ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

applied from Canada using Priority service

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

scantybat
Newly Registered

applied from Canada using Priority service

Post by scantybat » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:44 pm

Hello, I am Canadian and I applied for a settlement visa as a spouse, and my husband is back in the UK. Sheffield received all my documents and application on the 18th of May, and I paid for priority service. However the allotted time they said it would take has elapsed (they told me 20 days at the application centre) but then they did not tell me that it would take longer if a previous visa had been rejected. It only got rejected because the border agency itself advised us to apply for a specific form, only to tell us later that it was the wrong one.

So now, I am waiting with bated breath. We fully meet all the financial specifications and I had been living in the UK for the past 10 years before this and I even have a University degree that I obtained in Bristol.

Do they take any of that into account? I have just noticed a lot of people on here have received replies in very short amounts of time and I am worried that they are taking so long for me because of my past refusal. Ugh it is agony waiting.

metanoia
Pakistan

Re: applied from Canada using Priority service

Post by metanoia » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:48 pm

Hi

You are not alone, Settlement visas are facing major delays all around the world.

Here is the Toronto processing times,

If you have applied from any other center you can change the details :

https://visa-processingtimes.homeoffice ... settlement

Most applications are processed within 60 days.
Number of days to process application / % of applications decided
3 days 5 days 10 days 15 days 30 days 60 days
6% 6% 6% 12% 18% 100%

Note: actual processing times may vary depending on a range of factors.
The above data is for all decisions made in May 2017

You will find many threads here with timelines to show most of the applicants are waiting a very long time.

If you will post your immigration history any of the members will be better able to tell you if your previous refusal will have an impact.

Hope you will hear a response soon.

mb7891

Post by mb7891 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:53 pm

Hi

I understand how anxious the wait is. At the moment priority applications are taking around 6-8 weeks to process depending on which country you are applying from. The 15-20 day turnaround is not official. Our application took around 41 days. There are some backlog with applications at Sheffield at the moment.

i know its hard , but hang in there they will contact you if they need further info or when its decided.

scantybat
Newly Registered

Post by scantybat » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:07 pm

Thank you very much for your replies. I paid 5.48 pounds to send them an email asking about my visa. Sigh. they will do almost anything to get an extra quid out of you.

Tamandua

Post by Tamandua » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:28 pm

scantybat wrote:Thank you very much for your replies. I paid 5.48 pounds to send them an email asking about my visa. Sigh. they will do almost anything to get an extra quid out of you.
This email-paid service is useless. Generally speaking, copy & paste replies. All they say is the application is 'awaiting decision' or 'hasn't been completed yet'.

According to my MP, there's a backlog. So, all we can do is wait. I've been waiting for 6 months. I applied from within the UK.