ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship application and passport return

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

broli
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ireland

Citizenship application and passport return

Post by broli » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:35 am

For people Who asking what happens when you request you passport back.

Your passport will be returned to you when initial processing is complete, about 6 weeks after you submit your application.
If you think you will need your passport during the 6 weeks after you apply (eg for travel), postpone your application until you return and then apply.
You can withdraw your application at any time, but you will not get a fee refund.
Note: If you ask for your passport back before initial processing is complete (ie within 6 weeks after you apply), we will put your application put on hold and send your passport to you. When ready, you must return your passport to us for initial processing to continue.

I am applying next month but i will travel 7 weeks after unfortunately.

Now my quest is when you request you passport back how long does it take to get it back. :?:

How do you return it to them :idea: is there an application number or they just find your application with your name

Thanks all for sharing your knowledge with this.

canikom
Newly Registered

Re: Citizenship application and passport return

Post by canikom » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:26 pm

Hey man, I have applied 9 weeks ago and I m still waiting for my passport.
In my opinion apply after your holiday if you are in rush. Because you might risk to lose the ticket, hotel etc.. It is very frustrating, so I understand you.

Unfortunately because of this Brexit story now thy are very buy and it takes a lot of time.

Best of luck

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Citizenship application and passport return

Post by CalvinKlien » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:22 am

A friend of mine is waiting for 10 weeks now to get his passport back. so, best to apply for your citizenship when you have no travel plan for the next 3 months atleast