ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CoS Assinged with Old Passport Details

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

krishh_bh
Newly Registered

CoS Assinged with Old Passport Details

Post by krishh_bh » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:06 pm

Hi Experts,

I'm going to apply for Tier 2 General shortage occupation Visa from India. I've been assigned CoS from my employer yesterday after waiting for more than three months. The start date of the CoS is 15th June 2017. The agent mentioned in the mail that the employer will put a note on SMS regarding that. But when I checked the CoS, the Passport Section and Current Address is been wrongly entered from my old passport which is now renewed and I now have new passport issued to me with my husband's address. I would like to know if it will create problem for me if I apply for visa. I've informed the agent and employer both. Since the CoS is assigned my agent said it wont be a problem and they could add the information in SMS.

Really worried please let me know what should I do. Thanks

paradoxical
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: CoS Assinged with Old Passport Details

Post by paradoxical » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:29 pm

have not had first had experience but what I can suggest is to have a cover letter and provide both the new and old passport.

krishh_bh
Newly Registered

Post by krishh_bh » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:48 pm

Thanks for your reply. I will be submitting both passport for the visa and also I'll keep a covering letter mentioning the same. does anyone knows if it will not be classed as a significant or main error in CoS.

itchyfeet123
Newly Registered

Post by itchyfeet123 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:54 pm

My previous employer added a comment under "sponsors note" with my renewed passport details when I applied to extend. I had no problem.

krishh_bh
Newly Registered

Post by krishh_bh » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:29 am

itchyfeet123 wrote:My previous employer added a comment under "sponsors note" with my renewed passport details when I applied to extend. I had no problem.
Thanks for sharing your experience. Did your employer provide you any letter as well for the visa or just the sponsor note was enough.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:02 am

a sponsor note should be enough.

krishh_bh
Newly Registered

Post by krishh_bh » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:24 am

iworker wrote:a sponsor note should be enough.
Thanks for your confirmation. I'll apply for the visa next week. Ill update after the results. thanks again