ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependants applying from outside the UK

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Jack&Jill
United Arab Emirates

Any separate application for child?

Post by Jack&Jill » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:14 am

Dear Immigrationboard Guru's,

My dependent(wife) with new born child went to home country 3 months back. In between I got new job with new sponsor. Now she is willing to apply dependent visa from home country. While filling application it's too many confusions..

1) Do child need to apply separate dependent application form? or with her child can apply?

2) What is the correct link for applying dependent visa from Home country?

3) She have TB report long back January 2012. Does she need to take new one? or the old one is enough?

4) For child how TB report should be? in which format? Do that from approved clinician?

Please advice. Thank you in advance.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Re: Any separate application for child?

Post by poper » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:58 pm

Jack&Jill wrote:Dear Immigrationboard Guru's,

My dependent(wife) with new born child went to home country 3 months back. In between I got new job with new sponsor. Now she is willing to apply dependent visa from home country. While filling application it's too many confusions..

1) Do child need to apply separate dependent application form? or with her child can apply?
Has your wife's visa already expired?. One application per person required

2) What is the correct link for applying dependent visa from Home country?
https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/family-members

3) She have TB report long back January 2012. Does she need to take new one? or the old one is enough?
She might need a new one if she's applying for a new dependent visa(entry clearance). The child definitely needs one

4) For child how TB report should be? in which format? Do that from approved clinician?
https://www.gov.uk/tb-test-visa/overview

Please advice. Thank you in advance.
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

Jack&Jill
United Arab Emirates

Help Needed.. Very Urgent.

Post by Jack&Jill » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:14 pm

Dear ImmigrationBoard Guru's/God's/Master's/Expert's

I faced some difficulties while filling application for my 6 months old daughter. My daughter born here in UK last December 2016 and went for holiday to India this March 2017 with her mom(my wife who is dependent for me). I'm aware that my daughter needs permission to enter into UK. My wife having valid visa until 26/04/2018. Recently I got new job and changed sponsor.

Daughter's Application:

Question 1) Under section Travel Information - Are you travelling with anyone? I answered Yes and I added my wife details and there is a question.. "Do they have a valid visa for the UK?" She is also applying for her visa with my daughter. What should I answer now yes or no?

Question 2) Baby born in UK and under section Travel and Criminal History - "Have you ever travelled to the UK in the last 10 years?" What should I select now yes or no?

Question 3) "If we need to interview you, what language would you like to use in the interview?" I'm surprised seeing this question.. do they interview 6 months old baby? What language do I need to mention over there?

Question 4) As I said earlier, baby born in UK..under section Medical Treatment: "Have you ever received medical treatment in the UK?" What should I select yes or no? If yes, what is treatment start date and end date?

Wife Application:

Question 1) "Have you ever been issued with a UK National Insurance Number? E.g. QQ 123456A" Answered
Yes
"What is the National Insurance number?" Answered NI Number
"What was the reason for getting it?" What should I answer for this question?

Very much appreciated if any one of you answer this above questions. Many thanks in advance.

Jack.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Re: Help Needed.. Very Urgent.

Post by poper » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:30 pm

Jack&Jill wrote:Dear ImmigrationBoard Guru's/God's/Master's/Expert's

I faced some difficulties while filling application for my 6 months old daughter. My daughter born here in UK last December 2016 and went for holiday to India this March 2017 with her mom(my wife who is dependent for me). I'm aware that my daughter needs permission to enter into UK. My wife having valid visa until 26/04/2018. Recently I got new job and changed sponsor.

Daughter's Application:

Question 1) Under section Travel Information - Are you travelling with anyone? I answered Yes and I added my wife details and there is a question.. "Do they have a valid visa for the UK?" She is also applying for her visa with my daughter. What should I answer now yes or no?
Why is your wife applying for a visa if she already has one valid till 04/2018? You may be wasting some money here

Question 2) Baby born in UK and under section Travel and Criminal History - "Have you ever travelled to the UK in the last 10 years?" What should I select now yes or no?
Not sure. Would say 'No' as she never "traveled" to the UK

Question 3) "If we need to interview you, what language would you like to use in the interview?" I'm surprised seeing this question.. do they interview 6 months old baby? What language do I need to mention over there?
You are filling a generic application hence this question. Fill up the language which your wife can speak if she will accompany the baby to vfs

Question 4) As I said earlier, baby born in UK..under section Medical Treatment: "Have you ever received medical treatment in the UK?" What should I select yes or no? If yes, what is treatment start date and end date?
I would say No if the baby did not have to seek medical treatment for her own. Do mention the baby was born in the UK where possible and attach Birth Certificate issued by your council

Wife Application:

Question 1) "Have you ever been issued with a UK National Insurance Number? E.g. QQ 123456A" Answered
Yes

Very much appreciated if any one of you answer this above questions. Many thanks in advance.

Jack.
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

Jack&Jill
United Arab Emirates

Post by Jack&Jill » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:04 pm

poper wrote:
Jack&Jill wrote:Dear ImmigrationBoard Guru's/God's/Master's/Expert's

Daughter's Application:

Why is your wife applying for a visa if she already has one valid till 04/2018? You may be wasting some money here
Nobody likes to waste the money. Problem here is her visa ends 04/2018 and eligibility for ILR is June/2018. Just for 2 months need an extension. So its better to extend now. That's the reason applying now. Any suggestions much appreciated.

Not sure. Would say 'No' as she never "traveled" to the UK

You are filling a generic application hence this question. Fill up the language which your wife can speak if she will accompany the baby to vfs

I would say No if the baby did not have to seek medical treatment for her own. Do mention the baby was born in the UK where possible and attach Birth Certificate issued by your council

Wife Application:

Yes
Can you please answer this question.

Jack.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:37 am

If she would be so close to ILR in 04/2018, she could apply for a postal extension just before visa expiry and vary it to ILR if a decision was not made on her application and if you have your ILR issued by then.
Not an expert on this. Suggest reading the ILR sub-forum for more details.

paradoxical
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by paradoxical » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:10 am

not only that but your wife might loose the continuity part (not 100% sure) as she will get a new entry clearance visa and not a leave to remain resetting her 5 year counter needed for ILR!

Jack&Jill
United Arab Emirates

Dependants applying from outside the UK

Post by Jack&Jill » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:53 pm

Dear Experts,

Child born in UK and now applying for permit outside UK.

1) Trying to get TB certificate for child, I knew approved clinicians need to certify.. but which hospital I can go for? I have seen Apollo hospitals in Chennai are the only approved hospital. Is this right? or can you please suggest any approved hospitals/clinicians. I don't live in Chennai. I live in Coimbatore. Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Jack

poper
Diamond Member
India

Re: Dependants applying from outside the UK

Post by poper » Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:55 pm

Yes, appears like only 1 hospital in Chennai. You could try hospitals in bangalore as well if thats near

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... #bangalore

Jack&Jill
United Arab Emirates

Post by Jack&Jill » Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:10 pm

Does child require to pay NHS Surcharge? Please advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:44 pm

Jack&Jill wrote:Does child require to pay NHS Surcharge? Please advice.
Yes
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Jack&Jill
United Arab Emirates

Post by Jack&Jill » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:59 am

Dear Experts

Thanks for your continuous support. While filling dependant application I found this below question

1. Have you made an application to the Home Office to remain in the UK in the last 10 years?
What does it mean "to remain" I was first joined as PSW dependant(applied outside UK) in Jan 2012 and in June 2013 Tier 2 dependant(applied outside UK) & extension on May 2015(applied inside UK). Now again extension applying outside UK. Which one is applicable "to remain"?? i don't understand. Please advice.

2. Please enter details.
Date of application? How to remember the date?
Type of application? Is PSW dependant comes under "to remain"? or will Tier 2 comes under "to remain"?
Home office reference number? How to remember the reference number?

Much appreciate if you answer the above question.

Thanks in advance.

Jack&Jill
United Arab Emirates

Post by Jack&Jill » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:29 am

I'm the main applicant from UK
DO I need to provide invitation letter to my wife and daughter? As my wife have already applied from outside UK but for my daughter this is first time.

Do I need to keep separate invitation & separate maintenance letter for my wife and daughter? or Single maintenance letter & single invitation is ok enough? please advice.

Thanks.

Jack&Jill
United Arab Emirates

Post by Jack&Jill » Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:05 pm

Can you please respond to my post. I have been waiting for 2 days.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:48 pm

Invitation letter not required

When i had applied Tier 2 Dependent for my wife and son back in 2012 I had to produce only one set of documents for support. Better carry 2 sets to be safe

Jack&Jill
United Arab Emirates

Post by Jack&Jill » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:33 pm

Hi Poper

Thank you for your reply. Also I have below doubt. Can you please clarify.

While filling dependant application I found this below question

1. Have you made an application to the Home Office to remain in the UK in the last 10 years?
What does it mean "to remain" I was first joined as PSW dependant(applied outside UK) in Jan 2012 and in June 2013 Tier 2 dependant(applied outside UK) & extension on May 2015(applied inside UK). Now again extension applying outside UK. Which one is applicable "to remain"?? i don't understand. Please advice.

2. Please enter details.
Type of application? Is PSW dependant comes under "to remain"? or will Tier 2 comes under "to remain"?

Much appreciate if you answer the above questions.

Thanks in advance.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:19 am

Jack&Jill wrote:Hi Poper

Was an application to extend or switch visa made while within the UK in the last 10 years?

2. Please enter details.
Give approx dates if you don't know. Mention these are approx dates. Give details you know.

Thanks in advance.

Jack&Jill
United Arab Emirates

Post by Jack&Jill » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:54 pm

Hi Poper

Was an application to extend or switch visa made while within the UK in the last 10 years?

Its an application to extend under Tier 2 General Dependant and previously switched from Post Study Work Dependant Visa to Tier 2 General Dependant

2. Please enter details.
Give approx dates if you don't know. Mention these are approx dates. Give details you know.

Thanks in advance.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:04 pm

You will need to list down details of all the applications you have made to obtain a UK visa

Jack&Jill
United Arab Emirates

Post by Jack&Jill » Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:01 pm

Hi Poper

You have already answered for below question. You left out to answer the Home office reference number. Where can I get that? Please advice.

2. Please enter details.

Thanks

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:31 pm