ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

DUP immigration views

This is the area of this board to discuss the referendum taking place in the UK on 23rd June 2016. Also to discuss the ramifications of the EU-UK deal.

Differing views will be respected. Rudeness to other members will not be welcome.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Ali272
Member of Standing

DUP immigration views

Post by Ali272 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:47 am

Hi,

I think it is now obvious DUP will have significant power in the next parliament. I can't find that much on their immigration views from their manifesto. Are they to the right of Theresa May on immigration or are they more on the centre? All I can find is they don't want hard brexit.

Thanks.

Obie
Ireland

Re: DUP immigration views

Post by Obie » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:39 am

DUP are with their own problem of their own. They are unable to form a devolved government of their own. The have anti-climate and homophobic policies.

Many of the policy they will be voting for are devolved in Northern Ireland.

Yes they want an open border and are moderate on the issue of single market, but their presence will cause instability to the UK. Republic will not have a situation where the Unionist and the Conservative impose unfavourable conditions against them.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Ali272
Member of Standing

Post by Ali272 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:22 pm

Yeah I agree. I have heard they hate LGBTQ community and BBC. Do you think the next government will soften their stand on immigration? or will they continue to impose tougher and tougher rules on non-eu people?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:16 pm

There will be uproar! It's well known here in Ireland the protagonists on both sides only decommed a small percentage of their materiel and it's also common knowledge arms are coming into Dublin Port, I am ITK on this.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

mkhan2525

Post by mkhan2525 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:08 pm

It appears the DUP and Theresa May share the same extreme views on controlling immigration so don't expect things to get easier for migrants.

https://www.freemovement.org.uk/%ef%bb% ... migration/

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:02 pm

Theresa may is on borrowed time, the last thing on her priority now is Immigrant.

The DUP are funny, they are more pragmatic on certain issues than the Tories, and this may be the case because Northern Ireland is not as Hostile on Immigration as in England.

The DUP are indeed extremist, the whole history of the DUP is built on Extremism, bigoted tendency, discrimination ,misogyny and Homophobia. However when it comes to unskilled and skilled migration,they do take a pragmatic view, in that they do support it to meet the economic needs of Northern Ireland.

The want an open border with Northern Ireland, they support smooth trade. Their policy tend to align more towards continued membership of the custom union. Their position on the single market is a bit unclear.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:14 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.