produces it his name will appear and he can sign it, and I have to sign it. What about the date of producing those accounts. It will be same data.
Please advise
Thanks again

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:06 pm

jafersadeq wrote: Dear Zimba88,
Please focus on my question !
I want to explain it more to understand it:
2015, 2016 accounts has been prepared by my accountant, for each year ,one reported electronically to HMRC and one on paper to Companies House. My accountant's name was on both, I signed those accounts.
He passed away, and I do not have a signed compilation report for 2015, 2016. If I print out the submitted accounts, I can sign it, it contains the first accountant's name, now I need a signed compilation report with my accounts, if I ask another accountant, he will ask me to prepare the accounts from the beginning to sign a compilation report.
Now I have get a compilation report.. How to do that? this is my question.
Can I ask another accountant to re-produce those accounts to sign the compilation report, if he produces it his name will appear and he can sign it, and I have to sign it. What about the date of producing those accounts. It will be same data.
Please advise
Thanks again
For my own extension application, I only provided the last year accounts (the previous two years I did not use an accountant but filed the accounts myself).
Unless something has changed, I have not seen any need to supply accounts for all the three years.
The requirement is that the submitted accounts should
- clearly show the investment (so the latest account will do that)
- has to be prepared and signed off by an accountant (does not mean physical signature)
- has to have a compilation letter included by the accountant that confirms he is a qualified accountant and has prepared the accounts.

So you only need the accounts and the compilation report for the latest year to meet those needs. And I guess you are getting your new accountant to do that.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

jafersadeq

Post by jafersadeq » Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:27 pm

Dear Zimba88 & marcnath,

You know that the electronic annual accounts copy contains limited rows-space to write notes,
Can we prepare another copy (without re-submission) and we add more notes and submit it with application, both accounts have same figures, but the second one has more details,

IS that possible?

OR it should be a printout of what is on Companies House website.

Please advise,

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:42 pm

jafersadeq wrote:Dear Zimba88 & marcnath,

OR it should be a printout of what is on Companies House website.

Please advise,
As far as I am aware, there is no requirement that they have to be true copies.

The requirement is for a certified Accountant prepared set of accounts - nothing to do with HMRC or companies house. I assume they can cross check if they want to, but it is not like Tier 1 General or Tier 2 where the salary is almost always verified against HMRC.

In my own case, my renewal was in February and the year had ended in Dec, so I had not even submitted the accounts to HMRC or Companies house at the time of my renewal.

jafersadeq

Post by jafersadeq » Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:58 pm

Dear marcnath,
Have you submitted same accounts (last year only) which you did not submit to HMRC?

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:00 pm

Correct, I only submitted one year's account and that only got submitted to HMRC/Companies house much later

jafersadeq

Post by jafersadeq » Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:37 am

Dear Zimba88 & marcnath,
I found an accountant who prepared two years annual accounts separately with accountant's report, these accounts have same figures which were in my old accounts (submitted to CH & HMRC), but he added more notes in the accounts, now I have ready unaudited accounts but from another accountant (He is a member of ACCA and he has a practicing certificate). Is it ok to submit it with extension application?
Please advise,
Thanks

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:05 am

jafersadeq wrote:Dear Zimba88 & marcnath,
I found an accountant who prepared two years annual accounts separately with accountant's report, these accounts have same figures which were in my old accounts (submitted to CH & HMRC), but he added more notes in the accounts, now I have ready unaudited accounts but from another accountant (He is a member of ACCA and he has a practicing certificate). Is it ok to submit it with extension application?
Please advise,
Thanks
yes, I don't see why not