ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Not fit for purpose

Post comments about workpermit.com website, don't post information related to immigration questions, work permit advice, etc.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

swilliams1
Newly Registered

Not fit for purpose

Post by swilliams1 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:40 pm

Surely the point of any forum like this is to help the users. In this case that would be applicants for a settlement visa. To shut down a pressing and hugely distressing topic such as the 'pause' issue -and then prevent any further discussion - because a few forum members have broken rules, surely renders the mods unfit for purpose?

If rules have been broken please delete the posts, ban the posters etc, but to close a post with "This topic will now be locked due to persistent disregard for the forum rules. Any further topics opened on the same issue by any of the members posting in this topic will also be locked." beggars belief.

We, as members, are trying to find out information that is not forthcoming from the governmental agencies or anywhere else. To shut down a topic like this means that anyone looking to your forum for help will have to go elsewhere.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Not fit for purpose

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:54 pm

It is only a repeat of many topics locked that become low value with 'any updates', 'who is still waiting', 'any news from HO', 'here's my number/social media/email etc' as the topics below indicate and which become impossible to keep on track and moderate. Surprisingly, spouse visa is not the only sub forum that needs to be moderated :idea:

A couple of examples below.

immigration-for-family-members/spousal- ... l#p1285601

immigration-for-family-members/settleme ... l#p1362639
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

pixelrage09
India

Post by pixelrage09 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:25 pm

CR001 wrote:It is only a repeat of many topics locked that become low value with 'any updates', 'who is still waiting', 'any news from HO', 'here's my number/social media/email etc' as the topics below indicate and which become impossible to keep on track and moderate. Surprisingly, spouse visa is not the only sub forum that needs to be moderated :idea:

A couple of examples below.

immigration-for-family-members/spousal- ... l#p1285601

immigration-for-family-members/settleme ... l#p1362639
Yea, but it doesn't make any sense to burn the house just because a few tenants have been unruly.

And could you at least tell me why you have revoked my PM privilege?

maibm

Post by maibm » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:09 pm

pixelrage09 wrote:

Yea, but it doesn't make any sense to burn the house just because a few tenants have been unruly.

Hey pixel, hope all is well. Didn't think I'd be able to find out what the update with yourself is since the mod shut down the topic (won't say too much re the mod).

I take it you haven't had any update yet?

Might get banned for posting something under a topic completely unrelated (but then again the actual topic is blocked so confused.com). If I do then good luck with your app, hope it all works out for you and your other half).

pixelrage09
India

Post by pixelrage09 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:28 pm

maibm wrote:
pixelrage09 wrote:

Hey pixel, hope all is well. Didn't think I'd be able to find out what the update with yourself is since the mod shut down the topic (won't say too much re the mod).

I take it you haven't had any update yet?

Might get banned for posting something under a topic completely unrelated (but then again the actual topic is blocked so confused.com). If I do then good luck with your app, hope it all works out for you and your other half).
Hi Maibm,

No updates unfortunately. Still at the "awaiting a decision" purgatory. It's been like that since 10th May and not sure exactly when it will be decided seeing as our 24 weeks finish in July last week.

How about yourself? Have you had any luck?

maibm

Post by maibm » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:15 am

pixelrage09 wrote:
Hi Maibm,

No updates unfortunately. Still at the "awaiting a decision" purgatory. It's been like that since 10th May and not sure exactly when it will be decided seeing as our 24 weeks finish in July last week.

How about yourself? Have you had any luck?
No luck just yet. You know I'd written to my mp - I'm still waiting but am confident she will get back to me.

I sent her another email saying the uk visa processing times have been updated on their website and how ukvi have stated 100% of apps decided in may were decided in 60 working days (for Lahore) which to me is wholly untrue. My wife's 60 days fell on 24 may. The mp then followed up with another letter (which was completely unexpected by me) saying she will follow up on the data on that website (I thought that was very nice of her when she didn't need to follow up with me). She's also stated she's expecting a response no later than 14 July from the account manager at ukvi (she says the chances are they will respond sooner).

I've not bothered to get in touch with ukvi again given there's no point. They don't tell you anything new or something you don't already know.

In shaa Allah let's see...