ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General Dependent

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

RAJ007
India

Tier 1 Entrepreneur Dependent Visa outside UK

Post by RAJ007 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:24 pm

Below is the list of Visa Category who need the Criminal Record Certificate;

 Tier 1 (Entrepreneur)
 Tier 1 (Investor)
 Tier 2 (General) Worker in education, health or social care sectors (see
below)
 Dependent partner (over 18 years old) of the main applicant in any of the above
routes, either together with the main applicant or separately.

And following the policy guidance on home office website;

I am applying for a visa to come to the UK do I need to produce a criminal
record certificate?
If you are applying for entry clearance under any of the following visa routes, you must
provide a criminal record certificate for any country (excluding the UK) where you have
livedfor 12 months or more (whether continuous or in total), in the 10 years prior to
your application, while aged 18 or over.
 Tier 1 (Entrepreneur)
 Tier 1 (Investor)
below)
 Dependent partner (over 18 years old) of the main applicant in any of the above
All those applying under the Tier 2 (General) route to take employment under one of the
Standard Occupation Codes listed below are subject to this requirement:

I am on Tier 2 General Visa , so does my wife needs this certificate with her application ?

People on this forum please help me on this.

Many Thanks.

marcnath

Re: Tier 1 Entrepreneur Dependent Visa outside UK

Post by marcnath » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:07 pm

RAJ007 wrote:Below is the list of Visa Category who need the Criminal Record Certificate;

 Tier 1 (Entrepreneur)
 Tier 1 (Investor)
below)

And following the policy guidance on home office website;

I am applying for a visa to come to the UK do I need to produce a criminal
record certificate?
If you are applying for entry clearance under any of the following visa routes, you must
provide a criminal record certificate for any country (excluding the UK) where you have
livedfor 12 months or more (whether continuous or in total), in the 10 years prior to
your application, while aged 18 or over.
 Tier 1 (Entrepreneur)
 Tier 1 (Investor)
below)
All those applying under the Tier 2 (General) route to take employment under one of the
Standard Occupation Codes listed below are subject to this requirement:

I am on Tier 2 General Visa , so does my wife needs this certificate with her application ?

People on this forum please help me on this.

Many Thanks.
First, it is not good practice to add your question to other people's questions. You should ask it as a new post.

Second, since you did add your question to this, you should have taken care to read the discussion in this post.

The answer is right there.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

marcnath

Tier 2 General Dependent

Post by marcnath » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:54 am

RAJ007 wrote:I have asked the question because this post is related to Criminal Record Certificate and that too for the dependent visa and my question was related to the same.

Also I found out from the policy guidance i.e. for which visa route this certificate is required.

Because My SOC code is 2136 which is to do with Programming, I don't see if my wife needs this certificate.

So just to be on safe side by not missing any documents for my wife application, I have asked this question to confirm on this from people who have know about this on this forum.

So if anyone can share their thoughts on this will be much appreciated.

Many Thanks.
Ok. It is clear that for your SOC code there is no need for the certificate.

I appreciate that you want additional assurance which I can't provide as I am not an immigration practitioner. But, from my experience, the guidance is unambiguous.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

RAJ007
India

Re: Tier 2 General visa application in April

Post by RAJ007 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:55 am

Hi mlmesadq24,

I am soon going to apply for my wife visa and I am currently onto Tier 2 General Visa.

My SOC code is 2136.

Looks like main applicant does not need this Criminal Record Certificate for SOC code 2136.

But I am not sure if this Criminal Record Certificate is required for Dependent visa.

Could you please help me on this.

Many Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 General visa application in April

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:05 am

@RAJ007 - Kindly refrain from multiple topics particularly in sub forums that are not relevant to you (i.e Tier 1 Entrepreneur) and also please refrain from tagging onto other members topics, it is considered rude and creates confusion.

Your post and the response in Tier 1 Ent sub forum have been split to their own topic.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

RAJ007
India

Re: Tier 1 Entrepreneur Dependent Visa outside UK

Post by RAJ007 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:37 am

Hi Marcnath,

Thanks for your confirmation on this.