ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Leaving UK on ILR status

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bornin80s
Newly Registered

Leaving UK on ILR status

Post by bornin80s » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:26 pm

Hi all
I lived in UK for 11 years ... since 2010 I married to British citizen and had my ILR since Nov or Dec 2012 . ... now I'm going back to India coz of separation from my wife and she rolling the ball for divorce... few questions
1, when I get divorce remember that might be in next 4/5 months and that point of time I will be in I did
2, what happens to my ILR after divorce and could I come back to UK if I want to say like next Mar or April after divorce??

Thanks in advance

zimba
Mood:

Re: Leaving UK on ILR status

Post by zimba » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:31 pm

Your divorce has no effect on your ILR. However you must ensure that you do not stay very long periods of time outside the UK as the absence of more than 2 years will make you lose your ILR
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Post by UKBALoveStory » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:13 pm

bornin80s wrote:Hi all
I lived in UK for 11 years ... since 2010 I married to British citizen and had my ILR since Nov or Dec 2012 . ... now I'm going back to India coz of separation from my wife and she rolling the ball for divorce... few questions
1, when I get divorce remember that might be in next 4/5 months and that point of time I will be in I did
2, what happens to my ILR after divorce and could I come back to UK if I want to say like next Mar or April after divorce??

Thanks in advance

Why don't you consider applying for British Citizenship?
I am not an immigration adviser...All IMHO.

bornin80s
Newly Registered

Post by bornin80s » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:35 am

Thank you guys for the response
The problem I have is my wife wanted to return the BRP card to
HO and telling me to apply for it after we been divorced which might happen like in next 4/6 months ... in that scenario imagine if I'm in India with no BRP card how can I come back to UK ??

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:20 am

Your BRP must be with you at all times and has no connection to your wife. :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice