ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR on Hold and License Suspended

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

SRK007
Newly Registered

Re: ILR on Hold and License Suspended

Post by SRK007 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:04 pm

Hello,

We had a compliance visit from HO about 3weeks ago and the HO confirmed that they are pleased to keep the license for my employer.

Have you guys had any update on your compliance checks and what's your application status?

ravinder1980

Post by ravinder1980 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:21 am

Hello all,

well i am on the same boat as you all are. i applied PSC Sheffield on 24 may 2017 and put on hold for further checks. My employer did update the SMS not in 10-15 working days but did after in feb and salary was increased in Jan 2017. Do you guys think that HO will pay a visit?
Case worker did said that they need to contact my ex employer, current employer and do some government checks.

Thanx

SRK007
Newly Registered

Post by SRK007 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:59 pm

Hi Ravinder1980,

if your sponsor hasn't been audited recently then you can expect an audit with-in 6 weeks. It also depends on the number of employee's working and how big is the company. HO usually interested to know whether your sponsor has been following sponsorship duties as per the guidelines or not. if they find out anything not being followed then definitely HO doesn't ignore it.

Don't get stressed out, as can't do anything at the moment than waiting like many other forum fellow mates.

ravinder1980

Post by ravinder1980 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:26 pm

Hello

Just to let you know that my sponsor hasnt been audited yet, they got their sponsor licence last year in june and in the company there are 50 employees working in the company ans all british and i am the only one working under their sponso sponsor licence.
My sponsor was following all the duties as per the guidelines but when i got the salary hike, they did update the sms but like a month later as they were to this and they wasnt sure what to do and what not to..
I dont have anything other then to wait.
Can you please suggest.
Thank you

Richard007
Barbados

Post by Richard007 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:31 pm

mspr335 wrote:It's not to discourage you guys but the decisions on the compliance visit to the sponsor company can take a long time . In one of the cases it was nearly 6 to 7 months after the initial visit .
Hi,

I the case you are referring too, Did the initial visit happen no earlier than six months after the applicant submitted the application?

mspr335

Post by mspr335 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:26 pm

Hi Richard,

The case I know was not on the back of ILR application but it was one of UKVI's surprise visit . They did the visit and interviewed the staff and the company and sent a letter to the company after 4 months that due to some non compliance and they are temporarily suspending the company until further clarifications. Company provided clarifications and the suspension was lifted after 5 months . so over all it took nearly 9 months .

GMO
Mood:

Post by GMO » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:28 am

jatala005 wrote:dear experts.

I am very confused please help me. I applied my ILR after 5 years on tier 2 in person about 5 months ago unfortunately it was held due to some unknown reason. all required documents were submitted along with 5 P60s and 1 year wage slips. I was told it will take couple of days to make a decision but I haven't heard anything from UKVI yet.

few week back there was a compliance visit from UKVI 1 officer came to check all paperwork and found I had a salary jump in feb 2016 from £26000 to £36000 and it was not updated in sponsor notes. my employer explained to compliance officer that due to good performance and additional duties assigned to the employee we gave him wage raise. but compliance officer said it should have been reported via sms.

now my company's tier 2 license has been suspended and my application is held with the UKVI. although company hired a solicitor to give explanation to UKVI but I am so confused and feeling very helpless. I need advise, should I start looking new sponsor just in case they revoke the license? if UKVI revoke the license my ILR also will be refused? I have only 7 months left for my current tier 2 leave can I switch to other sponsor?

thanks
Hi J,

Can you please tell me that HO suspeneded the licence afet how many weeks of their visit to your company?

THANKS ans wish you all the very best dear.

dinny24
Newly Registered

Post by dinny24 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:00 pm

I am not sure if i am in same boat but please suggest me, In my case my company agreed for pay rise, so i will be having a pay rise from 26k to 35k nearly 35% increase just before 3 months of my ilr eligibility. will that be a problem?
if yes what should i do?
my role duties are same and no change in soc. As we got a new project i am assigned to it and so the pay rise.

my visa expires on feb 2019 but i am eligible from jan 2018 and pay rise agreed from november this year.Also it is a genuine increase like my company will update sms..they provide me letter and reason for increase. still is it risky? if yes what should i do now before i run out of my time?

tia

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:40 pm

dinny24 wrote:I am not sure if i am in same boat but please suggest me, In my case my company agreed for pay rise, so i will be having a pay rise from 26k to 35k nearly 35% increase just before 3 months of my ilr eligibility. will that be a problem?
if yes what should i do?
my role duties are same and no change in soc. As we got a new project i am assigned to it and so the pay rise.
WOW That is such a coincidence, no ?? You are applying for ILR and suddenly your employer thinks they must increase your salary to 35K (a huge spike) which happens to be exactly the ILR limit :roll:
Are you really suggesting that the caseworker will not suspect something fishy is going on with such an unbelievable coincidence right before your ILR ?? :?
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

jatala005
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by jatala005 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:23 pm

it took 4-5 weeks after compliance visit and its about 2 months my employer sent the representation to ukvi.

GMO
Mood:

Post by GMO » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:11 pm

jatala005 wrote:it took 4-5 weeks after compliance visit and its about 2 months my employer sent the representation to ukvi.
Thanks for your reply . I think they may take max 6 month to make a decision on ILR case..so no worries..all will be well.

GMO
Mood:

Post by GMO » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:24 pm

jatala005 wrote:dear experts.

I am very confused please help me. I applied my ILR after 5 years on tier 2 in person about 5 months ago unfortunately it was held due to some unknown reason. all required documents were submitted along with 5 P60s and 1 year wage slips. I was told it will take couple of days to make a decision but I haven't heard anything from UKVI yet.

few week back there was a compliance visit from UKVI 1 officer came to check all paperwork and found I had a salary jump in feb 2016 from £26000 to £36000 and it was not updated in sponsor notes. my employer explained to compliance officer that due to good performance and additional duties assigned to the employee we gave him wage raise. but compliance officer said it should have been reported via sms.

now my company's tier 2 license has been suspended and my application is held with the UKVI. although company hired a solicitor to give explanation to UKVI but I am so confused and feeling very helpless. I need advise, should I start looking new sponsor just in case they revoke the license? if UKVI revoke the license my ILR also will be refused? I have only 7 months left for my current tier 2 leave can I switch to other sponsor?

thanks

I have another questions please. Didnt they interview of your emplyees and check their details on the visit. Or they just look into only ur case?

Cause same thing happened with my friends Co, Thet hold the ILR and ask for further info by email. It was the same case as thety didnt updated the SMS with sponsor note! So, later co send the queries and after a month thet come and visit and check all the papers of T2 and other emplyees and interviews T@ emplyess and check their recent work. But did not give any decision yet!

so HO didnt ask any clarification to you by email and directly visit and ask only about urself?

jatala005
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by jatala005 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:39 pm

Hi GMO,

all other employees are local so I am only one who is on T2. compliance officer interviewed me for 3 hours approximately and he asked so many questions regarding my job/duties. my employer was also interviewed. I never received any letter or email from HO regarding my application. I have been been working over time and my earning was up to 33740 in my previous years according to my P60s.

I know someone, his pay was increased from 31500 to 42000 his ILR was approved on same day without any problem.

I would say don't worry everything will be alright at the end. :-)

thanks

ravinder1980

Post by ravinder1980 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:51 am

Hello,

just had quick question, well as you know i am on the same boat and my application is on hold for further checks and i am expecting a visit. Just want to know that if they visit, will they interview other staff as well?
i am the only one on Tier 2 and rest all are English, they might not be comfortable and might ask why they are questioning to us. Just want to know that will they only question me as i am only one on tier2 and my employer or they will question other employees as well who dosen have to do anything with it ?

please suggest

Thanx

GMO
Mood:

Post by GMO » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:38 am

Well, they Question t2 employees only and sometimes want to check the other employee's doc as well..like passports and nationality.

Londoner001
India

Post by Londoner001 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:47 am

ravinder1980 wrote:Hello,

just had quick question, well as you know i am on the same boat and my application is on hold for further checks and i am expecting a visit. Just want to know that if they visit, will they interview other staff as well?
i am the only one on Tier 2 and rest all are English, they might not be comfortable and might ask why they are questioning to us. Just want to know that will they only question me as i am only one on tier2 and my employer or they will question other employees as well who dosen have to do anything with it ?

please suggest

Thanx
They will generally focus on Tier 2 Applicants only. They will enquire the employer as well. They may check the pay scales for other employees just to have a pay comparison between you and other related employees having the same job descriptions.

ravinder1980

Post by ravinder1980 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:59 am

Thank you @GMO

that's what i was wondering that the other employees dosen has to do anything with this so they might think why we have been questioned.
It has been just 3 weeks when i went to Sheffield, i hope they will take longer. The caseworker said that they need 2 weeks but looking at all your forums, i know it will take longer.
Cant do nothing then wait.

@Saibilla-
thank you .
My employer is ok answer their question if they come.
Well they can check the pay scale for all other employees if they want and it's not my salary, it's all over the company got the pay rise in January and i am the only one who have the specific job role and no one is under that job description.
Majority of the employees in the company is getting paid more then me who are working at the main branch office where i am working.

My employer did update the SMS when they did the pay rise, i dont know they still visit.

please suggest.

Thank you again.

Londoner001
India

Post by Londoner001 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:03 am

ravinder1980 wrote:Thank you @GMO

that's what i was wondering that the other employees dosen has to do anything with this so they might think why we have been questioned.
It has been just 3 weeks when i went to Sheffield, i hope they will take longer. The caseworker said that they need 2 weeks but looking at all your forums, i know it will take longer.
Cant do nothing then wait.

@Saibilla-
thank you .
My employer is ok answer their question if they come.
Well they can check the pay scale for all other employees if they want and it's not my salary, it's all over the company got the pay rise in January and i am the only one who have the specific job role and no one is under that job description.
Majority of the employees in the company is getting paid more then me who are working at the main branch office where i am working.

My employer did update the SMS when they did the pay rise, i don't know they still visit.

please suggest.

Thank you again.
Hi,

I dont think they will visit for a compliance test of your employer. The defer of your application may be for different reasons. However, it's just 3 weeks that you have applied. Be patient. I am waiting for past 11 months now still waiting to for my ILR to be decided.

ravinder1980

Post by ravinder1980 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:11 am

Thank you Saibilla

I can understand that it would be really frustrating for you as its been long.

It can be other reason as well, but everyone here is saying that if there is hike is salary before applying ILR then they will pay a visit. Let see when will happen.

Best of luck and i hope soon you will hear good news,

Thanx

Londoner001
India

Post by Londoner001 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:05 pm

ravinder1980 wrote:Thank you Saibilla

I can understand that it would be really frustrating for you as its been long.

It can be other reason as well, but everyone here is saying that if there is hike is salary before applying ILR then they will pay a visit. Let see when will happen.

Best of luck and i hope soon you will hear good news,

Thanx
If your pay hike is informed to home office on the SMS , then there are fewer chances for them to have visit.

ravinder1980

Post by ravinder1980 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:11 pm

Hi

they did informed the home office on SMS and did update the letter for increment as well, but i think they did it after a month as they are new to this sponsor thing and the company solicitor did not suggest them at the time when they increase my salary. So they ask solicitor that do they have to anything in order to make HO aware and then he said that update the SMS.

let see what happen.

Thanx for the reply .

lizzard
Newly Registered

Post by lizzard » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:09 pm

Hi everyone,

my tier 2 to ILR being held since january 2017. It's nearly 1/2 year now still havent receive any news from UKVI. We do have a compliance officer visit our company. Everything was going well after the visit, the rating for our company still on the list as A rate.

Hopefully everything will be settle down soon.

ravinder1980

Post by ravinder1980 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:41 pm

Hello lizzard

Did u apply apply ilr one day/premium service? And when did u had HO visit after you apply for ilr? I mean when u applied ilr in junary, after that when did u had visit?

Thanx

GMO
Mood:

Post by GMO » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:27 pm

lizzard wrote:Hi everyone,

my tier 2 to ILR being held since january 2017. It's nearly 1/2 year now still havent receive any news from UKVI. We do have a compliance officer visit our company. Everything was going well after the visit, the rating for our company still on the list as A rate.

Hi,

Why did they hold ur ILR? Did you hve a suddent pay rise or anything?

lizzard
Newly Registered

Post by lizzard » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:28 pm

GMO wrote:
lizzard wrote:Hi everyone,

Hi,

Why did they hold ur ILR? Did you hve a suddent pay rise or anything?

Pay rise issue didn't update on SMS system. Compliance officer visited during March.