ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

uk spouse visa on hold :(

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Raj86
India

Re: uk spouse visa on hold :(

Post by Raj86 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:02 pm

Yh I did wbu?
I just don't know if anyone who got that hold msg ever recviced
There visa?

rvg1212
Newly Registered

Post by rvg1212 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:41 pm

Hi Raj86, I got the on hold email .... applied on 28th dec and still awaiting decision. The on hold email include useless reason stating no straight forward..... when my sponsor/husband is well over the minimum criteria requirement. The MP letter I received, stated the similar - your application is with casework unit. Don't know how long it will take for a decision to be made :(
Last edited by rvg1212 on Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rvg1212
Newly Registered

Post by rvg1212 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:44 pm

Raj86 wrote:With casework?
But I mean u should ask them for more details like why is it taking such a long time for a straight forward case???
I did ask all the questions with regards to what's causing the delay and what not....? Why such long delay and hold.....? But all I get is that response. It's with a casework unit..... :(

pixelrage09
India

Post by pixelrage09 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:25 pm

Raj86 wrote:Yh I did wbu?
I just don't know if anyone who got that hold msg ever recviced
There visa?
Unfortunately, I don't think anyone who received the on-hold message have gotten their decisions yet, but I think you should really look into filing a judicial review against the Home Office. You are expected to get a response from them within 14 days or the HO risks going to court for neglect.

metanoia
Pakistan

Post by metanoia » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:54 pm

According to home office processing time in May 2017 for Karachi Pakistan. Uptill now it was only showing for February

https://visa-processingtimes.homeoffice ... settlement

Most applications are processed within 60 days.
Number of days to process application / % of applications decided
10 days 4%
15 days 4%
30 days 10%
60 days 97%
90 days 97%
120 days 97%

Note: actual processing times may vary depending on a range of factors.

Mash17101

Post by Mash17101 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:15 am

Looks like the stats have changed. For every country

Raj86
India

Post by Raj86 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:52 am

judicial review....

How do I get around it ? I mean how do I start....
What do I need to do first ?
To make judicial review....

maibm

Post by maibm » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:17 am

tarunmsn1981 wrote:
maibm wrote:
pixelrage09 wrote:
Hi Maibm and All,
Good Evening All. I have couple of questions.....

Contacting MP:-
I have prepared my Letter to MP and want to send him.

How did you communicated your local mp ?
Did you met in person or sent an email ?
My mp office is near to my flat. Not sure can walkin directly without an appointment.

No.of Working days :-
Also how to calculate number of working days taking off bank holidays and weekends. For instance I have applied on 14-Dec-2016. How many working days as of today(i.e 21June2017)?

Please advise me on this.
Hi sorry for the late reply. You can find the MPs contact details via good just type their name in and it will come up with the details you need.

On working days as pixel said you can use that website timeanddate. I contacted my mp via email she then responded via email and followed up with an official letter in the post.

The content of the letter was just the facts so wife's biometrics were on 27/02. Have contacted ukvi several times who charge x amount etc and sometimes they don't even bother responding. I just outlined the sheer frustration it's causing for me and my wife.

maibm

Post by maibm » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:44 am

metanoia wrote:According to home office processing time in May 2017 for Karachi Pakistan. Uptill now it was only showing for February

10 days 4%
15 days 4%
30 days 10%
60 days 97%
90 days 97%
120 days 97%

Omg the info is highly inaccurate. I just checked and for Lahore it's showing as 100% of apps having been decided in May. My wife's 60 working days were up on 24 May but we're still waiting for a decision. I've sent another email to my mp highlighting the highly inaccurate data and how people like us make decisions based on the info published. Very wrong and unethical of the UK government

SimonS

Post by SimonS » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:13 am

maibm wrote:
metanoia wrote:According to home office processing time in May 2017 for Karachi Pakistan. Uptill now it was only showing for February

10 days 4%
15 days 4%
30 days 10%
60 days 97%
90 days 97%
120 days 97%

Omg the info is highly inaccurate. I just checked and for Lahore it's showing as 100% of apps having been decided in May. My wife's 60 working days were up on 24 May but we're still waiting for a decision. I've sent another email to my mp highlighting the highly inaccurate data and how people like us make decisions based on the info published. Very wrong and unethical of the UK government
You are misreading it. Underneath the Table it states "For decisions made in May"

That means people who got a decision in May had been waiting for that length of time i.e. For 60 working days, back calculate from 31st May = Biometrics 3rd March. That agrees with peoples timelines on the timeline threads!
I'm not an expert and only answer from my personal experience and understanding of the rules. Spouse Settlement Visa Granted for my wife July 2017. You should not take my advice as absolute.

maibm

Post by maibm » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:29 am

SimonS wrote:
maibm wrote:

10 days 4%
15 days 4%
30 days 10%
60 days 97%
90 days 97%
120 days 97%

You are misreading it. Underneath the Table it states "For decisions made in May"

That means people who got a decision in May had been waiting for that length of time i.e. For 60 working days, back calculate from 31st May = Biometrics 3rd March. That agrees with peoples timelines on the timeline threads!
Thanks Simon but what I'm saying is that my wife's biometrics appointment was on 27 February. 60 working days completed on 24 May. The data on their website to me suggests that apps decided in May were all decided in 60 working days so as you rightly point out from 3 march (biometrics) whereas my wife's appointment was on 27 feb

Am I missing something?

Mash17101

Post by Mash17101 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:43 am

They also say at the bottom depending on a range of factors the actual official waiting time is in fact 120 days but they can esculate after 60 working days so not always will you get a decision within that time.

Ive been on awaiting decision for 14 working days but looking at this thread it may tale a long while.my app was lodged in bangladesh and 90 days is showing as 100 percent and im only on my 54th day.

Fingers crossed soon i get some good news

SimonS

Post by SimonS » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:00 am

Hi maibm,

Unforunately, if you are applying from Pakistan you will note one important feature of the data. They do not quote a number of days for 100% of applications, only 97%. This suggests that even after 120 days, 3% of applications have still not been decided.

To give an idea of the scale of the task, March 2016 to March 2017, 57,111 Settlement Visas for the UK were granted. Applications from Pakistan typically account for 6% so that is 3427 per year and 285 per month. That would indicate that on average, 8 (=3%) applications per month from Pakistan take longer than 120 days to process.

I know it does not give you any comfort but perhaps it helps to explain the data and what it means.
I'm not an expert and only answer from my personal experience and understanding of the rules. Spouse Settlement Visa Granted for my wife July 2017. You should not take my advice as absolute.

Mash17101

Post by Mash17101 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:05 am

SimonS wrote:Hi maibm,

Unforunately, if you are applying from Pakistan you will note one important feature of the data. They do not quote a number of days for 100% of applications, only 97%. This suggests that even after 120 days, 3% of applications have still not been decided.

To give an idea of the scale of the task, March 2016 to March 2017, 57,111 Settlement Visas for the UK were granted. Applications from Pakistan typically account for 6% so that is 3427 per year and 285 per month. That would indicate that on average, 8 (=3%) applications per month from Pakistan take longer than 120 days to process.

I know it does not give you any comfort but perhaps it helps to explain the data and what it means.

Hi simon lahore city in pakistan does show 100 percent in 60 days so he is right the data looks to me as misleading.

maibm

Post by maibm » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:11 am

SimonS wrote:Hi maibm,

Hi Simon thanks for the clarification. Having reviewed the link this morning for a settlement visa from Lahore, they've stated in May that 2% of apps were decided in 30 days with 100% decided in 60 days - no mention of 97% or 120 days. I get the point behind them saying it could take longer etc but think the info is misleading. Anybody would interpret what's shown to how I have.

I guess I'm just confused with the info shown, how they've come to it and would ideally want them to clarify how they came to that info (obviously not possible).

Mash17101

Post by Mash17101 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:15 am

Hi miahb

Read this thread may be helpfull to you

immigration-for-family-members/spouse-v ... 01301.html

SimonS

Post by SimonS » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:27 am

Sorry, I thought you were talking about Karachi and Pakistan in general. In that case, maybe they rounded the data up. 99.6% can legitimately be rounded to 100% by a statistician, but 0.4% would still be on average 1 application per month taking longer than 60 days. Remember a famous quote, there are lies, damn lies and then there are statistics!

There is another way to look at it which introduces an extra layer of ambiguity. It says for Decisions made in May. What is the percentage for decisions not made! Are people who are put on hold excluded from the survey count.

I definitely think in this case you should query it through your MP and state the figure of 100% in the table.

Miss UK

Post by Miss UK » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:21 am

Please check this link

weblink removed

maibm

Post by maibm » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:32 am

Miss UK wrote:Please check this link

weblink removed
Hi thanks for that link which is extremely useful, appreciate it.

Ajmal1990
Newly Registered

Post by Ajmal1990 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:39 am

I got an email and this is what it says (In regards to your query about the status of your application, your application is being considered and is currently awaiting approval)
I was just wondering have anyone here got the same email and what is the timeline for the approval, thanks

Miss UK

Post by Miss UK » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:49 am

Yes i got it and my application is awaiting a decision on 1st of June still no luck

Ajmal1990 wrote:I got an email and this is what it says (In regards to your query about the status of your application, your application is being considered and is currently awaiting approval)
I was just wondering have anyone here got the same email and what is the timeline for the approval, thanks

Mash17101

Post by Mash17101 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:10 pm

Ajmaal1990

When did you apply, i think your one has been decided i know someone who received an email similar and got a decided email 2 days later, sometimes that email means you apps been decided but a senior manager needs to approve it.but not always the case.

Best of luck

ukguyinlondon

Post by ukguyinlondon » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:17 pm

yesterday (21st June 17) almost after 3 months we received an email stating: case not straightforward

biometrics was on 21st March (for wife and 2 kids)
Salary wise double the requirement.. plus other bits were straightforward (i think!)

so not very sure about case not straightforward bit - yes last Jan 2016 we had tried applying for visit visa for wife n kids which got rejected bcoz couldn;t show she had strong connection to India and would return back..

I came across another similar case - madhu_zoom: they received 'not straightforward' email but after 2 days received email asking for IHS fees for the kids (as during application for some reason kids IHS comes as 0) - so requesting for IHS seems like a positive move for madhu i think.. but not sure what has happened after..

Anyways - will have to wait and see what happens -
Anyone with case not straightforward email - would be good if you share your experiences

maibm

Post by maibm » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:18 pm

Mash17101 wrote:Ajmaal1990

When did you apply, i think your one has been decided i know someone who received an email similar and got a decided email 2 days later, sometimes that email means you apps been decided but a senior manager needs to approve it.but not always the case.

Best of luck
My wife's visa app status is 'awaiting a decision'. This has been the case since 17 May. No idea what the delay is - on 80 working days today. Trying to avoid following up again as they'll just say it's within their SLAs even though most are supposedly worked in 60 working days.

MissVanCityExpat
Newly Registered

Post by MissVanCityExpat » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:32 pm

Hi all,

I have yet another delayed application to add to the growing pile...

Visa: FLR(M) extension from within the UK
Application posted: 9th Feb
Confirmation of receipt of application letter: Dated 16 Feb
Biometrics: Taken on 21st Feb
Request for NHS Health Surcharge payment letter dated 16 Feb. Paid 21st Feb. (This was initially overlooked by me as it was newly implemented and I didn't need to pay it for the first 2.5 years of FLR(M).)
Letter from HO re: outstanding policy issues which may affect my application: Dated 21st March
Letter from HO re: exceptionally complex issues, with expected decision to be made on 27 June: Dated 9th May
Letter written to HO re: bringing the decision forward by two weeks due to holiday planned/paid for the previous year (travel date 10th June): Dated 15th May
Letter from HO re: on hold due to Supreme Court ruling: dated 15 June

My husband is British/my sponsor and he earns well over double the financial requirement and I am on £30k. We have no children, so we are calling BS on the hold on our application. Considering the fact that most people got the Supreme Court letter in May, and I have just received mine now, it looks like the HO may be even more behind than it appears.

I have lost a significant amount of money due to a missed holiday and I have also missed out on a very good job offer and pay rise due to the fact that I didn't have my visa in hand. I have had to take unpaid leave from work as I am trapped in a job I am desperate to leave and can't until I have proof I am legally entitled to work. All that to say, as I am sure everyone else is aware, that this delay is causing a fair amount of stress, missed opportunities and just generally ALL LIFE THINGS on hold.

My husband and I were thinking of going to the papers with the story - has anyone done this/considering this?