ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

uk spouse visa on hold :(

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

pixelrage09
India

Re: uk spouse visa on hold :(

Post by pixelrage09 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:52 pm

@untraceable

How did you find out that a decision was made on your application? That trial link? Or through UKVI contact center?

SimonS

Post by SimonS » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:06 pm

Ladies, guys,

chill. We're all stressed. It sucks. I did some research this morning and formed a conclusion. You can shoot it down all you like but go away and google certain terms and you may arrive at a similar output.

1) Torie goverment cut Sheffield workforce by 10%
2) Brexit June 2016
3) Last two quarters 2016 Permanaent Resident Card (PRC) Applications form EEA Citizens increased 36%
4) EU citizen (PRC) rejection rate increased to 25%!! Because they told them they did not need to apply-Overloaded
5) February 2017, Brexit formalised
6) Insane leader of Liberal Democratic Party Actively encouraged 500,000!!!! EU Citizens in UK to Apply for PRC
7) Anticipated 3 MILLION POTENTIAL Applications for Permanent Residence Card from EU citizens in UK
8) 50 year back log if true
9) This is the important one, Under EU Law, EU application for citizenship = PRC must be decided in 6 months or compensation claims are allowed.
10) No such law for non EEA applications

Just a theory, but do the google and see what you believe about the BS we are fed.

Kind regards
Simon
I'm not an expert and only answer from my personal experience and understanding of the rules. Spouse Settlement Visa Granted for my wife July 2017. You should not take my advice as absolute.

pixelrage09
India

Post by pixelrage09 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:43 pm

@SimonS

It makes sense because all the people that applied through their local BHC from countries where your documents don't get sent to Sheffield got their decision within the 3 month time frame.

What I don't get is why they can't just let the local BHC deal with cases instead of increasing the workload at Sheffield.

SimonS

Post by SimonS » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:06 pm

@ Pixelrage,

because the only way they (Tories) see they can cut net migration is by delaying/refusing non EEA application. So bring it all to Sheffield, understaffed and overworked.

If you had a mandate to cut net migration but suddenly received 500,000 - 1,000,000 applications in a single quarter what would you do? Especially before a General Election?

I genuinely feel sorry for those guys in Sheffield and absolutely believe they are are doing there best within the rules.
I'm not an expert and only answer from my personal experience and understanding of the rules. Spouse Settlement Visa Granted for my wife July 2017. You should not take my advice as absolute.

Samundri kings
Newly Registered

Post by Samundri kings » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:15 pm

Hi guys.
Update on my case........
I gave my interview at the vfs office London today...
Hoping to get reply sooon nanny.
Finger crossed

PCP
- thin ice -

Post by PCP » Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:10 am

qwerty85 wrote:
Untraceable wrote:Sorry meant 4th June
Nothing at all mate.

4th june - Youve got till next week friday to hear something. My 10 working days ended today and still nothing.

i called the contact number which actually took a pre-approved payment of £20 by card. 20 bloody quid!

anyway all the lady did was take my ref number and spouted the same as the update trial site says. They literally use the same system to say "its been decided on the *** of ***, you should receive your decision within 10 working days bla bla bla"

waste of 20 quid and I still havent heard anything. There is no contact details for the TLS here. They have my email but nowt come from them since i signed up and did biometrics. i feel to just turn up and cause a scene but ill wait, if i dont hear from them by monday, i'll will have to go there and demand some answers because clearly ukvi have shifted responsibilty.

I try to contact BHC Delhi center yesterday , I come to know that due to large amount of Applications there will delay in sending passport back.
Today I'm going to call my VFS center for update.
As soon as I will get any update I will inform you guys.

Fat30
Newly Registered

Post by Fat30 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:30 am

Hi Samundri kings,
How they contacted you to come for interview? By email or by phone? Do you mind sharing information please? Thanks

rai75
United Kingdom

Post by rai75 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:42 pm

levisworkedupon wrote:
rai75 wrote:my application says it is in a DECIDED status, but i never have had an email or phone or text.

when you submit your application - are you meant to receive an email to say that the documents have been received.

when do you get your documents back?
RAI please share your timeline?
Was your case also put om hold due to supreme court ruling and not straight forward?

Applied from UK (for wife to come to uk via spouse visa) 12 weeks ago today - have had no emails or calls or text messages. Just been waiting and that is what my solicitor has told me many times I have asked. Far as I know my application has never been held, but my solicitor did say that ALL applications were stopped for a short period and now his clients are getting visa's. As I had my GWF number I entered that in and my application says DECIDED on 5th June - now just praying it comes through next week.

Misskatie
United Kingdom

Post by Misskatie » Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:55 pm

I just tried to call the embassy on the outside of the UK number for an update...they are now charging a flat rate of £20 per call. TWENTY POUNDS! That is outrageous! Those responsible for this mess up have a lot to answer for!

Anyone outside of the UK had a decision recently?

Raj86
India

Post by Raj86 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:50 pm

Yap now they wanna earn money lol
Anyway I just feel so hopeless idk what to do ....
Applied in Jan 17 21 weeks gone pass no news nothing

I agree they could be really
Busy but could have boardcast a email updating everyone
:/ really don't knw what to do

Mohsin1987ali
Newly Registered

Post by Mohsin1987ali » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:31 pm

I have appied on 1st of december 2016 made all enquiries sent an email to their complain center asweĺl but no postive reply yet just sent an email to MP so lets see. But the next steo is im will take this matter to the papers we cant suffer like that we need to expose thier unproffesionalism.

avivbr

Post by avivbr » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:53 pm

Mohsin1987ali wrote:I have appied on 1st of december 2016 made all enquiries sent an email to their complain center asweĺl but no postive reply yet just sent an email to MP so lets see. But the next steo is im will take this matter to the papers we cant suffer like that we need to expose thier unproffesionalism.
What does their enquiry service says when you say it is over 24 weeks? Which is legally the maximum they can hold your application and passport.

Mohsin1987ali
Newly Registered

Post by Mohsin1987ali » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:11 pm

avivbr wrote:
Mohsin1987ali wrote:I have appied on 1st of december 2016 made all enquiries sent an email to their complain center asweĺl but no postive reply yet just sent an email to MP so lets see. But the next steo is im will take this matter to the papers we cant suffer like that we need to expose thier unproffesionalism.
What does their enquiry service says when you say it is over 24 weeks? Which is legally the maximum they can hold your application and passport.
They dont have any record.of this application lol are they jocking with me....

Misskatie
United Kingdom

Post by Misskatie » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:51 pm

Mohsin1987ali wrote:
avivbr wrote:
They dont have any record.of this application lol are they jocking with me....
That's awful! Surely you can claim that it's infringing on your human rights? Do you have a solicitor so you can seek legal advice?

levisworkedupon
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by levisworkedupon » Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:56 pm

Mohsin1987ali wrote:Spouse visa application of my wife
Application submitted: 01.12.16
Biometric: 05.12.16
Application on hold email recieved: 09.03.17
In between online enquiries made
Always standard reply of 24 weeks received
27 may online enquiry made again
Reply reveived that they cant find my application
Made a phone call today to their new service which
I have to pay £20
He said there is no application on their system with
The ref i provided. So he took some details
And said they might get in touch with me.
More then 24 weeks now dont know what to do
Really Angry
Mr Mohsin its been more then 6 months in your case , did you get any update ?
Did you also receive due to Supreme Court Ruling Case put on Hold Email ?

levisworkedupon
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by levisworkedupon » Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:58 pm

randyjan wrote:Hi I'm new to this website I'm finding it really hard dealing with getting my wife over to the UK as I have no family help
Anyways my situation is me and my wife got married March last year applied for her visa in December this year and she submitted the documents on the 16th December.. Today my wife received this email today

Following a Supreme Court judgment on Wednesday 22 February 2017, the Home Office has paused decision-making on some settlement applications – in particular, those failing to meet the minimum income threshold for British Citizens and other settled persons sponsoring visa applications, or where children are involved.

The reason for this pause is to enable the Home Office to consider the implications of the judgement. All other applications will continue to be processed and decided as normal.

As a result UKVI is currently unable to process your application and your documents are being returned whilst this pause is in place. If you submitted a passport with your application, this will be returned to you under separate cover through the Visa Application Centre where you applied.

As soon as we are able to conclude the application we will contact you on the email address you provided within your application.

Yours sincerely
UK Visas and Immigration

Has anybody ever come across this does this mean the visa was rejected
Hi Randyjan , Can you share your Timeline please ?

randyjan
Newly Registered

Post by randyjan » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:33 pm

applloed on the 16th December
Got a email on 1st march stating application is on hold

Randyjan , Can you share your Timeline please ?[/quote]

levisworkedupon
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by levisworkedupon » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:37 pm

randyjan wrote:applloed on the 16th December
Got a email on 1st march stating application is on hold

Randyjan , Can you share your Timeline please ?
[/quote]

So 16th Dec is the biometric date ? What country ?

randyjan
Newly Registered

Post by randyjan » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:40 pm

I'm trying to track my visa application via https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... visastatus
But all it's saying is Reference number not recognised anyone know the reason why

Mohsin1987ali
Newly Registered

Post by Mohsin1987ali » Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:20 pm

levisworkedupon wrote:
Mohsin1987ali wrote:Spouse visa application of my wife
Application submitted: 01.12.16
Biometric: 05.12.16
Application on hold email recieved: 09.03.17
In between online enquiries made
Always standard reply of 24 weeks received
27 may online enquiry made again
Reply reveived that they cant find my application
Made a phone call today to their new service which
I have to pay £20
He said there is no application on their system with
The ref i provided. So he took some details
And said they might get in touch with me.
More then 24 weeks now dont know what to do
Really Angry
Mr Mohsin its been more then 6 months in your case , did you get any update ?
Did you also receive due to Supreme Court Ruling Case put on Hold Email ?
Yes i did receive that email on 9th of march

pixelrage09
India

Post by pixelrage09 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:22 pm

Mohsin1987ali wrote: Yes i did receive that email on 9th of march
Did you try contacting your MP and asking them to look into your matter?

Untraceable
Newly Registered

Post by Untraceable » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:30 pm

qwerty85 wrote:
Untraceable wrote:Sorry meant 4th June
Nothing at all mate.

4th june - Youve got till next week friday to hear something. My 10 working days ended today and still nothing.

i called the contact number which actually took a pre-approved payment of £20 by card. 20 bloody quid!

anyway all the lady did was take my ref number and spouted the same as the update trial site says. They literally use the same system to say "its been decided on the *** of ***, you should receive your decision within 10 working days bla bla bla"

waste of 20 quid and I still havent heard anything. There is no contact details for the TLS here. They have my email but nowt come from them since i signed up and did biometrics. i feel to just turn up and cause a scene but ill wait, if i dont hear from them by monday, i'll will have to go there and demand some answers because clearly ukvi have shifted responsibilty.
Mate that so sad, I got my decision email on Friday, but I called UKVI on the Thursday who confirmed it was decided. yep £20 bloody quid.....same.... You should get it back and just get charged for the amount of time on the phone. There have been cases on here where people didn't receive any email and just a message from VFS to collect the passport or saying they were sending it in the post. Maybe thats your case. It does take them a few days after the decision for the administrative side of things to complete the application.... Fingers crossed for you mate Give em till end of play Monday or ultimately just wait for the passport to come back!

pixelrage09
India

Post by pixelrage09 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:05 pm

@Untraceable,

Could you post a timeline here for us so it can help the rest of us still waiting?

Untraceable
Newly Registered

Post by Untraceable » Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:17 pm

pixelrage09 wrote:@Untraceable,

Could you post a timeline here for us so it can help the rest of us still waiting?
28th Feb application submitted
7th March Biometrics and documents submitted
15th May document request from ECO
(Docs not received)
31st May Further document request as first time didn't go through.
8th June Decision made email from decision making center

levisworkedupon
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by levisworkedupon » Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:19 pm

Untraceable wrote:
pixelrage09 wrote:@Untraceable,

28th Feb application submitted
7th March Biometrics and documents submitted
15th May document request from ECO
(Docs not received)
31st May Further document request as first time didn't go through.
8th June Decision made email from decision making center
so you didnt receive supreme court application on hold email or case not straight forward ?