ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR on hold due to benefit claim alert on home office system

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ilrguide2
Newly Registered

ILR on hold due to benefit claim alert on home office system

Post by ilrguide2 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:13 am

Hi All,

I am on Tier 2 General and had a premium service appointment last week for my ILR.
I was called by the caseworker and asked if i have claimed any benefit as the home office system have got an alert about a benefit claim by me. I told the caseworker that I have never ever claimed any benefit.

She asked me to wait for some time so she can consult with the senior caseworker, after a while she again called me handed out the further inquiries required letter saying that they need to verify this with DWP.

After leaving the centre I called DWP and they confirmed that I have never ever claimed any benefit to them, DWP also sent me a letter confirming this. I posted the DWP letter directly to the caseworker through special delivery along with a cover letter.
I have still not got any update on my ILR application.

Have anyone in this forum come across a similar case like mine?, please can anyone advice me the best option for me to speed up the process for my ILR application as it is almost 10 days now.

Also my current COS is only till 15th July, not sure if I can then continue working with my employer after this date, please can anyone advice?

Regards,
Ilrguide2

uktierone

Re: ILR on hold due to benefit claim alert on home office sy

Post by uktierone » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:20 am

Hi - Did HO specify which benefit you have claimed for ?

ilrguide2
Newly Registered

Post by ilrguide2 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:23 am

No, Caseworker said the system does not show what type of benefit, it just flashed an alert.
I am really frustrated, when you call UKVI they say they cannot give update on application and neither their application status link is recognising my case id number.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:46 am

The UKVI will have to confirm this directly with DWP. You probably have to be patient and wait a bit longer
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ilrguide2
Newly Registered

Post by ilrguide2 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:54 am

I agree with you but if I can get a letter from DWP in 3 days then i don't understand why it should take more time for UKVI as both they and DWP are government departments and they should be having a internal system to get in touch with each other.
More upsetting is that neither the application status link recognises your case id and neither the UKVI customer services can give an update to you.
Since all my documents and decision letter will be be posted to my solicitor, I am a bit worried that if the post gets misplaced on the way I will not even come to know about this as I cannot find out whats the status of my application.

ilrguide2
Newly Registered

Post by ilrguide2 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:21 pm

Hi All,

My ILR is approved today. Thanks for your support.

Regards,
ilrguide2

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by makky86 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:33 pm

ilrguide2 wrote:Hi All,

My ILR is approved today. Thanks for your support.

Regards,
ilrguide2
Congraltions... QQ did you have to submit 5 years p60?
II Youths a stuff neve endures II

ilrguide2
Newly Registered

Post by ilrguide2 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:38 pm

I carried the P60's and HMRC employment history letter as well but the caseworker never asked for it.
The caseworker did asked for P45 of previous employer.