ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extension interview/docs requested

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

gt23

Extension interview/docs requested

Post by gt23 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:14 pm

Hi friends

I had interview for extension. They asked me to provide some more documents like all bank statements.

One of the question they asked me was to provide breakdown of advertising showing on my accounts for last year. The amount was around £4000. They gave me time to let them know soon. breakdown. I am consfused if they meant breakdown of amount where i spent money or just breakdown of advertising itself. I paid for print marketing material from personal accounts as cash payments for leaflets flyer etc. But i did transfer the money from business account to personal account and i did label it as Marketing expense. Please help. How should i answer this question? What is exactly meant by Breakdown of expenses?

Thanks

marcnath

Re: Extension interview/docs requested

Post by marcnath » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:19 pm

Breakdown of expenses is exactly that.

In your accounts, the 4000 GBP is just one line.

So you should break it down further and in as much detail as you can.
e.g. Leaflets - 500 GBP in Jan, 800 GBP in March, etc....
Newspaper advertisement - 800 GBP in June, etc.
Attach all the receipts for the same
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

gt23

Post by gt23 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:29 pm

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

I have lost some reciepts for these advertising as indont have all the reciepts to tally the full £4k amount. Please let me know what can i do now as it was an oversight on my part.

Thanks

tarun_shreeji

Post by tarun_shreeji » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:36 pm

Can you please update you application timeline ?
You receive any complex issue letter?

Please reply

Thanks
Nqf level 4 business

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:38 pm

gt23 wrote:Hi

Thanks for the reply.

I have lost some reciepts for these advertising as indont have all the reciepts to tally the full £4k amount. Please let me know what can i do now as it was an oversight on my part.

Thanks
You are supposed to keep all receipts for HMRC purposes for quite some time - so it may not be an excuse you can depend on. Also, your accountant should have asked you for it, in which case they would have a copy.
But since HO has not specifically asked for the receipts, just list all your expense is as much detail as you can
- supplier, service paid for, date, amount, etc.
If HO is satisfied with it, they may not ask for the receipts
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

waqas40581

Post by waqas40581 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:39 am

Can you please clarify which back statements they have asked you to provide personnel or business ? and for all three years they asked you to provide or for certain period?
Can you please tell your timeline as well
Thanks

awan905
Member of Standing

Post by awan905 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:30 pm

You need to give full detail of advertising expenses, such as out of £4000 you spent £1000 on leaflet, £500 on google, £300 on facebook, etc, like this, further take the receipts which you got in record and if they ask you can present some which you got in the record, however also take the bank statements which shows that you directly paid from business account for marketing.

uzzal13

Post by uzzal13 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:04 pm

Mate did you receive any letter stating that your case will take longer than 8 weeks due to exceptionally complex nature.