ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General : dependent VISA

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

iAshish
Newly Registered

Tier 2 General : dependent VISA

Post by iAshish » Thu May 25, 2017 9:40 am

Hello,
Info: I am Indian national. Working in the UK since March 2015 on 'General Tier 2 VISA' valid for 5 years.

Question: I am getting married on 2nd of July this year in India. My future wife is an Indian national who has never traveled to any other country before. I know that I will be applying for dependent VISA for her. Can someone please advise me what VISA category should I chose while applying online. I am not sure which category to choose when initiating the Online application on the website.

Also, it would be great to hear from someone who has gone through a similar situation as mine and has the detailed information about the whole procedure.

Thanks and Regards,
Ashish

krisv

Re: Tier 2 General : dependent VISA

Post by krisv » Thu May 25, 2017 11:09 am

The procedure for application of PBS dependant visa is as follows:

1. TB Test:

TB test can be done approximately 6 months prior to visa application. Please use the link below to find authorised TB test centres and should only be done here. Other hospitals are not acceptable.

https://www.gov.uk/tb-test-visa/overview

The hospital would ask for UK passport photographs and your wife's passport (original & photocopy). They would mention this during appointment booking.

2. Visa Application:

Visa application is done online. Please use the link to register and create an account. You would have to pay the visa fees, Immigration Health Surcharge & book the appointment at VFS Global.

https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/home/welcome

Please Note: In the application, it would ask for main applicant details. The main applicant would be you, with the tier 2 visa and not your wife.

Information required during visa application:

a. Both passport numbers and addresses
b. Your biometric residence permit number.
c. Your certificate of sponsorship number (this would also be on the biometric residence permit)
d. Your employer's address, job title, employment start date & end date (current visa expiry date) & home address in UK.
e. Wife's parents details including date and place of birth.
f. When entering your wife's address, please enter the address on passport or permanent residence (parent's add.)
g. Maintenance requirement - whether company is providing a letter stating that they are providing maintenance or whether doing so with own funds.

3. Documents required:

1. wife's Passport

2. Copy of husband's Passport and Biometric Residence Permit

3. Pre-departure Tuberculosis Test Certificate

4. Husband's proof of employment

5. Husband's Bank Statements

6. Husband's Payslips

7. Marriage Certificate

8. Wedding Invitations

9. Wedding Photographs

10. Proof of sustained relationship (WhatsApp and Skype screenshots)

11. Tenancy Agreement

Note: Please get a letter from your employer. The letter should contain:

a. Name and position within the company
b. Work address
c. Employment start date
d. Current salary
e. If employer is certifying maintenance, this should be mentioned.
f. A statement that the employment is secure

4. Document requirements:

Tenancy Agreement: It would also be beneficial to get a letter from the landlord that they have no objections for your wife to come and stay at the property.

Bank Statements: 3 months Bank statements should be original, printed on bank letter head or should be statements printed at bank with a stamp on each page and a letter accompanying from the bank stating that the documents are genuine. The latest statement should be less than one month old at the time of application.

Payslips: 3 months payslips, original or e-payslips with company stamp and letter from HR/Finance stating payslips are genuine.

Proof of sustained relationship: Skype/Whatsapp screen shots, Call Log from mobile company, going as far back as possible.

5. Maintenance funds:

For just dependant application : £630

The funds should be maintained for 3 months and should not go below £630 in that period. It is recommended to have more than £630. Thee bank balances can be a mix of UK and Indian accounts.

Please read dependant visa guidance:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/ ... n_2017.pdf

6. English language requirement: There is no english language requirement for PBS dependant visa. The language requirement would only arise when applying for settlement type visas.

I hope this is comprehensive enough and helpful.

iAshish
Newly Registered

Post by iAshish » Thu May 25, 2017 12:56 pm

Hi krisv,

Thanks a lot for the info. Actually I have registered myself to start filling the application form. I have doubts while selecting the right VISA type:
1. Reason for Visit
2. VISA type
3. VISA sub type

My best guess is not working and when I chose different options like:
1. Reason for Visit = WORK
2. VISA type = TIER 2 GENERAL
3. VISA sub type = GENERAL MIGRANT up to 3 years

The doubt with these choices is that nowhere it says 'Dependent' and also so you think 'WORK' is the right reason to chose to VISIT for a dependent wife?

Thanks and Regards,
Ashish

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 25, 2017 3:03 pm

You should register your 'wife' as the applicant NOT you as you are not applying.

You should also only apply once you are married.
You need to select PARTNER
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

iAshish
Newly Registered

Post by iAshish » Fri May 26, 2017 4:19 pm

Hi CR001,

Thanks for your advice.
Yes, I know it should be my future wife who should register for the application. I meant to help her in filling the application form and we both would know the registration details.

Also, I gathered this info that I can start the application process anytime but I will only be able to submit it once I will have my marriage certificate.

I am still in doubt as the application form itself is not a problem but the Questions which I need to answer before I get to the application form are puzzling.

Anyways big thanks to all.
cheers, Ashish

cool_doc
Newly Registered

Post by cool_doc » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:56 am

Hello
iAshish wrote:Hi krisv,

Thanks a lot for the info. Actually I have registered myself to start filling the application form. I have doubts while selecting the right VISA type:
1. Reason for Visit
2. VISA type
3. VISA sub type

My best guess is not working and when I chose different options like:
1. Reason for Visit = WORK
2. VISA type = TIER 2 GENERAL

The doubt with these choices is that nowhere it says 'Dependent' and also so you think 'WORK' is the right reason to chose to VISIT for a dependent wife?

Thanks and Regards,
Ashish
I am in similar position as yours, but what I think is for PBS DEPENDANT (TIER 2 dependant) options should be
1. Reason for Visit = Work
2. Visa type = Tier 2 General
3. Visa sub type - we need to fill in PARTNER up to 3 years.
Others please correct me if I am wrong.

cool_doc
Newly Registered

Post by cool_doc » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:59 am

krisv wrote:The procedure for application of PBS dependant visa is as follows:

1. TB Test:

TB test can be done approximately 6 months prior to visa application. Please use the link below to find authorised TB test centres and should only be done here. Other hospitals are not acceptable.

https://www.gov.uk/tb-test-visa/overview

The hospital would ask for UK passport photographs and your wife's passport (original & photocopy). They would mention this during appointment booking.

2. Visa Application:

Visa application is done online. Please use the link to register and create an account. You would have to pay the visa fees, Immigration Health Surcharge & book the appointment at VFS Global.

https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/home/welcome

Please Note: In the application, it would ask for main applicant details. The main applicant would be you, with the tier 2 visa and not your wife.

Information required during visa application:

a. Both passport numbers and addresses
b. Your biometric residence permit number.
c. Your certificate of sponsorship number (this would also be on the biometric residence permit)
d. Your employer's address, job title, employment start date & end date (current visa expiry date) & home address in UK.
e. Wife's parents details including date and place of birth.
f. When entering your wife's address, please enter the address on passport or permanent residence (parent's add.)
g. Maintenance requirement - whether company is providing a letter stating that they are providing maintenance or whether doing so with own funds.

3. Documents required:

1. wife's Passport

2. Copy of husband's Passport and Biometric Residence Permit

3. Pre-departure Tuberculosis Test Certificate

4. Husband's proof of employment

5. Husband's Bank Statements

6. Husband's Payslips

7. Marriage Certificate

8. Wedding Invitations

9. Wedding Photographs

10. Proof of sustained relationship (WhatsApp and Skype screenshots)

11. Tenancy Agreement

Note: Please get a letter from your employer. The letter should contain:

a. Name and position within the company
b. Work address
c. Employment start date
d. Current salary
e. If employer is certifying maintenance, this should be mentioned.
f. A statement that the employment is secure

4. Document requirements:

Tenancy Agreement: It would also be beneficial to get a letter from the landlord that they have no objections for your wife to come and stay at the property.

Bank Statements: 3 months Bank statements should be original, printed on bank letter head or should be statements printed at bank with a stamp on each page and a letter accompanying from the bank stating that the documents are genuine. The latest statement should be less than one month old at the time of application.

Payslips: 3 months payslips, original or e-payslips with company stamp and letter from HR/Finance stating payslips are genuine.

Proof of sustained relationship: Skype/Whatsapp screen shots, Call Log from mobile company, going as far back as possible.

5. Maintenance funds:

For just dependant application : £630

The funds should be maintained for 3 months and should not go below £630 in that period. It is recommended to have more than £630. Thee bank balances can be a mix of UK and Indian accounts.

Please read dependant visa guidance:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/ ... n_2017.pdf

6. English language requirement: There is no english language requirement for PBS dependant visa. The language requirement would only arise when applying for settlement type visas.

I hope this is comprehensive enough and helpful.
This is really usefull comprehensive list. Thanks for sharing that.
I think from April 2017, Criminal Check Certificate is also needed.

Scotland2017
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by Scotland2017 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:07 pm

I have the same situation but we are not married yet. But we’ve been together for almost 9 years now and we have a three year old son. Will i do the same process as this one and we’ll just get married here in UK after coming over? Please help. Answers will be deeply appreciated.

billallme
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by billallme » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:29 pm

Do the above mentioned documents need to be submitted in the UK or the country where the application is being submitted?

Thanks
Bilal