ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa document clarification

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Jon3101
Newly Registered

Spouse visa document clarification

Post by Jon3101 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:51 pm

Hi,

I am sponsoring a spouse visa for my Colombian wife.
I have gathered together all my documents but my passport copy. I am just in need of some clarification to the specifics of some of these documents that I have not been able to find the answers too.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

1. Certified copy of passport; do I need a copy of every page of my passport and does every page need to be stamped and certified by a public notary?

2. Sponsor letter; does this have to be signed in front of a public notary and then stamped before I send it to my wife for her to present?

3. Financial requirement; my gross annual salary is £30,000. I took out a £5000 loan at the end of April to help pay for my wedding at the end of May. The total repayment of the loan is £5477 over 12 months. As I still meet the financial requirement to sponsor my wife even with the loan deducted from my salary. Should I write a sentence on in my sponsorship letter explaining the £5000 deposit into my bank account?

4. Payslips; I have currently my last 5 most recent payslips... along with 12 months of payslips printed on 1 sheet of company headed paper and stamped by the salaries department. Will this be okay for the copied payslips or do they need to be accompanied by signed bit of paper confirming they are authentic?

5. Dates on letters; Do all the letters being submitted for evidence need to be dated no more than 28 days before the online application is submitted for example the letter from work, the bank, bank statements, housing agreement etc? Or is it just the date of the last bank statement and the payslip that can only be 28 days old on the date that the online application is made? For example if my bank statements are dated from the 14th of June and we will be submitting the online application on the 14th of July is it okay to just get bank statements to fill from the 14th of June until now... or would I have to get the full 6 months printed again so that the date on the top of the statements are no less than 28 days old?

6. Form SU07/12; do I need this form if I am sponsoring my spouse?

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.

mb7891

Re: Spouse visa document clarification

Post by mb7891 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:12 am

Hi
Jon3101 wrote:Certified copy of passport; do I need a copy of every page of my passport and does every page need to be stamped and certified by a public notary?
- No just the bio data and the visit stamps as part of your application
Jon3101 wrote:2. Sponsor letter; does this have to be signed in front of a public notary and then stamped before I send it to my wife for her to present?
- No
Jon3101 wrote:Financial requirement; my gross annual salary is £30,000. I took out a £5000 loan at the end of April to help pay for my wedding at the end of May. The total repayment of the loan is £5477 over 12 months. As I still meet the financial requirement to sponsor my wife even with the loan deducted from my salary. Should I write a sentence on in my sponsorship letter explaining the £5000 deposit into my bank account?
- No , you do not need to explain any loans, requirement is from income from employment and your is above the minimum.
Jon3101 wrote:Payslips; I have currently my last 5 most recent payslips... along with 12 months of payslips printed on 1 sheet of company headed paper and stamped by the salaries department. Will this be okay for the copied payslips or do they need to be accompanied by signed bit of paper confirming they are authentic?
better to wait until you have 6 most recent payslips. You should include a letter from your employer confirming the details of the employment (perm or temp, length, rate of salary, and job title)
Jon3101 wrote:5. Dates on letters; Do all the letters being submitted for evidence need to be dated no more than 28 days before the online application is submitted for example the letter from work, the bank, bank statements, housing agreement etc? Or is it just the date of the last bank statement and the payslip that can only be 28 days old on the date that the online application is made? For example if my bank statements are dated from the 14th of June and we will be submitting the online application on the 14th of July is it okay to just get bank statements to fill from the 14th of June until now... or would I have to get the full 6 months printed again so that the date on the top of the statements are no less than 28 days old?
Any financial documents should not be earlier than 28 days of the day the application is submitted online. By submitted online is when you pay for your application and submit it.
Jon3101 wrote:6. Form SU07/12; do I need this form if I am sponsoring my spouse?
Not Required

Jon3101
Newly Registered

Post by Jon3101 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:06 am

Hi thanks for the reply,
Jon3101 wrote:Payslips; I have currently my last 5 most recent payslips... along with 12 months of payslips printed on 1 sheet of company headed paper and stamped by the salaries department. Will this be okay for the copied payslips or do they need to be accompanied by signed bit of paper confirming they are authentic?
better to wait until you have 6 most recent payslips. You should include a letter from your employer confirming the details of the employment (perm or temp, length, rate of salary, and job title)

I should have added these are weekly payslips, which is why I've had to get my company to give me copies. The copies look nothing like the originals though. Check, I have a letter from my employee with those details.
Jon3101 wrote:5. Dates on letters; Do all the letters being submitted for evidence need to be dated no more than 28 days before the online application is submitted for example the letter from work, the bank, bank statements, housing agreement etc? Or is it just the date of the last bank statement and the payslip that can only be 28 days old on the date that the online application is made? For example if my bank statements are dated from the 14th of June and we will be submitting the online application on the 14th of July is it okay to just get bank statements to fill from the 14th of June until now... or would I have to get the full 6 months printed again so that the date on the top of the statements are no less than 28 days old?
Any financial documents should not be earlier than 28 days of the day the application is submitted online. By submitted online is when you pay for your application and submit it.

Would that include my letter from work which shows my gross annual salary?

Thanks.

Jon3101
Newly Registered

Appendix 2 - Q1.17 & Q1.19 help needed.

Post by Jon3101 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:18 am

Hi,

I'm struggling to answer these two questions,

1.17. Provide details of how long you have been in a relationship akin to marriage or a civil partnership with your sponsor?

1.19. Have you lived with your sponsor in a relationship akin to marriage or civil partnership at any time (including since your wedding or civil partnership ceremony)?

Why do the guidance notes for question 1.17 ask you to provide details of when and where you lived together and for how long when it appears that is the question they are asking in 1.19?

I'm confused here.

My wife was going to answer like this;

1.17. Me and my husband we're in a relationship for 13 months before getting married. We have never lived together officially. We spent the best part of April, May, June and July 2016 in England living together, we both lived in different houses with separate contracts that we both paid, but during these months we either stayed mainly at my house or at my husbands house where we slept together ate together and we basically lived together as we were eating and sleeping under the same roof.

1.19 While me and my husband have never lived together official by that we have never had both of our names on the same housing contract. We spent the best part of April, May, June and July 2016 in England living together, we both lived in different houses with separate contracts that we both paid, but during these months we either stayed mainly at my house or at my husbands house where we slept together ate together and we were eating and sleeping under the same roof.

We also added an extra bit about the holidays we've had together 6 weeks in total where in email address removed by moderator we have shared a room and lived together.

Are these answers correct/sufficient?

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:49 pm

It is not necessary to start a new topic with each question you have. Keep ALL questions on the same application in this thread (topics now merged).

See also Multiple Posts (click)

Also, please refrain from posting any form of personal contact information (email/social media/phone etc) on the forum, it is not permitted.

Read me - Getting Started Top 25 FAQs (click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Joa3101
inactive

Spouse visa sponsor... what documents need certifying?

Post by Joa3101 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:39 pm

I've been looking everywhere and I can't seem to find the answer.... my husband is telling me I need to take all of my documents to a public notary and get them certified;

Sponsorship letter
Passport copy
Bank statements
Letter from bank
Payslips
Letter from work confirming employment and salary
Tenancy agreement
Letter from the landlord

Could someone please tell me which of the above need certifying for a spouse visa, I'm a little confused here.

Thanks for any help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:41 pm

CR001 wrote:It is not necessary to start a new topic with each question you have. Keep ALL questions on the same application in this thread (topics now merged).

Also, please refrain from posting any form of personal contact information (email/social media/phone etc) on the forum, it is not permitted.

Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Casa

Re: Spouse visa sponsor... what documents need certifying?

Post by Casa » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:42 pm

Joa3101 wrote: Passport copy
Only this.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse visa sponsor... what documents need certifying?

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:42 pm

Joa3101 wrote:I've been looking everywhere and I can't seem to find the answer.... my husband is telling me I need to take all of my documents to a public notary and get them certified;

Sponsorship letter
Passport copy
Bank statements
Letter from bank
Payslips
Tenancy agreement
Letter from the landlord

Could someone please tell me which of the above need certifying for a spouse visa, I'm a little confused here.

Thanks for any help.
Why have you register a new username? Multiple usernames is not permitted on the forum. Decide which you wish to keep and the other will be deactivated.

Multiple member IDs (click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Joa3101
inactive

Post by Joa3101 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:48 pm

Casa wrote:
Only this.
How do you know this? Where did you find this information?

Joa3101
inactive

Post by Joa3101 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:53 pm

CR001 wrote:
Joa3101 wrote:I've been looking everywhere and I can't seem to find the answer.... my husband is telling me I need to take all of my documents to a public notary and get them certified;

Sponsorship letter
Passport copy
Bank statements
Letter from bank
Payslips
Tenancy agreement
Letter from the landlord

Thanks for any help.
Why have you register a new username? Multiple usernames is not permitted on the forum. Decide which you wish to keep and the other will be deactivated.

Multiple member IDs (click)
So sorry my wife wanted an account as well to be able to post a new thread about this question that she's driving me crazy about... we will delete joa3101.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:54 pm

Joa3101 wrote:
Casa wrote:
Only this.
It is required as you are sending copies. All other documents you send must be original.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Jon3101
Newly Registered

Post by Jon3101 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:04 pm

CR001 wrote:
Joa3101 wrote:
Casa wrote:
Only this.
It is required as you are sending copies. All other documents you send must be original.
I am having to send copies of my payslips because I don't have all the originals. Would they need certifying by notary then?

Thanks.

Jon3101
Newly Registered

Post by Jon3101 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:10 pm

CR001 wrote:It is not necessary to start a new topic with each question you have. Keep ALL questions on the same application in this thread (topics now merged).

That was done completly by accident... if you read the sentence I'm sure you can see that.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:20 pm

A document can only be legally certified when the certifier has sight of the original. :idea:

Ask your employer to verify the payslip copies, by signing and stamping them with the company stamp.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Jon3101
Newly Registered

Post by Jon3101 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:38 pm

Casa wrote:A document can only be legally certified when the certifier has sight of the original. :idea:

Ask your employer to verify the payslip copies, by signing and stamping them with the company stamp.
Perfect, thank you.

Jon3101
Newly Registered

Bank statements date on top of letter

Post by Jon3101 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:48 pm

I am applying for my spouse visa online on the 14th of July.

I had bank statements from the bank for the last 6 months dated upto the 14th of June.

Can I use these bank statements along with the bank statements I'm going to get for the period from the 14th of June until now?

Or do I have to get them as new so that date on the top of the letter is no older then 28days or does that not matter at all.
Your help is really appreciated, thanks.

metanoia
Pakistan

Post by metanoia » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:06 am

Bank statements, pay slips, employment letter should not be more than 28 days old at the time of online application submission

Jon3101
Newly Registered

Re: Spouse visa sponsor letter declaration needed.

Post by Jon3101 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:31 am

Good morning, thanks for the help so far I'm nearly there which is exciting.

I've completed my sponsorship letter.

Do I need to include a declaration at the bottom or is that not needed for this visa type?

Thanks in advance.