ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa from India - procedure and age of documents

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

vtaneja

Spouse visa from India - procedure and age of documents

Post by vtaneja » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:02 am

Hi Experts,

I am a British National and my wife has an Indian passport. Both of us used to live in London from 2008-2015. Since 2015 we have been travelling around the world and also spending some time in India. We are about to apply for my wife's spouse visa from VFS New Delhi.

a) Could anyone please share the sequence of events for the application process? So we need to submit all documents at VFS Delhi and then also courier documents to Sheffield?

b) One of the bank statements that we'll be using is till 8th June. If our appointment at VFS delhi is on 6th July, will the bank statement be fine? or does it have to be 28 days from when we send the documents to Sheffield?

Would appreciate some information on this. As always, thanks a lot for the immense help on this forum.

Thanks

mb7891

Re: Spouse visa from India - procedure and age of documents

Post by mb7891 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:34 pm

vtaneja wrote:a) Could anyone please share the sequence of events for the application process? So we need to submit all documents at VFS Delhi and then also courier documents to Sheffield?
Once you have submitted your application online and paid, you submit the passport and printed application forms at VFS Centre, the supporting documents are sent to Sheffield.
vtaneja wrote:b) One of the bank statements that we'll be using is till 8th June. If our appointment at VFS delhi is on 6th July, will the bank statement be fine? or does it have to be 28 days from when we send the documents to Sheffield?
The last statement should not be more than 28 days from when you submit and pay for application online. the date the application was submitted online will be printed on the form[

Here is link to VFS site that explains the process

http://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/india/pdf/In ... icants.pdf

vtaneja

Post by vtaneja » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:43 pm

Thanks a lot mb7891 - really appreciate your prompt reply :)

I also wanted to ask a couple more questions

a) We lived together in UK from 2008 - 2015 and then left to travel. Ever since, we have been travelling together. Do we need to show any proof that we have been living together since 2008 (when we got married) ?

b) Do we need to show any proof of us living in UK from 2008-2015 or of my employment in UK from 2008-2015?

We are planning to apply under the cash savings route.

Thanks a lot once again

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:50 pm

vtaneja wrote:Thanks a lot mb7891 - really appreciate your prompt reply :)

I also wanted to ask a couple more questions

a) We lived together in UK from 2008 - 2015 and then left to travel. Ever since, we have been travelling together. Do we need to show any proof that we have been living together since 2008 (when we got married) ?

b) Do we need to show any proof of us living in UK from 2008-2015 or of my employment in UK from 2008-2015?

We are planning to apply under the cash savings route.

Thanks a lot once again
No, not required.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vtaneja

Post by vtaneja » Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:00 pm

Thanks a lot once again for the quick reply :)

Apologies but I just had a doubt after reading mb7891's response again - according to mp7891's response, the date of the application will be when I submit it online and pay for it, right?

So the cash savings that we have to show that have been in our accounts for 6 months, those are counted from the day we submit the application online or the day we go for our appointment to VFS?

Sorry if this is a stupid question but would like to be clear than be sorry later :)

Thanks a lot

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:02 pm

Submit online and pay.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vtaneja

Post by vtaneja » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:49 am

Thanks CR0001 :-)

As the application date approaches, we are faced with some more questions, so would be really grateful if you could shed some light on this:

a) For accommodation, we will be showing that we'll be staying with a close friend until we find suitable accommodation for ourselves. My friend has already sent us the copies of title deed, council tax, and his passport. I want to know if it's ok to submit a scanned copy of the letter of invitation from him or does that have to be original. My wife and I are both in India at the moment, and my friend is in London, so if we can submit a scanned copy of the invitation letter, that would be easier for all of us. Can we?

b) The friend (who I have spoken about above), has a shortened name on his council tax bill. To use a fictional analogy, let's say his name on the passport is Mandeepan, but he has always used Mandeep. So the name on the passport and title deed is Mandeepan, but on council tax is Mandeep. In all probability, the invitation letter he'll write will also say Mandeep since that is what he is used to now. Will this be an issue?

c) The supporting documents that should be sent to Sheffield, I have read that there is some confusion as to which address to send it to - I have read there are 2 PO boxes. Which is the correct one? Also, my wife and I are both in India at the moment, so I called a few courier companies here and they said they don't deliver to PO boxes. How have people from India sent their documents to Sheffield then?

Thank you SO much for all your help :)

vtaneja

Post by vtaneja » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:10 pm

Hi All,

Could someone help out with the questions?

Thanks a lot :)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:12 pm

1 & 2 - should be fine yes. Try get an original invitation letter if possible.

3. The application process will tell you where to send the supporting documents.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

vtaneja

Post by vtaneja » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:23 pm

Thank you ever so much :) I will try and get an original letter from my friend.

You mentioned in one of the earlier responses that we don't need to show any proof of us living together in UK from 2008 - 2015. How about from 2015 to now? We have been travelling a lot together and every time we take a break in between travels, we spend time with our parents in India. Do we need to show any proof of us being together in these past 2 years i.e. since we left London in 2015 up till now.

Or will our marriage certificate (we got married in 2008) be enough?

Also, do I need to get my passport (British) copies notarised? If yes, will a copy notarised here in New Delhi be acceptable?

Once again, thank you so much.

vtaneja

Post by vtaneja » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:55 pm

Hey guys,

Sorry for the nudge but thinking of sending the documents in the next couple of days so would be very grateful if someone could shed some light on this :)

Thanks a lot :)

vtaneja

Post by vtaneja » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:38 am

Hey guys,

Can someone chip in with answers? :)

Thanks a lot

vtaneja

Post by vtaneja » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:05 pm

Hey All,

UPDATE: we went in for our biometric appointment at VFS New Delhi and thought I'd share our experience.

Basically, the staff at VFS is clueless if you ask them ANYTHING about the documents. I asked them if I should get my British passport photocopies notarised, they said they couldn't comment. I asked them where we should courier the documents to (to see if they had the latest PO box), in response to which they gave us a printout of the document that can be found here:

http://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/india/pdf/In ... icants.pdf

I believe the PO Box listed in the above document is the old one?

Also, despite the above document stating that supporting documents will no longer be accepted at VAC, they kept asking us if we wanted to avail their "scanning service" - I'd rather they became more professional in their approach than try to peddle services that are no longer required or needed.

Also, the only thing they keep with them is your passport (after scanning it). The form, appendix, TB test, and all other supporting documents will be couriered to Sheffield by us. Overall, it took us an hour to get everything done.

Planning to courier the documents by tomorrow, so would really appreciate some insight on:

a) Should we send the documents to the PO box mentioned in the document above or is there another PO box?

b) Should I get the photocopies of my British passport notarised? Since I am in New Delhi right now, I can only get these notarised by a solicitor here - will these be accepted by UKVI?

c) Since we haven't really had a "permanent address" in the past 2 years that we have been travelling, I am adding the copies of flight bookings to the places we have travelled to - these bookings have both our names. Will these suffice to show that we have been together? For the 6 years before that when we were living in London, I am attaching the council tax statements for all those 6 years.

d) We submitted the application online on 4th July, so that is the application date. Is it ok if we attach bank statements received on 6th July? Of course this statement will be in addition to the ones for the 6 months before 4th July, but I just wanted to know that there is no harm in attaching documents that are dated after the 4th July but we have received them before we send the courier to Sheffield. Also, the TB test was conducted on 6th July - that shouldn't be a problem right?

Look forward to some expert insights. If anyone has any other questions about the experience at VFS New Delhi, please let me know and I will answer at the earliest :)

Thanks