ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Combining job

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jafersadeq

Combining job

Post by jafersadeq » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:32 pm

Dear Gurus,

I want to know if I can combine between two employees to get one job, the issue is:

Company A - employee 1 - Marketing- 6 months- Full time
Company B - employee 2 - Marketing- 6 months- Full time

Marketing job is in two companies (I am the director), can I combine between the two employees to get 12 months-Full time-Marketing job ?

zimba
Mood:

Re: Combining job

Post by zimba » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:37 pm

Yes, as long as you are under transitional arrangements
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

awan905
Member of Standing

Post by awan905 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:40 pm

jafersadeq wrote:Dear Gurus,

I want to know if I can combine between two employees to get one job, the issue is:

Company A - employee 1 - Marketing- 6 months- Full time
Company B - employee 2 - Marketing- 6 months- Full time

Marketing job is in two companies (I am the director), can I combine between the two employees to get 12 months-Full time-Marketing job ?
When you got your initial visa?

jafersadeq

Post by jafersadeq » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:47 pm

Dear Zimba88,

I am not under transitional arrangement.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:55 pm

Then no. Each jobs must last for 12 months in a company to be accepted
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

jafersadeq

Post by jafersadeq » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:07 pm

Dear Zimba88,

That means I have to employ both employees in one company and employee 2 will be after employee 1 (employee 1 finishes his job, then employee 2 completes).
Is that right?
Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:30 pm

Yes.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:16 pm

jafersadeq wrote:Dear Zimba88,

That means I have to employ both employees in one company and employee 2 will be after employee 1 (employee 1 finishes his job, then employee 2 completes).
Is that right?
Thanks
No, you don't need to employ both employees in one company. You can employ one employee in Company A and the second employee in Company B. But each of them must be for 12 months each.
It is not necessary that one has to finish and the other then start. The two of them can be at the same time or overlap.
Also remember that it is 2 "jobs" created. So if you Employee A for 12 months, who is then replaced by Employee B for another 12 months for the same job in the same company, then it is "one job" for 24 months, which does not qualify.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

jafersadeq

Post by jafersadeq » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:50 pm

Thanks for answers,
I wonder about this issue: One company - Two Jobs
Employee A : admin - full time - 9 months
Employee B : Marketing -full time- 8 months

Employee C: admin- worked after employee A for 3 months-full time, then left.
He came back after one month to work as "Marketing" after employee B for 4 months-full time.
Now, admin=12 months & marketing= 12 months

Employee C worked in two jobs (admin 3 months, left for one month with P45, came back with new starting date in marketing for 4 months), is this possible ?

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:57 pm

jafersadeq wrote:Thanks for answers,
I wonder about this issue: One company - Two Jobs
Employee A : admin - full time - 9 months
Employee B : Marketing -full time- 8 months

Employee C: admin- worked after employee A for 3 months-full time, then left.
He came back after one month to work as "Marketing" after employee B for 4 months-full time.
Now, admin=12 months & marketing= 12 months

Employee C worked in two jobs (admin 3 months, left for one month with P45, came back with new starting date in marketing for 4 months), is this possible ?
As per the regulations, this qualifies as two jobs. The criteria is tied to the job, not the person.

But HO is free to ask you more questions about that and to satisfy themselves that there is no deception.

They are within their rights to reject it if they suspect deception.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.