ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from Tier-2 (ICT) to Tier-2 (General)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bikku
Newly Registered

Switching from Tier-2 (ICT) to Tier-2 (General)

Post by bikku » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:02 pm

I would like to know whether I can switch from Tier-2 (ICT) to Tier-2 (General) with the same sponsor? My situation is - I am currently in UK with Tier-2 ICT VISA where I have already completed 4 years 2 months now i would like to switch to Tier-2 General with the same sponsor because my sponsor has both sponsership. Is it possible to switch to Tier-2 General now ?
This is only to avoid a 1 year of the gap which is a cooling period so that I can complete my project as the current project/work is having a high dependency on me and don't want to leave the work in the middle.

bikku
Newly Registered

Re: Switching from Tier-2 (ICT) to Tier-2 (General)

Post by bikku » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:28 pm

Please can someone help me on this query ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:58 am

You are still subject to the 12 month cooling off off period.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bikku
Newly Registered

Post by bikku » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:57 am

Thank you for your reply.

Is there any web link for this. If not, then can i take a chance to apply for tier-2 general with same sponser ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:05 am

See link below. You also cannot apply for a T2G with the same sponsor if they have sponsored your ICT visa.

uk-tier-2-employer-sponsored-visas/swit ... 88997.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bikku
Newly Registered

Post by bikku » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:02 pm

Thank you for your reply -

so if I would like to stay in this country then the only option I have is to find the sponsor who can sponsor me with Tier-2 General (as currently I am holding Tier 2 ICT with 4 years 2 months and I have 8 more months of VISA left).
Let's say if I got the sponsor and he is ready to provide me the COS (for general) then can I move from Tier 2 ICT to Tier 2 General or not?

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:00 am

bikku wrote:Thank you for your reply -

so if I would like to stay in this country then the only option I have is to find the sponsor who can sponsor me with Tier-2 General (as currently I am holding Tier 2 ICT with 4 years 2 months and I have 8 more months of VISA left).
Let's say if I got the sponsor and he is ready to provide me the COS (for general) then can I move from Tier 2 ICT to Tier 2 General or not?
Your question was already answered by CR001. Read the entire thread again
12 months cool-off applies
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

bikku
Newly Registered

Post by bikku » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:28 am

Hi Poper

So it means cooling period also applies if i change my current my Tier 2 ICT visa to tier 2 general from other sponser ?
But i am applying for tier 2 general visa before my 5 year period right and if i get the tier2 general then i will get the visa for minimum 2 year and then i can extend it later ?

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:16 am

bikku wrote:Hi Poper

So it means cooling period also applies if i change my current my Tier 2 ICT visa to tier 2 general from other sponser ?
But i am applying for tier 2 general visa before my 5 year period right and if i get the tier2 general then i will get the visa for minimum 2 year and then i can extend it later ?

Switching from Tier 2 (ICT) to Tier 2 (G)
Postby geriatrix » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:38 pm

245HD(c) applies...

Requirements for leave to remain wrote:
(c) An applicant who has, or was last granted leave as a Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer) Migrant must:

(i) have previously had leave as a Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer) Migrant under the Rules in place before 6 April 2010, or in the Established Staff sub-category under the Rules in place before 6 April 2011,

(ii) not have been granted entry clearance in this or any other route since the grant of leave referred to in (i) above; and

(iii) not be applying to work for the same Sponsor as sponsored him when he was last granted leave.

So,
1. If a Tier 2 (ICT) migrant was issued leave as a Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer) Migrant under the Rules in place before 6 April 2010, or
2. If a Tier 2 (ICT) migrant was issued leave as a Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer) migrant in the Established Staff sub-category under the Rules in place before 6 April 2011,

then switching is allowed.

Do you satisfy these conditions for a switch? The answer is NO
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.