ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I am about to Apply for extension.

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Evicra
Member of Standing
Pakistan

I am about to Apply for extension.

Post by Evicra » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:09 am

Dear Members . i am about to apply for extension (i got t1 in march 2014)Pre april 14 so i woul ask queiet a few question in this thread about my application . i hope thats ok with Big ups there.

Q1. my accountant says opt for employee pension contribution . is it necessary for me to do so as Extension point of view or its ok not to do it.

Q2. my brother started working as my company employee full time from july 1st 2015 (at the time he had ILR) then after 1 year he got passport he is still working with my company. that makes it 24 months. ( will they count hours weekly , monthly or yearly please. all bank payments are same as payslips in only one i paid him abut 80pounds extra

emplyee 2 worked for my company for 7 months full time from jan 2016 for july 2016 (European national)

employee 3 worked for from aug 2016 to nov 2016 4 months full time.(European national)

employee 4 worked for 4 months dec 2016 to march 2017 4 months full time.(European national)

employee 5 still working from marh 2017 till now 3 months.(European national)

what is the best option for me to claim points for 24 months my brother ?

i will have more question wich i will ask under same thread.

best regards
a

Evicra
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Re: I am about to Apply for extension.

Post by Evicra » Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:27 pm

Q3.
i registered my company in march 2011 and is active. i got visa in march 2014. would this company be ok to claim points for registration within 6 months of T1 visa please?

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:15 pm

Evicra wrote:Dear Members . i am about to apply for extension (i got t1 in march 2014)Pre april 14 so i woul ask queiet a few question in this thread about my application . i hope thats ok with Big ups there.

Q1. my accountant says opt for employee pension contribution . is it necessary for me to do so as Extension point of view or its ok not to do it.
You are expected to meet all regulatory requirements regarding employment. So if your employee has the right to pension, then yes, you should. This has nothing to do with the job creation points, but the general conditions where you are supposed to keep everything legal.
Evicra wrote:Q2. my brother started working as my company employee full time from july 1st 2015 (at the time he had ILR) then after 1 year he got passport he is still working with my company. that makes it 24 months. ( will they count hours weekly , monthly or yearly please. all bank payments are same as payslips in only one i paid him abut 80pounds extra
Not sure what you are asking. As long as he has worked for 24 months and he has worked 30 hrs or more each week. It should qualify.

I don't understand the 80 pounds extra - as long as it was a legal payment (properly reported to HMRC if needed) then there should be no issues.
Evicra wrote:emplyee 2 worked for my company for 7 months full time from jan 2016 for july 2016 (European national)

employee 3 worked for from aug 2016 to nov 2016 4 months full time.(European national)

employee 4 worked for 4 months dec 2016 to march 2017 4 months full time.(European national)

employee 5 still working from marh 2017 till now 3 months.(European national)

what is the best option for me to claim points for 24 months my brother ?

i will have more question wich i will ask under same thread.

best regards
There is no "best" option - you just need to meet the condition. So submit enough information to show the 24 months or 104 weeks.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:20 pm

Evicra wrote:Q3.
i registered my company in march 2011 and is active. i got visa in march 2014. would this company be ok to claim points for registration within 6 months of T1 visa please?
Yes
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

inaam.cs

Post by inaam.cs » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:58 pm

Can I ask if you got visa in March 14 then is it not expired in March 17?

Evicra
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by Evicra » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:24 am

marcnath wrote:
Evicra wrote:Q3.
Yes
Thank you..Marcnath

Evicra
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by Evicra » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:25 am

inaam.cs wrote:Can I ask if you got visa in March 14 then is it not expired in March 17?
i got visa out side UK. that was 3year4 months

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:27 am

inaam.cs wrote:Can I ask if you got visa in March 14 then is it not expired in March 17?
Your Visa should have a "Valid Until ..." That is the date you should look at.

Evicra
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by Evicra » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:34 am

Q4 please
i ordered my CAR from CH ,issue date is 08/06/2017
Secretary & director apintment date 09/3/2011 thats me

adress
is same which is my current address
and CAR says
"This Report Excludes resignations"

and it also gives details of the doucments filed since 09/03/2011 till
08/04/2017 at the end it says this report excludes 88(2) share allotment doucments

now my quest is
a)is everything in order as it looks in CAR
b)does this CAR satisfies requirement within 6 months of getting visa and last 3 months before applying for extension
or i have to order another one.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:30 am

Evicra wrote:Q4 please
i ordered my CAR from CH ,issue date is 08/06/2017
Secretary & director apintment date 09/3/2011 thats me

adress
is same which is my current address
and CAR says
"This Report Excludes resignations"

and it also gives details of the doucments filed since 09/03/2011 till
08/04/2017 at the end it says this report excludes 88(2) share allotment doucments

now my quest is
a)is everything in order as it looks in CAR
b)does this CAR satisfies requirement within 6 months of getting visa and last 3 months before applying for extension
or i have to order another one.
a) yes
b) yes

Evicra
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by Evicra » Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:38 am

thank you march marcnath

Evicra
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by Evicra » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:32 pm

Q5 please.
Start date of Company Employee is on all FPS Reports but on only 6 start date is missing. is that ok or do i have to get 6 FPS amended for Start date please.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:34 pm

Evicra wrote:Q5 please.
Start date of Company Employee is on all FPS Reports but on only 6 start date is missing. is that ok or do i have to get 6 FPS amended for Start date please.
As long as the start date is one ANY ONE of the FPS documents for each employee, it is ok.

Evicra
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by Evicra » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:45 pm

Marchnath The great thank you

Evicra
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by Evicra » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:01 pm

Q6 please
i dont know much about accounts please.i invested 175k in 2015 2016. my company accounts 2015,2016 show the negative cost of sales, this was mainly due to the stock valuation

again in 2016/2017 in invested around 200k . total around 389k
my question is does negative cost of sales should be a concern before applying for extension.

i have not filed accounts for 2016 2017 and management accounts
please if you suggest any best option that i should choose before filing accounts for 2016 2017 and managements accounts

best regards
A

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:45 pm

Evicra wrote:Q6 please
i dont know much about accounts please.i invested 175k in 2015 2016. my company accounts 2015,2016 show the negative cost of sales, this was mainly due to the stock valuation

again in 2016/2017 in invested around 200k . total around 389k
my question is does negative cost of sales should be a concern before applying for extension.

i have not filed accounts for 2016 2017 and management accounts
please if you suggest any best option that i should choose before filing accounts for 2016 2017 and managements accounts

best regards
A

Not sure what you mean by negative cost of sales.

But, in general, it does not matter if the company makes a profit or loss.

As long as the investment has not gone mostly into your salary or into buying other companies and/or goodwill, there should be no issues.

Evicra
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by Evicra » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:16 pm

Thank you
MArchnath
Negative cost of sales means i had loss and to cover that loss side my accountant showed stock.

I have another question please

I had employee A working for me in 2012 then he left and again A joined me in july 2015 till today

So is it a new job created or its the same Old job
I am confused

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:28 pm

Evicra wrote:Thank you
MArchnath
Negative cost of sales means i had loss and to cover that loss side my accountant showed stock.
That is not the proper use of the term, but never mind. It does not affect your application.
Evicra wrote:I have another question please

I had employee A working for me in 2012 then he left and again A joined me in july 2015 till today

So is it a new job created or its the same Old job
I am confused
First, you had your brother working for you for 24 months and I assume full-time. Which means that is the only evidence you need to provide. None of the other employees matter.

Second, job and employee are different. If Employee A was doing the same job when he/she came back, then in the form you can just use one row. If the job was different (Admin first, marketing when came back) then use separate rows.

But again, it appears you only need one row - for your brother for 24 months. In the cover letter, state that you are under transitional arrangement and so only providing one employee of 24 months.

Evicra
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by Evicra » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:44 pm

Got it pleasure to see your reply Marchnath

Evicra
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by Evicra » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:50 pm

hi There. Marchnath i am really thankfull to you for your prompt replies. my questions may not make some sense but i will ask to the best of my knowleget please
Q
do i have to have all three years compilation report or just last year.

Q
my accountant gave me one letter in which he mentioned investment as well as Job creation.
do i have to get two seprate letters or this one letter will do.

Q total investment is 371k ifrom march 2014 to june 2017 but my accountant mentioned only 349 taking away director salery and my house rent . shell i mention this in cover letter or i should ask my accountant to mention all this in accounts for 2016/17

Q. please if you could guide me what is must thing that should definatly be looked after in all 3 years accounts

Q. and any letters that i should definatly attach with my extension T1 application e.g persnal account letter or business account letter or any letter please.

Best Regars
A

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:13 pm

Evicra wrote:hi There. Marchnath i am really thankfull to you for your prompt replies. my questions may not make some sense but i will ask to the best of my knowleget please
Q
do i have to have all three years compilation report or just last year.
The requirement is for accounts that show your investment. So, generally the last year should be sufficient.
Evicra wrote:Q
my accountant gave me one letter in which he mentioned investment as well as Job creation.
do i have to get two separate letters or this one letter will do.
Is this a new business or one that you joined ? That is to say, were you a shareholder/director when the business was started (new business). If it is a new business, there is no need for an accountant's letter for job creation or investment.
Evicra wrote:Q total investment is 371k ifrom march 2014 to june 2017 but my accountant mentioned only 349 taking away director salery and my house rent . shell i mention this in cover letter or i should ask my accountant to mention all this in accounts for 2016/17
You are so much more than 200K that it does not matter. Your accounts should show the full 371K. There is no need for the accountant's letter, so you don't need to explain anything. UK VI will be able to see your salaries in the FPS that you submit as well as in your Income statement.
Evicra wrote:Q. please if you could guide me what is must thing that should definatly be looked after in all 3 years accounts
Your name against the investment - whether it is by shares or Director's loan. If your name is not there somewhere in the accounts, you face a high chance of rejection.
Evicra wrote:Q. and any letters that i should definatly attach with my extension T1 application e.g persnal account letter or business account letter or any letter please.

Best Regars
A
You seem to be having a credible business. Look at the Genuine Entrepreneur Test section. It is not very definite, but letters from customers/suppliers/partners who have had a long relationship with you will be useful BUT THEY ARE NOT A MUST.

Evicra
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by Evicra » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:30 am

Thank you Marchnath. first of all let me share some thing funny. i posted these question yesterday and i have been looking for your reply about 50 times since yesterday. but i just found out there is a 2nd page here also :lol:
now come back to your reply you mentioned that
"
Your name against the investment - whether it is by shares or Director's loan. If your name is not there somewhere in the accounts, you face a high chance of rejection."

i will upload my account without my personal details at later stage for your kind view.
all 47 transactions since march 2014 to June 2017 from my personal account to businesses account show my name as ----Surname FisrtName---
2. since July 2015 til today we buy products from Customers face to face, while buying we take customer's ID with their phone number address and account details . after that we pay them through business account transfer.
we also buy from Ebay and pay them through paypal. in paypal alone we have a investment record of around 200k

do you think its good idea to give copies of all these id's etc ? and for ebay paypal invoices?

3. i registered my company in 2011 and then moved the same company in july 2015 to the location where i am today. and created full time job for 24 months since july 2015 to june 2017 24mohts full time more than 30 hours a week. i am the only director since start till today.

Evicra
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by Evicra » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:27 pm

hi again I just asked my accountant to mention my investment exactly as 371k as DL, he said he cant do that . he will only mention money that is invested not my personal expenses.

is that something i should be worried about as i am not ready to take any risk pleae.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:51 pm

Evicra wrote:hi again I just asked my accountant to mention my investment exactly as 371k as DL, he said he cant do that . he will only mention money that is invested not my personal expenses.

is that something i should be worried about as i am not ready to take any risk pleae.
I am not an accounting professional, but that reply seems strange.
I agree that personal expenses should not be included, but if you have been paid salary by the company (including PAYE, NI, etc.) then it is not a personal expense but a business expense and I would expect to see it in the books.
Similarly for your house rent. If the house is leased by the company, then it is a company expense.
If he is saying he will not mention it in a separate letter, that I can understand.
Having said that, since you are well above 200K, this is not something you should worry about.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:58 pm

Evicra wrote: all 47 transactions since march 2014 to June 2017 from my personal account to businesses account show my name as ----Surname FisrtName---
That is excellent and needed.

But I was more referring to your Annual accounts which should have your name against the share capital and/or DL
Evicra wrote:
2. since July 2015 til today we buy products from Customers face to face, while buying we take customer's ID with their phone number address and account details . after that we pay them through business account transfer. we also buy from Ebay and pay them through paypal. in paypal alone we have a investment record of around 200k

do you think its good idea to give copies of all these id's etc ? and for ebay paypal invoices?
There is no need to give Ids and I personally think you should not. In fact, you may start violating privacy laws if you share those Ids.

You are going to be attaching at least some bank statements to show your investment. They will also show these transactions. You do not need anything more.
Evicra wrote:3. i registered my company in 2011 and then moved the same company in july 2015 to the location where i am today. and created full time job for 24 months since july 2015 to june 2017 24mohts full time more than 30 hours a week. i am the only director since start till today.