ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Decided

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

scantybat
Newly Registered

Decided

Post by scantybat » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:00 pm

Using this link,

https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... visastatus

I got a page saying that it has been 'decided', updated on the 24th of June, but I have received no email confirmation of this. The first email that I got from them saying they had received my application also said that they would notify me when a decision had been made and when my documents had been sent. I tried tracking the DHL package using the number they gave me, but it says the package does not exist. I am also worried because I am in Canada, where they said they would send all my stuff back to me, but for some reason they want to send my biometric card to the UK to a post office near to where my husband lives. I will only have 30 days to get to the UK and collect it from the time it arrives. What if it has been delivered and it is waiting there now? Where are my documents? What is the decision? It says I should receive something in the post within 10 days of the 24th, but I find it odd that I haven't gotten an email saying anything.

And to make it worse, I paid the stupid 5 pound charge to email them about my application, and they gave me an answer that did not help at all, so I pushed further and they told me my application was 'awaiting decision.' she told me this AFTER the 24th, so I don't know whether to believe the link that says 'decided,' or the email from the woman saying 'awaiting decision.'

Not knowing ANYTHING is driving me absolutely insane. Is anyone else in this situation?

Obie
Ireland

Re: Decided

Post by Obie » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:21 pm

The system is wholly inconsistent.

I received 3 decisions this week, but on the system it says awaiting decision.

There are 2 i am waiting for, it says decided, but no decision received yet.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Ashapasha
Newly Registered

Post by Ashapasha » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:28 pm

My application also said 'Decided' on the online tracker since 24 June.

I got a text to collect the passport today. (Biometrics enrolled in Pakistan)

Hopefully you'll get a call/email within 10 days.

bathanza

Post by bathanza » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:46 pm

Obie wrote:The system is wholly inconsistent.

The system is a trial system so it's a BIG shame that there are issues of inconsistencies.

Husband's timeline - overstayer 11 yrs
08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit
08/18 - FLR FP (Partner) PSC - Approved
07/20 - FLR FP to FLR M Switch - Approved, 03/23 FLR M Ext Approved.

mb7891

Post by mb7891 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:01 pm

bathanza wrote:

The system is a trial system so it's a BIG shame that there are issues of inconsistencies.
Also to add this is officially for applications made inside the UK

rankaseye
Nigeria

Post by rankaseye » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:15 am

i checked mine as well it was decided but nothing received yet.

waiting for my documents to be sent back.

FXR_1340
Member of Standing

Post by FXR_1340 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:21 pm

scantybat wrote:Using this link,

I got a page saying that it has been 'decided', updated on the 24th of June, but I have received no email confirmation of this. The first email that I got from them saying they had received my application also said that they would notify me when a decision had been made and when my documents had been sent. I tried tracking the DHL package using the number they gave me, but it says the package does not exist. I am also worried because I am in Canada, where they said they would send all my stuff back to me, but for some reason they want to send my biometric card to the UK to a post office near to where my husband lives. I will only have 30 days to get to the UK and collect it from the time it arrives. What if it has been delivered and it is waiting there now? Where are my documents? What is the decision? It says I should receive something in the post within 10 days of the 24th, but I find it odd that I haven't gotten an email saying anything.

And to make it worse, I paid the stupid 5 pound charge to email them about my application, and they gave me an answer that did not help at all, so I pushed further and they told me my application was 'awaiting decision.' she told me this AFTER the 24th, so I don't know whether to believe the link that says 'decided,' or the email from the woman saying 'awaiting decision.'

Not knowing ANYTHING is driving me absolutely insane. Is anyone else in this situation?
Thanks for the link. We will keep an eye on it.

Sorry to hear the confusion you are experiencing. It is very frustrating.

I also understand your annoyance about paying money (regardless how little) and receiving a pointless response. Same thing has just happened to me. The reply pointed me to the website and just reiterated what I already knew!

Less than helpful. Most annoying.

For starters, I just want to know when the 90 working days count down begins. Is it when the documents are received in Sheffield or at the appointment when the biometrics were taken in New Jersey?

I think thats a simple question.

Kokab223
Newly Registered

Post by Kokab223 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:15 pm

The tracker shows my decision has been made since 9th July aswell but haven't recieved an email or collection text. For my documents back yesterday though

Sweetlarkee

Post by Sweetlarkee » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:41 pm

FXR_1340 wrote:
scantybat wrote:Using this link,

Thanks for the link. We will keep an eye on it.

Sorry to hear the confusion you are experiencing. It is very frustrating.

I also understand your annoyance about paying money (regardless how little) and receiving a pointless response. Same thing has just happened to me. The reply pointed me to the website and just reiterated what I already knew!

Less than helpful. Most annoying.

For starters, I just want to know when the 90 working days count down begins. Is it when the documents are received in Sheffield or at the appointment when the biometrics were taken in New Jersey?

I think thats a simple question.

I rang them up today to be told that my application was still 'awaiting approval'. I asked the lady when this was last updated and she told me 9 May which is the date my husband did his biometrics. I am currently on my 9th week since application, does that mean my application hasnt even been looked at? Its very hard to believe they would have checke sit on the same day as they recieved it?!

Kokab223
Newly Registered

Post by Kokab223 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:58 am

I rang them up today to be told that my application was still 'awaiting approval'. I asked the lady when this was last updated and she told me 9 May which is the date my husband did his biometrics. I am currently on my 9th week since application, does that mean my application hasnt even been looked at? Its very hard to believe they would have checke sit on the same day as they recieved it?![/quote]

Waiting approval means they are looking at it the same thing happened to me they said last the status was updated on the day my husband gave his biometric but on 9th July it said on the online tracker that my case is decided so don't worry they should be looking at it

Sweetlarkee

Post by Sweetlarkee » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:38 am

Kokab223 wrote:I rang them up today to be told that my application was still 'awaiting approval'. I asked the lady when this was last updated and she told me 9 May which is the date my husband did his biometrics. I am currently on my 9th week since application, does that mean my application hasnt even been looked at? Its very hard to believe they would have checke sit on the same day as they recieved it?!
Waiting approval means they are looking at it the same thing happened to me they said last the status was updated on the day my husband gave his biometric but on 9th July it said on the online tracker that my case is decided so don't worry they should be looking at it[/quote]

That's so ridiculous, I actually became so upset with the fact they may have not even checked my application. It's becoming so hard to stay patient now! Did you apply using the priority service? It seems like people who applied using the non priority service seem to be getting a decision quicker than those who applied using priority. I check the tracker 100 times in a day and it still keeps saying gwf number not recognised.

FXR_1340
Member of Standing

Post by FXR_1340 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:43 pm

mb7891 wrote:
bathanza wrote:

Also to add this is officially for applications made inside the UK
Its only for applications made inside the UK!?!

Our application was made in New Jersey so I guess there is no point in using the link.

Apart from telephone or emailIs are there any other means to check on the progress of our application?