ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10yrs (ILR) - Due in august

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

yazztech

10yrs (ILR) - Due in august

Post by yazztech » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:39 am

hello gurus,

Gurus on this forum helped me alot for my visas during entrepreneur tier 1 (initial) and as well in tier 1 entr extension. i am so thankful to all who helped me. i got Tier 1 entrep - extension in end of jan 2017. now i am ready to apply for 10yrs ILR i came to uk in august 2007.

just spent 60 - 80 days outside in 10 years.
just need couple of things. first my wife is on dependent visa. what business documents i will take with me when i will go to premium service. do i need to take with me my business bank statements and any business information ?

second. i am not applying for spouse visa for my wife on the same day when i will go for ilr for my self only.
do i have to apply for spouse visa for my wife asap when i get my ILR ? and can my wife travel on dependent visa and main applicant will be on ILR ? or i have to get spouse visa for my wife first ?

third. as we know we need income of 18600 threshold for spouse visa .. if myself and my partner (wife) both work part time and make more than 18600 per year. so should it be considerable as threshold ? or only one main applicant have to be getting that income ?

thanks i will be very thankful if you help me with this. i hope you got my point .

lastly. is there any posibility that i can get sample cover letter for 10yrs ILR .

thanks

zimba
Mood:

Re: 10yrs (ILR) - Due in august

Post by zimba » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:10 am

just need couple of things. first my wife is on dependent visa. what business documents i will take with me when i will go to premium service. do i need to take with me my business bank statements and any business information ?
I suggest to have those documents at hand if required
second. i am not applying for spouse visa for my wife on the same day when i will go for ilr for my self only.
do i have to apply for spouse visa for my wife asap when i get my ILR ? and can my wife travel on dependent visa and main applicant will be on ILR ? or i have to get spouse visa for my wife first ?
When did your spouse apply for entry clearance as a PBS dependant?
If she got her first PBS dependent entry clearance after 09-Jul-12, her ILR clock will be reset to zero as she cannot get ILR under PBS route any more and has to switch to FLR(M). When you are granted ILR under long residence, your spouse's leave will remain valid until it expires, or is curtailed, or if she travels outside the UK. This means the sooner you make that switch the better for her ILR.
third. as we know we need income of 18600 threshold for spouse visa .. if myself and my partner (wife) both work part time and make more than 18600 per year. so should it be considerable as threshold ? or only one main applicant have to be getting that income ?
Yes, the income can be shared for FLR(M)
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Mrchaany

Post by Mrchaany » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:47 am

If she got her first PBS dependent entry clearance after 09-Jul-12, her ILR clock will be reset to zero as she cannot get ILR under PBS route any more and has to switch to FLR(M). When you are granted ILR under long residence, your spouse's leave will remain valid until it expires, or is curtailed, or if she travels outside the UK. This means the sooner you make that switch the better for her ILR.
Dear Zimba
Regarding your above comments
Could please tell about if PBS dependent have leave till Feb 2019, now travelled aboard (home country) and main applicant got ILR through long residency, can the dependent travel to uk after 6 months,

Note dependent have valid leave till Feb 2019, and main applicant ilr started from June 2017
Strong commitment, extreme faith and honesty will recognize your existence.

yazztech

Post by yazztech » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:49 am

Mrchaany wrote:If she got her first PBS dependent entry clearance after 09-Jul-12, her ILR clock will be reset to zero as she cannot get ILR under PBS route any more and has to switch to FLR(M). When you are granted ILR under long residence, your spouse's leave will remain valid until it expires, or is curtailed, or if she travels outside the UK. This means the sooner you make that switch the better for her ILR.
Dear Zimba
Regarding your above comments
Could please tell about if PBS dependent have leave till Feb 2019, now travelled aboard (home country) and main applicant got ILR through long residency, can the dependent travel to uk after 6 months,

Note dependent have valid leave till Feb 2019, and main applicant ilr started from June 2017

Exactly thats what i meant in the first post that if the PBS dependent have leave till Feb 2019 and if she travels on PBS dependent and main applicant on ILR so would be any trouble / problem at airport ?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:02 pm

Technically the PBS dependent visa will no longer be valid and although there is unlikely to be an issue if they remain in the UK without switching until visa expiry, they may be refused re-entry if they travel outside of the UK. It is advisable for all dependants to switch to FLR(M) as soon as the PBS migrant is granted ILR visa. :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

yazztech

Post by yazztech » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:22 pm

zimba88 wrote:Technically the PBS dependent visa will no longer be valid and although there is unlikely to be an issue if they remain in the UK without switching until visa expiry, they may be refused re-entry if they travel outside of the UK. It is advisable for all dependants to switch to FLR(M) as soon as the PBS migrant is granted ILR visa. :!:

Thanks zimba you are life saver .. seriously . you helped me loads of time . which i really appreciate. . we must have to attach 6 months payslips or 5 months would be okay ?

thanks again zimba .. do you have any idea what kind of business documents i would take with me when going for premium service for ILR 10 years .. and i have to fill the form SET (LR) .. for 10 yrs ? right ?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:29 pm

Thanks zimba you are life saver .. seriously . you helped me loads of time . which i really appreciate. . we must have to attach 6 months payslips or 5 months would be okay ?
6 months payslips
thanks again zimba .. do you have any idea what kind of business documents i would take with me when going for premium service for ILR 10 years .. and i have to fill the form SET (LR) .. for 10 yrs ? right ?
Current appointment report, company accounts, some business bank statements, proof of investment, etc

yazztech

Post by yazztech » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:30 am

Hello Zimba,

Thanks for your quick reply. just one more question. as i asked earlier before that we both main applicant and spouse can work part time and show the income for spouse visa. right.. but i am on tier 1 entre at the moment if i show my self as part time in my own company and can i show my wife in the same company or do i have to employee her in different company ? i mean how it going to be work ?

thanks.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:54 pm

This is not about part time/full time. A PBS dependant visa holder can be employed in your company too and this has nothing to do with Tier 1E rules.
It is about a total monthly income of £18,600. You need to submit payslips showing the income required

yazztech

Post by yazztech » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:52 pm

zimba88 wrote:This is not about part time/full time. A PBS dependant visa holder can be employed in your company too and this has nothing to do with Tier 1E rules.
It is about a total monthly income of £18,600. You need to submit payslips showing the income required

Thanks zimba .. for your help but just a little confusion. as we are obliged to hire UK settled person. so it wouldn't be any problem to tier 1 E applicant? so we just need to show the payslips ? not bank statements ?
and i am (main applicant Tier 1 E) taking salary from my own company as a director will it be considerable ?
thanks

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:28 pm

You can hire ANY person who is allowed to work in the UK, settled status employment creation is only required if you want to claim such employment towards Tier 1E extension/5 year ILR. You can pay yourself salary as long as such salary does not come from your own investmnets

yazztech

Post by yazztech » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:50 pm

zimba88 wrote:You can hire ANY person who is allowed to work in the UK, settled status employment creation is only required if you want to claim such employment towards Tier 1E extension/5 year ILR. You can pay yourself salary as long as such salary does not come from your own investmnets

Thank you so much zimba for clarifying the points .. seriously you are a life saver .. thanks again .

we applied Tier 1E extension as partnership . my other business partner will apply for 10 years next year . ..

yazztech

Post by yazztech » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:54 pm

Hello gurus ,

thanks for your help and guidance whenever i have asked. you guys are amazing. well i am just bit confused about spouse visa . well i was not taking salary i and my wife just started taking salary from my own company on part time basis. i just booked my premium slot for Sheffield next week for 10 years ILR. after getting this i want to convert my wife visa as well so for this i consulted with my accountant he said yes you can use both part time jobs to get spouse visa. but confusion is went to one solicitor he said as you are taking salary from your own company so you have to wait for financial year ending . then you can apply for spouse visa . but my accountant said its not mandatory. so what you think gurus will i need financial year report of my own company or i can apply as soon as i get 6 months bank statement ?

thanks

yazztech

Post by yazztech » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:00 am

Hello Gurus,

just stuck in couple of questions to answer for the application of set LR .

D11. Please state what ties you have with:
• The country where you were born.
• Any country whose nationality you hold.
• Any country where you have lived for more than five years.
You should tell us about any family, friends or other connections with that country.

AND

E14 Please state what social, cultural and family ties you have with:
• The country where you were born.
• Any other country whose nationality you hold.
• Any country where you have lived for more than five years.
You should tell us about any family, friends, or other connections with that country.

what answers i should put really i am not getting that question it is the same question asked twice. or do we have to answer like country : INDiA >> ties : born there ?

one more question .

E13. How long have you lived in the UK?
years months

i am going on 22 days early as per 28 days rule / policy . so shall i write 10 years or 9 years and 11 months ?

i am so confused about it.

please guru help.

thanks

Star101

Post by Star101 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:40 am

Hi Zimba
what about if someone's wife in this country june 2011 , and the main applicant currently on Tier Entrepreneur but completing 10years in septmeber going to window for ILR in september , does her wife able to apply ILR with him.
initially PSW dependent then tier entrepreneur dependent
advice highly appreciated
thanks

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:09 am

Star101 wrote:Hi Zimba
what about if someone's wife in this country june 2011 , and the main applicant currently on Tier Entrepreneur but completing 10years in septmeber going to window for ILR in september , does her wife able to apply ILR with him.
initially PSW dependent then tier entrepreneur dependent
advice highly appreciated
thanks
Stick to your own thread :!:
indefinite-leave-to-remain/10-years-ilr-t234844.html

yazztech

Post by yazztech » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:45 pm

Hello zimba.

Please as before you helped me loads of time .. i need your help again in this matter. please can you guide me which i asked above please.

thanks

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:18 pm

Answer that you have parents or relative in India.
You can say you lived here 9 years and 11 months

yazztech

Post by yazztech » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:26 pm

yazztech wrote:Hello gurus ,

thanks for your help and guidance whenever i have asked. you guys are amazing. well i am just bit confused about spouse visa . well i was not taking salary i and my wife just started taking salary from my own company on part time basis. i just booked my premium slot for Sheffield next week for 10 years ILR. after getting this i want to convert my wife visa as well so for this i consulted with my accountant he said yes you can use both part time jobs to get spouse visa. but confusion is went to one solicitor he said as you are taking salary from your own company so you have to wait for financial year ending . then you can apply for spouse visa . but my accountant said its not mandatory. so what you think gurus will i need financial year report of my own company or i can apply as soon as i get 6 months bank statement ?

thanks

thanks zimba for your help . finally i filled up the application form. just need guidance in this matter. thanks again really appreciate your time and help.

thanks.