ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

uk spouse visa on hold :(

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Tamandua

Re: uk spouse visa on hold :(

Post by Tamandua » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:46 pm

pixelrage09 wrote:
So, in essence, we can blame no one else other than the fraudsters and scammers who have abused the marriage system for years. It's cos of these shady blokes that us genuine couples have to suffer and will continue to suffer while the Home Office endlessly tighten immigration rules to the UK.
Allow me to politely disagree with you. There is no one else to blame but the HO which seems to be a corrupt, incompetent and bureaucratic institution.

Also, many people get married for a number of reasons including economic and social status. The ECHR provides for rights like the right to a family life without interference of the government, the right to marry and found a family. Wether the relationship is affectionate or not, it is certainly not the government's problem. But it seems like there's always a way to circumvent the ECHR. Of course we cannot support sham marriage for purposes of immigration fraud where there is NO contact between the parties. But the applicants should have the benefit of the doubt. I think it's reasonable to ask for some evidence of communication and pictures. But they scrutinise every application in order to find any excuse (even the most cynical ones) to refuse it and then say 'marriage may be genuine and subsisting but it's not affectionate' or 'applicants said they were single in previous applications but got married to stay in the UK' or they are satisfied that the sponsor, 'a UK citizen'(!), just want to facilitate one's entry to the UK.

And no, we should not pay for the delays.

SimonS

Post by SimonS » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:18 pm

MissVanCityExpat wrote:Hi all,

I have yet another delayed application to add to the growing pile...

Visa: FLR(M) extension from within the UK
Application posted: 9th Feb
Confirmation of receipt of application letter: Dated 16 Feb
Biometrics: Taken on 21st Feb
Request for NHS Health Surcharge payment letter dated 16 Feb. Paid 21st Feb. (This was initially overlooked by me as it was newly implemented and I didn't need to pay it for the first 2.5 years of FLR(M).)
Letter from HO re: outstanding policy issues which may affect my application: Dated 21st March
Letter from HO re: exceptionally complex issues, with expected decision to be made on 27 June: Dated 9th May
Letter written to HO re: bringing the decision forward by two weeks due to holiday planned/paid for the previous year (travel date 10th June): Dated 15th May
Letter from HO re: on hold due to Supreme Court ruling: dated 15 June

My husband is British/my sponsor and he earns well over double the financial requirement and I am on £30k. We have no children, so we are calling BS on the hold on our application. Considering the fact that most people got the Supreme Court letter in May, and I have just received mine now, it looks like the HO may be even more behind than it appears.

I have lost a significant amount of money due to a missed holiday and I have also missed out on a very good job offer and pay rise due to the fact that I didn't have my visa in hand. I have had to take unpaid leave from work as I am trapped in a job I am desperate to leave and can't until I have proof I am legally entitled to work. All that to say, as I am sure everyone else is aware, that this delay is causing a fair amount of stress, missed opportunities and just generally ALL LIFE THINGS on hold.

My husband and I were thinking of going to the papers with the story - has anyone done this/considering this?
That is an horrendous situation to find yourself in. You have my sympathy. I know that EU citizens whose PRC applications are delayed in this manner can claim compensation under European Law. Not sure about non-EEA spouse but may be worth enquiring from a solicitor if you have not already done so.

In this case I think you should also contact your MP if you have gone past the maximum processing time threshold. You ought to ask what is the specific reason, explaining that you meet and exceed the income threshold and have no children so the ruling should not apply to your circumstances.

Many people here have proposed going to the media with their plight. Whilst I think the situation is deplorable, I would not expect any sympathy from a right-wing press and a general public with strong anti-immigration sentiment. Just look at the Brexit situation!!
I'm not an expert and only answer from my personal experience and understanding of the rules. Spouse Settlement Visa Granted for my wife July 2017. You should not take my advice as absolute.

Miss UK

Post by Miss UK » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:57 pm

Hello guys i just got below reply

Dear
Thank you for your email dated 21.06.2017. The status of your application is awaiting a decision, which means that it has not been completed yet.

Please note the onus is upon individual customers to ensure that they satisfy the requirements set out in the guidance material. The guidance material accompanies each and every application form. UK Visas and Immigration is not able to give, indicate or advise upon the outcome of any such application prior to it being given full and careful consideration.

Can some one tell me whats its means not yet completed ??????????

Mash17101

Post by Mash17101 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:48 pm

After awaiting a decision the next step is decided and then completed thats how your status will update i got the same one.nothing to worry bout just standard email.

How long has it been since you applied?

Miss UK

Post by Miss UK » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:00 pm

so Kind Mash1710
I applied on 10th March from Lahore Pakistan

Mash17101 wrote:After awaiting a decision the next step is decided and then completed thats how your status will update i got the same one.nothing to worry bout just standard email.

Mash17101

Post by Mash17101 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:34 pm

Miss UK wrote:so Kind Mash1710

Mash17101 wrote:After awaiting a decision the next step is decided and then completed thats how your status will update i got the same one.nothing to worry bout just standard email.

Hi miss uk do you know how long your status has been awaiting decision since.mine has been for two weeks know others on this thread for months it can be anytime so fingers crossed.

Raj86
India

Post by Raj86 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:41 pm

Well everyone's visa is moving ... Idk
Where r those people who's visa was on hold....
Still no news ?

pixelrage09
India

Post by pixelrage09 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:03 pm

Mash17101 wrote:

Hi miss uk do you know how long your status has been awaiting decision since.mine has been for two weeks know others on this thread for months it can be anytime so fingers crossed.
Mash,

I have had the same status and mine has been like that since 10/05/2017. So basically a little more than a month.

Miss UK

Post by Miss UK » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:43 pm

Mash Its last updated on 1st June because i emailed them on 27th May they said no current updates may be your application new and details are wrong but now its awaiting decisions : :) :) :)

[qu :roll: ote="Mash17101"]

Hi miss uk do you know how long your status has been awaiting decision since.mine has been for two weeks know others on this thread for months it can be anytime so fingers crossed.[/quote]

Tamandua

Post by Tamandua » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:58 pm

Miss UK wrote:Hello guys i just got below reply

Dear
Thank you for your email dated 21.06.2017. The status of your application is awaiting a decision, which means that it has not been completed yet.

Please note the onus is upon individual customers to ensure that they satisfy the requirements set out in the guidance material. The guidance material accompanies each and every application form. UK Visas and Immigration is not able to give, indicate or advise upon the outcome of any such application prior to it being given full and careful consideration.

That's a copy & paste message. A friend of mine received the same reply from them. 'Not yet completed' means your application is probably with the decision making team that will go through your application one more time along with notes from your caseworker or previous ECOs.

Mash17101

Post by Mash17101 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:01 pm

Miss UK wrote:Mash Its last updated on 1st June because i emailed them on 27th May they said no current updates may be your application new and details are wrong but now its awaiting decisions : :) :) :)

[/quote]

Ok that sounds very similar to mine aswel hopfully we get it very soon

Miss UK

Post by Miss UK » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:16 pm

WHATS YOUR AWAITING DECISION DATE

AND INSAHALL ALLAH NEXT COMING WEEK WE CAN HAVE GOOD NEWS
Mash17101 wrote:
Miss UK wrote:Mash Its last updated on 1st June because i emailed them on 27th May they said no current updates may be your application new and details are wrong but now its awaiting decisions : :) :) :)

Ok that sounds very similar to mine aswel hopfully we get it very soon[/quote]

Miss UK

Post by Miss UK » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:19 pm

ACKNOWLEDGED :? :? :? :?
AND HOPEFULLY ON THIS STAGE FINAL DECISION WILL BE MADE AND THERE IS NO OTHER STAGE ??? :
Tamandu :? a wrote:
Miss UK wrote:Hello guys i just got below reply

Dear

That's a copy & paste message. A friend of mine received the same reply from them. 'Not yet completed' means your application is probably with the decision making team that will go through your application one more time along with notes from your caseworker or previous ECOs.
Last edited by Miss UK on Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mash17101

Post by Mash17101 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:20 pm

Mine has been awaiting a decision since the 2nd june.

pixelrage09
India

Post by pixelrage09 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:19 pm

I hate to break it to you guys, but I know a member of this forum that's been awaiting a decision since March.

So, nothing is set in stone and it's just another one of HO's ambiguous responses to keep the carrot dangling in front of our faces.

Raj86
India

Post by Raj86 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:32 pm

Mine says awaiting for decision sinces 6th march lol so

Mash17101

Post by Mash17101 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:56 pm

That is well anoying lets just hooe its good news after waiting for so long because you just dont know if they going to issue the visa or not. I no someone who earnd double the thresh hold and said there wife will also work when they come here so they wont be claiming public funds and they got refused because they didnt say what kind of job there wife will do even though the wife doesnt need to work in the first place.pathetic home office rules.but did get overturned by a judge but waited a year and half and waisted the courts time but home office dont care this is a money making scheme and they always hope people will make a fresh app then to appeal.

SimonS

Post by SimonS » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:17 pm

Mash17101 wrote:That is well anoying lets just hooe its good news after waiting for so long because you just dont know if they going to issue the visa or not. I no someone who earnd double the thresh hold and said there wife will also work when they come here so they wont be claiming public funds and they got refused because they didnt say what kind of job there wife will do even though the wife doesnt need to work in the first place.pathetic home office rules.but did get overturned by a judge but waited a year and half and waisted the courts time but home office dont care this is a money making scheme and they always hope people will make a fresh app then to appeal.
(14) refusal by a sponsor of a person seeking leave to enter the United Kingdom to give, if requested to do so, an undertaking in writing to be responsible for that person’s maintenance and accommodation for the period of any leave granted;

If your acquaintance was sponsoring their spouse and exceeded the MIR this is the only ground for refusal I can find on adequate maintenance grounds. Unless you can provide the court transcript of the particular case please don't further distress other members of the forum with anecdotal "I know someone etc"

Provide the court case and I stand apologetic and corrected.
I'm not an expert and only answer from my personal experience and understanding of the rules. Spouse Settlement Visa Granted for my wife July 2017. You should not take my advice as absolute.

Mash17101

Post by Mash17101 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:24 pm

SimonS wrote:
Mash17101 wrote:That is well anoying lets just hooe its good news after waiting for so long because you just dont know if they going to issue the visa or not. I no someone who earnd double the thresh hold and said there wife will also work when they come here so they wont be claiming public funds and they got refused because they didnt say what kind of job there wife will do even though the wife doesnt need to work in the first place.pathetic home office rules.but did get overturned by a judge but waited a year and half and waisted the courts time but home office dont care this is a money making scheme and they always hope people will make a fresh app then to appeal.
(14) refusal by a sponsor of a person seeking leave to enter the United Kingdom to give, if requested to do so, an undertaking in writing to be responsible for that person’s maintenance and accommodation for the period of any leave granted;

If your acquaintance was sponsoring their spouse and exceeded the MIR this is the only ground for refusal I can find on adequate maintenance grounds. Unless you can provide the court transcript of the particular case please don't further distress other members of the forum with anecdotal "I know someone etc"

Hi simon you are correct however i was merely stating that the guidlines are so strict that even the ecos sometime make errors which the court then have to rectify never the less i was not trying to distress anyone apologies.

SimonS

Post by SimonS » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:46 pm

Mash17101 wrote:
SimonS wrote:

Hi simon you are correct however i was merely stating that the guidlines are so strict that even the ecos sometime make errors which the court then have to rectify never the less i was not trying to distress anyone apologies.
Hi Mash,

no problem and I agree, the rules are unreasonably strict and in certain cases they do look for any excuse to refuse. The rules are unnecessarily immoral and the outrageous point about the situation is that the HO are seemingly, completely unaccountable.

Cheers
Simon

bahadar
Newly Registered

Post by bahadar » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:10 am

Hi Dear after paying IHS of your kids , have you got visa or any update please share

bahadar
Newly Registered

Post by bahadar » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:14 am

ukguyinlondon wrote:yesterday (21st June 17) almost after 3 months we received an email stating: case not straightforward

biometrics was on 21st March (for wife and 2 kids)
Salary wise double the requirement.. plus other bits were straightforward (i think!)

so not very sure about case not straightforward bit - yes last Jan 2016 we had tried applying for visit visa for wife n kids which got rejected bcoz couldn;t show she had strong connection to India and would return back..

I came across another similar case - madhu_zoom: they received 'not straightforward' email but after 2 days received email asking for IHS fees for the kids (as during application for some reason kids IHS comes as 0) - so requesting for IHS seems like a positive move for madhu i think.. but not sure what has happened after..

Anyways - will have to wait and see what happens -
Anyone with case not straightforward email - would be good if you share your experiences

Hi ,

after making IHS payment of your kids have you received visa ?
please share

unitedkingdom12
Newly Registered

Post by unitedkingdom12 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:06 am

hi

today i called to UKVI, they said ur last update on 12 june awaiting a decision. she says you provide me all information and i will escalate your case. she take all information about the application. How much time to take after escalation the case.. Escalate the case is usefull or not. I m confuse.

Raj86
India

Post by Raj86 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:02 am

Anyone waiting from November ?

tarunmsn1981
BANNED

Post by tarunmsn1981 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:59 am

Raj86 wrote:Anyone waiting from November ?
As far I know no one waiting from November 2016.
And as I was going thru some other forums, I learned people who applied in Dec month none of them got results still now. Dec month cursed many families and people who applied recently (i.e march and april) they got approvals.

How about approaching BBC ? if they can help us in making a short news about this might help us little.