ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sending application Sat morning: final check

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

pred02

Sending application Sat morning: final check

Post by pred02 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:06 pm

Hi,
I am sending my application Saturday morning as I get my new passport tomorrow. Just a final check to see if anything is missing or irregular. I submitted my application online VAF9 and the payment went through. I got my biometrics done on Wednesday, however as I did not have any pages on my passport I had to request a new passport which should be ready to pick up tomorrow.

1. Online application form print out - with the passport number updated (crossed out) and date of travel updated as I requested Jan 20th, 2010 where as I paid and applied October 15th, 2010. I will put the date of January 14, 2010 as the date of travel. Also will attach a letter explaining why I adjusted the passport number. Do you think I should include my old passport as well as my new one?

2. 2 photographs UK passport style attached to the online form
3. A letter stating additional travel outside my home country in the last ten years as well as all my travel to the UK in the last 10 years as the online form does not have enough space.
4. The appendix application (Oct 1 2009 form) filled out by hand
5. A covering letter summarizing all additional documentation included.
6. Age assessment - covering letter plus passport with DOB
7. Qualifications - original degree from UK university for my MSc program that has the date issued, my name, name of qualification, and degree issued. Also original transcript as I have one on hand
8. Previous Earnings Assessment - a letter from my employer indicating in it:
a. my total net and gross earnings for period sept 5, 2008 - sept 4, 2009.
b. net and gross paid out amounts for each of the 30 pay periods in net and gross
c. bank statements from the two banks that received my direct deposit. the bank statements have the stamp on each page, and I used a post-it to indicate the amount deposited. the deposited amounts match the amounts on the letter my employer said (above) for all except $50 which I received a cash card. For the cash card I indicated in the covering letter that it was cash and there is no receipt. The total gross amount is converted to GBP using the last claimed date (Sept 4, 2009) using Oanda. Also have a printout of the Oanda exchange rate on that day attached to the covering letter.
d. original pay stubs from my employer with a letter from my employer stating they are authentic. this is extra but my employer gave them to me and it matches the a. letter above and b. direct deposits
9. UK Experience - a certifying letter from the UK university that states all mentioned in Qualifications above plus the dates I attended the Uni (Sept 04-Sept 05)
10. English language assessment - reference to my US passport
11. Maintenance (Funds) Requirement - reference to the statements from my bank that I used in the "Previous Earnings" section above. The last statement is for Sept 09 and it has transactions up to and including September 30th. On the covering letter for this section I indicated the date of the lowest balance on my account and the UK equivalent using the Oanda rate
12. Additional Information - a contact sheet for the banks, my employer, and my Uni as well as notarized "consent to release" information forms if they wanted to double check allowing my sources to release information about my accounts (this is something they are picky in the US so I already faxed these forms but included them here as well).
13. The Biometrics appointment form.

Finally - in a separate envelope a copy of all stated documents above.

Is there something that I am missing?

I want to help everyone in advance from these forums. Even though I have not submitted yet without you guys I would have missed the fine print that is crucial.

Thanks in advance.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Re: Sending application Sat morning: final check

Post by mvent00 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:56 am

pred02 wrote:Hi,
I am sending my application Saturday morning as I get my new passport tomorrow. Just a final check to see if anything is missing or irregular. I submitted my application online VAF9 and the payment went through. I got my biometrics done on Wednesday, however as I did not have any pages on my passport I had to request a new passport which should be ready to pick up tomorrow.

1. Online application form print out - with the passport number updated (crossed out) and date of travel updated as I requested Jan 20th, 2010 where as I paid and applied October 15th, 2010. I will put the date of January 14, 2010 as the date of travel. Also will attach a letter explaining why I adjusted the passport number. Do you think I should include my old passport as well as my new one? NO, just submit valid passport.

3. A letter stating additional travel outside my home country in the last ten years as well as all my travel to the UK in the last 10 years as the online form does not have enough space.
7. Qualifications - original degree from UK university for my MSc program that has the date issued, my name, name of qualification, and degree issued. Also original transcript as I have one on hand
b. net and gross paid out amounts for each of the 30 pay periods in net and gross
c. bank statements from the two banks that received my direct deposit. the bank statements have the stamp on each page, and I used a post-it to indicate the amount deposited. the deposited amounts match the amounts on the letter my employer said (above) for all except $50 which I received a cash card. For the cash card I indicated in the covering letter that it was cash and there is no receipt. The total gross amount is converted to GBP using the last claimed date (Sept 4, 2009) using Oanda. Also have a printout of the Oanda exchange rate on that day attached to the covering letter.
d. original pay stubs from my employer with a letter from my employer stating they are authentic. this is extra but my employer gave them to me and it matches the a. letter above and b. direct deposits
9. UK Experience - a certifying letter from the UK university that states all mentioned in Qualifications above plus the dates I attended the Uni (Sept 04-Sept 05)
11. Maintenance (Funds) Requirement - reference to the statements from my bank that I used in the "Previous Earnings" section above. The last statement is for Sept 09 and it has transactions up to and including September 30th. On the covering letter for this section I indicated the date of the lowest balance on my account and the UK equivalent using the Oanda rate (exchange rate on date of application i.e., 15 October 2009, right??)
12. Additional Information - a contact sheet for the banks, my employer, and my Uni as well as notarized "consent to release" information forms if they wanted to double check allowing my sources to release information about my accounts (this is something they are picky in the US so I already faxed these forms but included them here as well).

I want to help everyone in advance from these forums. Even though I have not submitted yet without you guys I would have missed the fine print that is crucial.

Thanks in advance.
Excellent preparation for Tier 1. I hope and wish you good luck for your application. Please see blue highlighted parts for two comments.

pred02

Post by pred02 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:47 pm

UK equivalent using the Oanda rate (exchange rate on date of application i.e., 15 October 2009, right??)
Actually, the exchange rate on the date the balance is lowest in the 3 months to prove that it's above the required 2,800 GBP. Is this correct?

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:45 pm

pred02 wrote:
UK equivalent using the Oanda rate (exchange rate on date of application i.e., 15 October 2009, right??)
Actually, the exchange rate on the date the balance is lowest in the 3 months to prove that it's above the required 2,800 GBP. Is this correct?
Yes, that is the minimum balance maintained in three months claimed. But the exchange rate for maintenance funds would be applied as the rate on date of application. Your date of application is 15 October, so you can print out the exchange rate of that date from Oanda.com. Hope that helps.

NitinS
Newly Registered

All the best mate

Post by NitinS » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:25 pm

pred02,

Wishing you all the best for application. Please keep this thread updated about the final outcome as well and your experience during the course.

I hope I can follow your steps when I'll apply for HSMP next year

thanks,
NS :)

mno2uk

Post by mno2uk » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:47 pm

hi did u get ur VISA?

no updates from you yet ...
pred02 wrote:Hi,

1. Online application form print out - with the passport number updated (crossed out) and date of travel updated as I requested Jan 20th, 2010 where as I paid and applied October 15th, 2010. I will put the date of January 14, 2010 as the date of travel. Also will attach a letter explaining why I adjusted the passport number. Do you think I should include my old passport as well as my new one?

11. Maintenance (Funds) Requirement - reference to the statements from my bank that I used in the "Previous Earnings" section above. The last statement is for Sept 09 and it has transactions up to and including September 30th. On the covering letter for this section I indicated the date of the lowest balance on my account and the UK equivalent using the Oanda rate

Thanks in advance.

pred02

Post by pred02 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:49 am

I did get the visa, subsequently extended it in 2013, then ILR in 2015 and UK citizenship in 2016. Thanks all for your help!