ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Questionnaire Recieved

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Santosh919
Newly Registered

Questionnaire Recieved

Post by Santosh919 » Wed May 03, 2017 1:33 pm

Hi All,

I have received a questionnaire today asking questions about my self employment tax filing history. How long will they normally take after the questionnaire been sent ? Any rough Idea?

And any one waiting for more than 2 months after sending the questionnaire ?

Thanks
Sam

revanth667

Re: Questionnaire Recieved

Post by revanth667 » Wed May 03, 2017 7:05 pm

Hi Santosh,

I have received questionnaire in Early March 17. Sent all documents requested and questionnaire in 2 weeks. It's been 6 weeks now and no reply from them.
R

Santosh919
Newly Registered

Post by Santosh919 » Thu May 04, 2017 10:55 am

Hi Revanth,

Thank you for your reply, did you receive same 15 questions ?? DO you have any amendments or late filing ??
Any penalities from companies house ??

Thanks
Sam

revanth667

Post by revanth667 » Thu May 04, 2017 8:18 pm

Hi,

I had amendment for 2012-2013 tax year for £803. I have sent my amended manual calculation SA302 sent by HMRC with my application form. My amendment was not related to my earnings showed to UKBA but it was a missed amount for 1 month in that tax year. I will leave to UKVI to make their own decision and interpret what ever way they want to.

I ran out of patience and got no more energy to think about it.
R

ilike42
Newly Registered

Post by ilike42 » Fri May 05, 2017 12:14 am

Santosh919 wrote:Hi Revanth,
Thank you for your reply, did you receive same 15 questions ??
Dear Sam,

Could you please list here the 15 questions?

I know there is old thread with 10 questions that will be similar:
indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-question ... 03628.html

But it would helpful to see the 15 Qs

Thanking you

Santosh919
Newly Registered

Post by Santosh919 » Fri May 05, 2017 9:38 am

HI Revanth,

Yeah i am feeling the same, done genuine business past in those days and couldn't cope with it. Loosing patience now and have stopped thinking about it.

Lets see how it goes after sending the Questionnaire.

Thanks
Sam

Santosh919
Newly Registered

Post by Santosh919 » Fri May 05, 2017 9:45 am

ilike42 wrote:
Thank you for your reply, did you receive same 15 questions ??
Dear Sam,

Could you please list here the 15 questions?

I know there is old thread with 10 questions that will be similar:
indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-question ... 03628.html

But it would helpful to see the 15 Qs

Thanking you

Hi Ilike42,

here are the questions i received, please can you post tours too.. so we have better visibility

1 What is/was the nature of the business in the UK
2 Please confirm the financial years in which you were registered as self employed, or as the director
of a limited company, in the UK?
3 For the financial year(s) stated in your answer to question 2 in which . you have been registered as
Self-Employed in the UK please confirm whether a Self-Assessment tax return was submitted to HMRC by you or on your behalf. If on your behalf please provide contact details of the individual or organisation
4 For the financial year(s) stated in your answer to question 2 in which you have been registered as the director of a limited company in the UK (if applicable), please confirm whether a Company tax return was submitted to HMRC by you or on your behalf. If on your behalf please provide contact details of the individual or organisation
5 "For the financial year(s) stated in your answer to question 2 in which you have been registered as Self-Employed, or as the director of a limited company, in the UK, please confirm your turnover, net profit,
gross profit and expenses?
Please advise of the business name (s) for the financial years stated in your answer to question 2."
6 For the financial year(s) stated in your answer to question 2 in which you have been registered as Self-Employed or as the director of a limited company in the UK, how much did you receive in salary and dividends?
7 If there was a variation between income in the financial years stated in your answer to question 2, please can you explain the reasons for this?
8 Please describe the nature of the business you engaged in to generate income in the financial year(s) stated in your answer to question 2. You should explain what goods and/or services it supplies, and how.
9 a) What work did you complete to meet your obligations to your clients/customers?
b) How did you publicise you business to attractclients/customers?
c) What market research / business planning did you do before setting up your business?
d) How have your clients/customers paid for the services your businesses have provided?
e) If your business- has not been continuously trading since it was set up, please explain the reasons
for any gaps in trading, along with dates/duration.
10 a) How did you submit your tax returns) in the financial year(s) stated in your answer to question 2?
b) Did you receive help in submitting your tax return(s)? (If yes, please give contact details)
11 Please confirm the type of documents that were used in order for yourself or your accountant to
prepare your Self Assessment tax retum(s) in the financial year(s) stated in your answer to question 2.
12 Did you review, check and sign each tax return in the financial year(s) stated in your answer to
question 2 before it / they were submitted to HMRC?
If not please list those you did not check and sign and provide reasons why you did not do so."
13 "Are you satisfied that the tax
return(s) submitted to HMRC in the financial year(s) stated in your answer to question 2 accurately reflected your income from self employment, or that of your limited company?"
14 "Have you ever needed to correct or resubmit your tax returns for the financial year(s) stated in your answer to question 2?
If yes,

a) Please provide details and the reason why the tax return was incorrectly submitted?
b) When and how did you discover that you had made an error in your tax return?
c) What was the cause of the error?
d) What action did you take on discovering the error?
e) Please provide evidence of any amendments made and copies of
your business accounts for the financial year(s) stated in your answer to question 2, accompanied by any documentation that was provided
to HMRC in order to support any amendments."
15 "Did you receive any penalties for late submission of your tax return(s)?
If yes, please provide details of the tax year and the amount, and evidence of this.
"

revanth667

Post by revanth667 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:21 am

Dear All,

I have received my ILR approval letter yesterday' after close to 13 months wait. Hopefully they will approve all other applications soon.

Any questions I'm free to answer.

Thanks.
R

Chief786

Post by Chief786 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:21 am

revanth667 wrote:Dear All,

I have received my ILR approval letter yesterday' after close to 13 months wait. Hopefully they will approve all other applications soon.

Thanks.

Hi Revanth667,

First of all congratulations. Secondly, can you please give us a little overview of your application like how did you show your earnings ? PAYE or self employed ? And please give us a break down if possible. For example I showed around over £30,000 PAYE and 12,000 self employed. But I applied for SET LR 10 years route. Please let us know. Thanks

revanth667

Post by revanth667 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:50 pm

Chief786 wrote:

Thanks.

Hi Revanth667,

First of all congratulations. Secondly, can you please give us a little overview of your application like how did you show your earnings ? PAYE or self employed ? And please give us a break down if possible. For example I showed around over £30,000 PAYE and 12,000 self employed. But I applied for SET LR 10 years route. Please let us know. Thanks
Hi Chief,

Showed self employment + paye for all 5 yrs from 2011-2016. No self employment gaps.
Had amendment for 2012 tax year for £834 for which I paid £180 tax before application. Included amended SA302 with my application (manual calculation). Got standard letter 6 months post application that they are waiting for reply from another govt agency. Questionnaire received march 2017, sent filled questionnaire with additional documents on 14/3/17 and finally received approval letter yesterday.
R

vut88

Post by vut88 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:54 pm

Congratulation mate@ revanth667

Apollo12
Newly Registered

Post by Apollo12 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:42 pm

revanth667 wrote:
Chief786 wrote:

Thanks.

Hi Revanth667,

Hi Chief,

Showed self employment + paye for all 5 yrs from 2011-2016. No self employment gaps.
Had amendment for 2012 tax year for £834 for which I paid £180 tax before application. Included amended SA302 with my application (manual calculation). Got standard letter 6 months post application that they are waiting for reply from another govt agency. Questionnaire received march 2017, sent filled questionnaire with additional documents on 14/3/17 and finally received approval letter yesterday.
Congrats mate. I sent my questionnaire back in arpril and I'm still waiting. Did u send any additional docs regarding business apart from accounts, ct600 and sa302's? What reason did u give from variation in business income during the years?

revanth667

Post by revanth667 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:29 pm

Hi Apollo12,

I have sent my SA302s (requested copies from HMRC from 2011-2016) and printed my tax submissions/tax return documents from my self assessment web page. For 2011-2012 tax year (also my extension year), I have sent accountant letter photocopy. This is the same letter used for for my Tier-1 extension in 2012. For the amended period, I have enclosed old SA302 and new manual calculation copy with letter from HMRC why it doesn't show correct amount on my old SA302.

In short I have sent all the documents I could get from HMRC, self assessment web account and documents related to tax from previous applications. Filled questionnaire in detail and used additional information to explain in detail that my amendment has nothing to do with previous UKBA applications and even without this amendment my earnings would be above the threshold .
R

Santosh919
Newly Registered

Post by Santosh919 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:22 am

Hi Revanth,

did you had any variation in the years since you started your company and whats the reason declared in yopur questionnaire?

revanth667

Post by revanth667 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:21 pm

did you had any variation in the years since you started your company and whats the reason declared in yopur questionnaire?
Hi Santosh919,

I had minor variation of £200 in 2011 which I did not explain about. Since I had amendment for 2012, I had to explain that this is not related to the earnings showed to them during extension. Irrespective of the minor amendment I had, my earnings were above the threshold required.
R

Prolay
Newly Registered

Re: Questionnaire 14(e)

Post by Prolay » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:17 pm

Hi revanth667,
Congrats and thanks for sharing your knowledge .I made amended for 1 year (2012 /13). For Question
14-e) Please provide evidence of any amendments made and copies of
your business accounts for the financial year(s) stated in your answer to question 2, accompanied by any documentation that was provided to HMRC in order to support any amendments."

Do I need to send all 5 years business accounts along with amendment evidence or just 2012/13 business account?
What did you sent for 14(e) ? Many thanks again. Any advice is highly appreciable.
Regards
Prolay

I

Santosh919
Newly Registered

Post by Santosh919 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:58 am

Hi Revanth,

So there is no variation in the years since 2011-2016, every year you had income on the company ?

Thanks
Santosh

revanth667 wrote:

Hi Santosh919,

I had minor variation of £200 in 2011 which I did not explain about. Since I had amendment for 2012, I had to explain that this is not related to the earnings showed to them during extension. Irrespective of the minor amendment I had, my earnings were above the threshold required.

revanth667

Re: Questionnaire 14(e)

Post by revanth667 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:37 pm

Prolly wrote:Hi revanth667,
Congrats and thanks for sharing your knowledge .I made amended for 1 year (2012 /13). For Question
14-e) Please provide evidence of any amendments made and copies of
your business accounts for the financial year(s) stated in your answer to question 2, accompanied by any documentation that was provided to HMRC in order to support any amendments."

Do I need to send all 5 years business accounts along with amendment evidence or just 2012/13 business account?
What did you sent for 14(e) ? Many thanks again. Any advice is highly appreciable.
Regards
Prolay

I
Hi Prolay,

I have sent all SA302's for all 5 years. Business accounts were only sent for the initial and extension years. I had minor variation for extension year and I used the business account statement given by accountant in 2013 as supporting document. My amendment had nothing to do with earnings provided for extension in 2013. It was easy to explain and provided accountant statement from 2013 to prove the same.
R