ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

uk spouse visa on hold :(

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

hm7
Mood:

Re: uk spouse visa on hold :(

Post by hm7 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:10 am

I think we should approach bbc. It may not bring many results but something is better than nothing.

We should raise how is this delay affecting our personal life's, living apart for months and months. Moreover, it is so difficult to work with all the stress because of this delay.

ukguyinlondon

Post by ukguyinlondon » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:48 am

bahadar wrote:Hi Dear after paying IHS of your kids , have you got visa or any update please share
Hi Bahadar
It wasn't me who got the IHS request. It was user madhu_zoom - they got the not straightforward email and then after 2 days request for IHS for the 2 kids... I am not sure what happened after that - I have messaged them

as for me still waiting to see what happens...
will keep posted

are you also in similar position..

Bob777
Newly Registered

Post by Bob777 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:41 am

Hi guys

I recieved the case not straight foward email after 2 months of waiting. For the people on here who recieved this email I would like to know what there next step is? Are you guys still waiting? Is there any contact?

Thank you

Neosprin

Post by Neosprin » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:46 am

Hi Bob,
I have received a case not straight forward after 3 months of Application and I am still waiting.

Have called and emailed them but haven't been successful.

The last update is that my application is awaiting decision since 8th June. I don't know what to make of it other than waiting.

bham
Mood:
India

Post by bham » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:46 pm

tarunmsn1981 wrote:
Raj86 wrote:Anyone waiting from November ?
As far I know no one waiting from November 2016.
And as I was going thru some other forums, I learned people who applied in Dec month none of them got results still now. Dec month cursed many families and people who applied recently (i.e march and april) they got approvals.

How about approaching BBC ? if they can help us in making a short news about this might help us little.
Yes u r right
We should do it because Ho my answering any of our
Emails, phone and MP letters as well
So last option is BBC may be it will be workout
If anyone help us to tell our this situation on bbc
Plz answer is it possible to give by one person

bham
Mood:
India

Post by bham » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:55 pm

MissVanCityExpat wrote:Hi all,

I have yet another delayed application to add to the growing pile...

Visa: FLR(M) extension from within the UK
Application posted: 9th Feb
Confirmation of receipt of application letter: Dated 16 Feb
Biometrics: Taken on 21st Feb
Request for NHS Health Surcharge payment letter dated 16 Feb. Paid 21st Feb. (This was initially overlooked by me as it was newly implemented and I didn't need to pay it for the first 2.5 years of FLR(M).)
Letter from HO re: outstanding policy issues which may affect my application: Dated 21st March
Letter from HO re: exceptionally complex issues, with expected decision to be made on 27 June: Dated 9th May
Letter written to HO re: bringing the decision forward by two weeks due to holiday planned/paid for the previous year (travel date 10th June): Dated 15th May
Letter from HO re: on hold due to Supreme Court ruling: dated 15 June

My husband is British/my sponsor and he earns well over double the financial requirement and I am on £30k. We have no children, so we are calling BS on the hold on our application. Considering the fact that most people got the Supreme Court letter in May, and I have just received mine now, it looks like the HO may be even more behind than it appears.

I have lost a significant amount of money due to a missed holiday and I have also missed out on a very good job offer and pay rise due to the fact that I didn't have my visa in hand. I have had to take unpaid leave from work as I am trapped in a job I am desperate to leave and can't until I have proof I am legally entitled to work. All that to say, as I am sure everyone else is aware, that this delay is causing a fair amount of stress, missed opportunities and just generally ALL LIFE THINGS on hold.

My husband and I were thinking of going to the papers with the story - has anyone done this/considering this?
Hi miss please go further to paper that will be helpful
Other people as well we all are on forum applied from outside
UK so we not able to take much action as u can
Please also mention all other stories who r waiting for
Spouse visa from 6 months what is game which ukvi playing
With all our lives plz go through media we all with u
If. U need any help from us
Thnx

tarunmsn1981
BANNED

UK spouse visa on hold or massive delays

Post by tarunmsn1981 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:02 pm

As i said earlier I have applied settlement visa for my wife on 14-Dec-2016 from India.
On 03-Mar-2017 : Received email from Sheffield UKVI stating my case is not straightforward.
waited for 2 months and recently I have contacted UKVI via paid email and phone services (paid 35 quids) and they escalated my case 2 times.

After escalating 2 times , Today received mail from UKVI Sheffield office :

Regarding Visa Application: GWF04XXXXXX
For Firstname Surname,
Thank you for your enquiry
We have previously advised you via email the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we are unable to meet the published service standards. We continue to work on the application and will make a decision as soon as we are able to. We cannot give a time scale for when a decision will be made. There is currently no change to this.

If you have any further enquiries, please visit our website at http://www.GOV.UK

Kind Regards
UKVI Contact Centre Service – Sheffield Visa Section

It has been more than 6 months (132 working days completed) still they are saying can't provide a timescale. Completely pissed off. Even buffaloes are far better than these money eating and sleeping rats.

pixelrage09
India

Re: UK spouse visa on hold or massive delays

Post by pixelrage09 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:08 pm

tarunmsn1981 wrote:As i said earlier I have applied settlement visa for my wife on 14-Dec-2016 from India.
On 03-Mar-2017 : Received email from Sheffield UKVI stating my case is not straightforward.
waited for 2 months and recently I have contacted UKVI via paid email and phone services (paid 35 quids) and they escalated my case 2 times.

After escalating 2 times , Today received mail from UKVI Sheffield office :

Regarding Visa Application: GWF04XXXXXX
For Firstname Surname,
Thank you for your enquiry
We have previously advised you via email the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we are unable to meet the published service standards. We continue to work on the application and will make a decision as soon as we are able to. We cannot give a time scale for when a decision will be made. There is currently no change to this.

If you have any further enquiries, please visit our website at http://www.GOV.UK

Kind Regards
UKVI Contact Centre Service – Sheffield Visa Section

It has been more than 6 months (132 working days completed) still they are saying can't provide a timescale. Completely pissed off. Even buffaloes are far better than these money eating and sleeping rats.

Tarun,

Did you get the on-hold email or the "awaiting a decision" status?

bham
Mood:
India

Post by bham » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:09 pm

bham wrote:
tarunmsn1981 wrote:
Raj86 wrote:Anyone waiting from November ?
As far I know no one waiting from November 2016.
And as I was going thru some other forums, I learned people who applied in Dec month none of them got results still now. Dec month cursed many families and people who applied recently (i.e march and april) they got approvals.

How about approaching BBC ? if they can help us in making a short news about this might help us little.
Yes u r right
We should do it because Ho my answering any of our
Emails, phone and MP letters as well
So last option is BBC may be it will be workout
If anyone help us to tell our this situation on bbc
Plz answer is it possible to give by one person
Hi guys
I talk with Des perdes weekly about this news publish on
News paper they don't charge for it it's free but they just told
I need to give our phone below this news
So what u r suestion about this we should go for it
If anyone wanna talk to them u can find online it's des
Perdes weekly southall but I'm don't know how can approch to
BBC plz advice

Miss UK

Post by Miss UK » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:10 pm

Hi Pixelarge

whats your timelines did you also got case not straight email ????? sorry if not

tarunmsn1981
BANNED

Re: UK spouse visa on hold or massive delays

Post by tarunmsn1981 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:42 pm

pixelrage09 wrote: Tarun,
Did you get the on-hold email or the "awaiting a decision" status?
I have received "Awaiting a Decision" .

Raj86
India

Post by Raj86 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:29 pm

This is just a way to make money....
And holding up as many applications as they can do they can
Make money on calls Nd emails Nd etc lol

Bob777
Newly Registered

Post by Bob777 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:10 pm

Neosprin wrote:Hi Bob,
I have received a case not straight forward after 3 months of Application and I am still waiting.

The last update is that my application is awaiting decision since 8th June. I don't know what to make of it other than waiting.

Hi Neosprin

If i got this right you got case not foward email then no other information apart from an email to say awaiting desicion. No other contact asking for further info? Did you apply priority? How long have you waited now?

Sorry for all the questions.

Neosprin

Post by Neosprin » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:40 pm

Bob777 wrote:
Neosprin wrote:Hi Bob,

Hi Neosprin

If i got this right you got case not foward email then no other information apart from an email to say awaiting desicion. No other contact asking for further info? Did you apply priority? How long have you waited now?

Sorry for all the questions.
Hi I applied for standard on 15th March and have waited over 3 months. Have not got any information on my application except for standard templated emails. And I don't know what to make out of it

Ajmal1990
Newly Registered

Post by Ajmal1990 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:01 pm

pixelrage09 wrote:@ all those who have received the "awaiting a decision" email, I came across a program on ITV that did a segment on marriage visas in the UK and corruption at the home office where visa officers were secretly taking bribes for granting visas.

There are now 4-5 entry clearance officers that work on every single settlement application (hence why HO is moving services for settlement visas from local British High Commissions to Sheffield) and scrutinize every bit of information you give them.

This was also corroborated to me by my MP that contacted Sheffield on our behalf.

So, basically there is an assistant ECO that checks all your documents and verifies its authenticity, while at the same time, another ECO is doing your background checks at all the places you have stayed in the last 10 years. Once these checks are done, it's then passed onto a DECISION MAKING CENTER where the decision maker (senior ECO) will go through your application one more time along with notes from the previous ECOs and then grants or denies the visa.

This is then passed onto the director of the department who then approves this decision and then they finally send all of this information electronically to your local BHC where your passport is held for the vignette to be stamped.

Add to this, the UK government is also trying to restrict as many people as they can from entering the country.

So, in essence, we can blame no one else other than the fraudsters and scammers who have abused the marriage system for years. It's cos of these shady blokes that us genuine couples have to suffer and will continue to suffer while the Home Office endlessly tighten immigration rules to the UK.

Hi there,

I am a bite confused, I got an email on Monday ( saying In regards to your query about the status of your application, your application is being considered and is currently awaiting approval.) I called them again today to check my application status and they said it is awaiting for decisions and I said that on the email it says awaiting approval and he said it should be the same. I don't know what is going on

pixelrage09
India

Post by pixelrage09 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:14 pm

Miss UK wrote:Hi Pixelarge

whats your timelines did you also got case not straight email ????? sorry if not
Yes, I got case not straightforward email, but my status is now "awaiting a decision" like many of the other people here. I have been on "awaiting a decision" since 10/05/2017, so I'm not really sure how much longer to make a bloody decision. Like for God sakes, its a simple YES or NO question.

pixelrage09
India

Post by pixelrage09 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:18 pm

Ajmal1990 wrote:
Hi there,

I am a bite confused, I got an email on Monday ( saying In regards to your query about the status of your application, your application is being considered and is currently awaiting approval.) I called them again today to check my application status and they said it is awaiting for decisions and I said that on the email it says awaiting approval and he said it should be the same. I don't know what is going on
Hi Ajmal,

It means that your case worker has finished processing all your documents and background checks and is now at a decision making center waiting for a senior ECO to grant or refuse the visa.

Ajmal1990
Newly Registered

Post by Ajmal1990 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:30 pm

Ajmal1990 wrote:
pixelrage09 wrote:@ all those who have received the "awaiting a decision" email, I came across a program on ITV that did a segment on marriage visas in the UK and corruption at the home office where visa officers were secretly taking bribes for granting visas.

There are now 4-5 entry clearance officers that work on every single settlement application (hence why HO is moving services for settlement visas from local British High Commissions to Sheffield) and scrutinize every bit of information you give them.

This was also corroborated to me by my MP that contacted Sheffield on our behalf.

So, basically there is an assistant ECO that checks all your documents and verifies its authenticity, while at the same time, another ECO is doing your background checks at all the places you have stayed in the last 10 years. Once these checks are done, it's then passed onto a DECISION MAKING CENTER where the decision maker (senior ECO) will go through your application one more time along with notes from the previous ECOs and then grants or denies the visa.

This is then passed onto the director of the department who then approves this decision and then they finally send all of this information electronically to your local BHC where your passport is held for the vignette to be stamped.

Add to this, the UK government is also trying to restrict as many people as they can from entering the country.

So, in essence, we can blame no one else other than the fraudsters and scammers who have abused the marriage system for years. It's cos of these shady blokes that us genuine couples have to suffer and will continue to suffer while the Home Office endlessly tighten immigration rules to the UK.

Hi there,

As you have mentioned above approval is the last thing to be done, so in my case a decision has been made but just need to be approved right?

pixelrage09
India

Post by pixelrage09 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:27 pm

@Ajman,

No, your case is still waiting decision. It has yet to be granted or denied a visa

challenge
Mood:
India

Post by challenge » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:34 am

Hi Everyone,

To all those looking to get this on to news below are the links for some of them. Although, i am not sure whether they will take this up or not but there is no harm in trying. If number of people reporting their experiences/story is big then better chances. It also depends on they way it is presented, not just another moaning email but a proper detailed one explaining whole situation along with replies from MPs.

There are heartbreaking stories of couples and skype children almost every week and so far we haven't seen them making any difference but this issue I think is a different matter where most probably Non EU applicants are being discriminated and kept on hold on one pretext or another and priority given to EU applicants (I might be wrong).

BBC: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10725415

channel 4: http://www.channel4.com/4viewers/faq/na ... /400289916

Evening Standard: http://www.standard.co.uk/news/contact- ... 85764.html

Metro: http://metro.co.uk/2006/02/06/contact-us-634245/

best of luck

rvg1212
Newly Registered

Post by rvg1212 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:48 am

Has anyone who applied for visa on Dec got their Visa or any sort of status update or any information?..... I'm still awaiting decision..... it's a total piss take

Samundri kings
Newly Registered

Post by Samundri kings » Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:10 pm

bham wrote:

Request for NHS Health Surcharge payment letter dated 16 Feb. Paid 21st Feb. (This was initially overlooked by me as it was newly implemented and I didn't need to pay it for the first 2.5 years of FLR(M).)
Letter from HO re: outstanding policy issues which may affect my application: Dated 21st March
Letter from HO re: exceptionally complex issues, with expected decision to be made on 27 June: Dated 9th May
Letter written to HO re: bringing the decision forward by two weeks due to holiday planned/paid for the previous year (travel date 10th June): Dated 15th May

My husband is British/my sponsor and he earns well over double the financial requirement and I am on £30k. We have no children, so we are calling BS on the hold on our application. Considering the fact that most people got the Supreme Court letter in May, and I have just received mine now, it looks like the HO may be even more behind than it appears.

I have lost a significant amount of money due to a missed holiday and I have also missed out on a very good job offer and pay rise due to the fact that I didn't have my visa in hand. I have had to take unpaid leave from work as I am trapped in a job I am desperate to leave and can't until I have proof I am legally entitled to work. All that to say, as I am sure everyone else is aware, that this delay is causing a fair amount of stress, missed opportunities and just generally ALL LIFE THINGS on hold.

My husband and I were thinking of going to the papers with the story - has anyone done this/considering this?
Hi miss please go further to paper that will be helpful
Other people as well we all are on forum applied from outside
UK so we not able to take much action as u can
Please also mention all other stories who r waiting for
Spouse visa from 6 months what is game which ukvi playing
With all our lives plz go through media we all with u
If. U need any help from us
Thnx

Hi bham.
I've got the same correspondence from the HO. 1st letter stating that outstanding policy issues and 2nd one they gave me decision time by 14th of july

unitedkingdom12
Newly Registered

Post by unitedkingdom12 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:23 pm

Hi,

My status shows last 12 June awaiting decision.Yesterday I called to UKVI and they told me status is awaiting decision and also toldo me you are provid detail about ur application and we will escalate ur case case..I don't know whts going on.Applied 29 December from india...still waiting for last 6 months..

MissVanCityExpat
Newly Registered

Post by MissVanCityExpat » Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:03 pm

SimonS wrote:

That is an horrendous situation to find yourself in. You have my sympathy. I know that EU citizens whose PRC applications are delayed in this manner can claim compensation under European Law. Not sure about non-EEA spouse but may be worth enquiring from a solicitor if you have not already done so.

In this case I think you should also contact your MP if you have gone past the maximum processing time threshold. You ought to ask what is the specific reason, explaining that you meet and exceed the income threshold and have no children so the ruling should not apply to your circumstances.

Many people here have proposed going to the media with their plight. Whilst I think the situation is deplorable, I would not expect any sympathy from a right-wing press and a general public with strong anti-immigration sentiment. Just look at the Brexit situation!!
Hi Simon,

Thanks for your advice - much appreciated!

I will certainly look into speaking to a solicitor re: compensation for non-EEA spouse/applications and other issues with the process, but won't hold my breath as non-EEA applicants aren't entitled to much unfortunately.

I have already written to my MP regarding the situation, which was also put on hold unfortunately due to elections. As he has now been re-elected I have asked my case to be re-opened, which they agreed to. Hopefully some clarity will be provided soon!

I agree with you in regards to the right-wing press being very vocal about their anti-immigration stance. I remember the Guardian running some stories about the difficulties surrounding immigration and thought they might like to highlight this issue as well. One can always hope anyway!

(Apologies if this double posts - I can't see my original reply on the site)

shid786
Newly Registered

Post by shid786 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:56 pm

Application Category: Spouse (WIFE 3 DEPENDENTS) Priority
Application Submitted Online: 20-March-2017
Biometrics & Passport Submission (Location): Islamabad
Biometrics & Passport Submission (Date):24-March-2017
Application Forwarded To British High Commission On : 24-March-2017.

Supporting Documents Sent To Sheffield On : 03-April-2017.
Supporting Documents Received Back From Sheffield On : 05-April-2017
Sponsor Contacted By UKVI (if applicable):No
Status check 05/05/2017:
We understand that you would like to know about the current status of your
visa application. I have tracked the status and found that a decision on
your application has been delayed whilst further enquiries are being
conducted. Your visa application centre or the entry clearance officer will
contact you once a decision has been made or, if necessary, during the
consideration of your application.
three time mail but same answer
now again send email waiting email answer
now 13 weeks applied but no ans any more
now 19/06/2017 no email no/call
Also Contacted thirteen times for status check via phone calls cost me over £130 in call cost, every time got reply saying "waiting for ECO decicsion"

Decision Made (As Per Covering Letter Issued By Home Office) : Still Waiting
Contacted For Collection :
Collection Made :
Decision Of Application :
Validity Of Visa:

Emailed on 20/06/2017 and got a reply saying :

Thank you for providing further information.

With regards to your query, your visa status is "Awaiting for Decision", please check in the link below further about visas processing times. Please note, if you have paid for priority service your application has been placed in front of the queue, unfortunately we cannot specify how long it will take.

Processing times:
https://www.gov.uk/search?o=procesing+t ... sing+times

If you have any further enquiries please visit our website at www.gov.uk/home-office

Please can anyone advise me how i can escalate this??

PLEASE PRAY FOR ME I GET MY WIFES 3 DEPENDENTS VISA SOON...INSHALLAH