ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Zuly1820

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by Zuly1820 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:20 am

Tufail101 wrote:
WHERE DID U CHECK THE STATUS AND WHAT REFRENCE NUMBER WAS LIKE .I HAVE LIKE GWF123456789 BUT NOTHING SHOWN .
Hi Tufail,

https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... visastatus

I checked here and used the GWF number. However I remember trying this a few weeks ago and nothing would appear as well so not sure how efficient it is at seems a beta service yet.

All the best

faisal3100
Newly Registered

Post by faisal3100 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:04 pm

Zuly1820 wrote:Hi guys,

Thanks for the good wishes :)

We haven't received our documents yet! Frustrating how long it takes!

I think processing times will depend on where you are applying from as well. I applied from Mumbai and looks like many of you did too and are experiencing delays.

Funny how rejections are dealt with quicker!

Faisal - thanks for that visa status checker link! It says decided on 12 June for me! I'll give it a few more days before chasing back. Where did you apply from?

All the best everyone!
Hi Zuly,

My wife applied from Lahore, Pakistan. Her application decision was made on June 6, 2017. I sent an email to UKVI yesterday to inquire about her passport as it is mentioned that She should receive it within 10 business days.

Lets see what they respond!

All the best everyone!

Zuly1820

Post by Zuly1820 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:11 pm

faisal3100 wrote:Hi Zuly,

My wife applied from Lahore, Pakistan. Her application decision was made on June 6, 2017. I sent an email to UKVI yesterday to inquire about her passport as it is mentioned that She should receive it within 10 business days.

All the best everyone!
Hi Faisal - thanks!

Yes I gave the enquire service a call today as well (yes I'm getting impatient now lol) and the adviser also said once a decision is made you should receive it within 10 working days - so the adviser escalated it for me to query it with the manager as it has been about 12 working days. Hopefully someone should get in touch very soon InshAllah.

Receiving a positive decision next week would be the dream!!

Keep us posted and all the best :)

Raheela samar
Newly Registered

Post by Raheela samar » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:06 pm

hi zuly and faisal,
how both of you come to know that decision is made in your applications?i was also told that decision is made on my application and still waiting for my passport,when i send mail for status check up of my application they told me that decision is made.but months before when my visa was rejected i recive mail from shiffirld office that they refused my visa.but know they do not send any mail about decision.is this the sign of any positive responce?

Zuly1820

Post by Zuly1820 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:52 pm

Raheela samar wrote:hi zuly and faisal,
how both of you come to know that decision is made in your applications?i was also told that decision is made on my application and still waiting for my passport,when i send mail for status check up of my application they told me that decision is made.but months before when my visa was rejected i recive mail from shiffirld office that they refused my visa.but know they do not send any mail about decision.is this the sign of any positive responce?
Hi Raheela,

I first found out when I contacted the international enquiry service. But also checked here today https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... visastatus and it shows the status as Decided - I used the GWF reference number. So that confirmed it.

It's difficult to say I've read so many different experiences that I think there is no real process and it just depends on the case worker. I think it's rare for people to be informed about the decision through email. The guidelines explain that you should receive an email when a decision is made and once your passport arrives you can check if it was accepted or rejected. However I've read of people getting to know both approvals and rejections through email. When my husband's application was rejected in February we didn't receive any communication about it - we just received a text message from the courier service a week after biometrics saying that the documents were ready to collect. This time I didn't receive any email confirmation either - which is strange as it tends to be a standard thing to do.

So not sure - try calling them. I find calling more effective than emailing.

How long has it been since the decision has been made in your case?

All the best

Zuly

Jgadeep
Newly Registered

Post by Jgadeep » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:39 pm

Hey everyone,

I got an email on thursday stating that the documents have reached the UK Visa office and by evening my hubby received a call...

On Friday, 8:00 am (India time) he got his passport and he got the EEA Family permit :D

Finally the wait is over and we give all of you good wishes :D

Love Heena

Raheela samar
Newly Registered

Post by Raheela samar » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:41 pm

hi zuly,
firstly i came to know about my decision on 19 june by international enqury service but yesterday i check through the link you shered by entring GWF no,there it is written that the decision is made on 6 june.but still waiting for my passport.contact them through mail and they told that they have escalated to relevent department and there is a queue of escalations that why it could take up to 15 working days.

faisal3100
Newly Registered

Post by faisal3100 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:57 pm

Zuly1820 wrote:
faisal3100 wrote:Hi Zuly,

All the best everyone!
Hi Faisal - thanks!

Yes I gave the enquire service a call today as well (yes I'm getting impatient now lol) and the adviser also said once a decision is made you should receive it within 10 working days - so the adviser escalated it for me to query it with the manager as it has been about 12 working days. Hopefully someone should get in touch very soon InshAllah.

Receiving a positive decision next week would be the dream!!

Keep us posted and all the best :)
Hi Zuly,

Inshallah you will get the positive decision soon!

I got the reply of inquiry email. They asked me to respond with more information such as:
Full Name
Date of Birth
GWF number
Immigration Health Surcharge number
Passport number
Place of submission
Type of Visa applied for
Date of biometrics
Nationality
Applicants e-mail

I had mentioned the GWF number in my first email. They can extract all the information from GWF number but.... Anyhow, I already replied with additional information. Let's see now.

Please keep us posted.

All the best

Faisal

faisal3100
Newly Registered

Post by faisal3100 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:02 pm

Raheela samar wrote:hi zuly,
firstly i came to know about my decision on 19 june by international enqury service but yesterday i check through the link you shered by entring GWF no,there it is written that the decision is made on 6 june.but still waiting for my passport.contact them through mail and they told that they have escalated to relevent department and there is a queue of escalations that why it could take up to 15 working days.
Hi Rahella

My decision was also made on 6th June. I am also waiting. Can you please tell me where did you apply from ?

Best of luck!

-Faisal

faisal3100
Newly Registered

Post by faisal3100 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:04 pm

Jgadeep wrote:Hey everyone,

I got an email on thursday stating that the documents have reached the UK Visa office and by evening my hubby received a call...

On Friday, 8:00 am (India time) he got his passport and he got the EEA Family permit :D

Love Heena
Congratulations!

Raheela samar
Newly Registered

Post by Raheela samar » Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:41 pm

HI Faisal
i applied from madrid SPAIN.on 27 feb and still waiting for passport

Ajmal1990
Newly Registered

Post by Ajmal1990 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:26 am

Hello every and congrats to the applicants who got positive decisions

My wife have applied for the Permit on 19/04/2017 at VFS New Delhi got the confirmation that the application has reached Sheffield on 20/04/2017 and another email stating that the application is not straight forward on 05/05/2017. We haven't heard from the UKVI since the last email, we did escalate our case 5 weeks ago still no respond, I was wondering if there is anyone else who have applied from Delhi and is in the same situation?
Advices would be appreciated.

ammara_talhi
Newly Registered

Post by ammara_talhi » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:31 am

Love Heena
Congratulations!!! really pleased for you :)

Zuly1820

Post by Zuly1820 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:50 am

Love Heena
This is great news !! Congratulations :) All the best !

Zuly1820

Post by Zuly1820 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:54 am

Ajmal1990 wrote:Hello every and congrats to the applicants who got positive decisions

My wife have applied for the Permit on 19/04/2017 at VFS New Delhi got the confirmation that the application has reached Sheffield on 20/04/2017 and another email stating that the application is not straight forward on 05/05/2017. We haven't heard from the UKVI since the last email, we did escalate our case 5 weeks ago still no respond, I was wondering if there is anyone else who have applied from Delhi and is in the same situation?
Hi Ajmal,

The processing times for Delhi are up to 120 days - https://visa-processingtimes.homeoffice ... ly-permits - so it's likely to take some time unfortunately.

But keep contacting the enquiry services for updates.

All the best!

Zuly1820

Post by Zuly1820 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:00 am

Raheela samar wrote:hi zuly,
Hi Raheela - yea I was told the same. Nothing we can do other than wait! All the best and keep us posted!

faisal3100
Newly Registered

Post by faisal3100 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:23 am

Hello everyone,

I got the reply today that my case is escalated to the relevant department and we will update you as soon as any response comes.

Decision was made on June 6, It is going to be almost one month. I think I do not have any option except wait.

-Faisal

Ajmal1990
Newly Registered

Post by Ajmal1990 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:36 am

faisal3100 wrote:Hello everyone,

I got the reply today that my case is escalated to the relevant department and we will update you as soon as any response comes.

Decision was made on June 6, It is going to be almost one month. I think I do not have any option except wait.

-Faisal
Where did you apply from Faisal?

Ajmal1990
Newly Registered

Post by Ajmal1990 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:38 am

Zuly1820 wrote:
Ajmal1990 wrote:Hello every and congrats to the applicants who got positive decisions

Hi Ajmal,

The processing times for Delhi are up to 120 days - https://visa-processingtimes.homeoffice ... ly-permits - so it's likely to take some time unfortunately.

But keep contacting the enquiry services for updates.

All the best!
Thanks

What was your timeline Zuly and where did you apply from?

Zuly1820

Post by Zuly1820 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:43 am

Ajmal1990 wrote:
Thanks

Hi

I applied from the Mumbai North VFS in India.

Here's my timeline:
Application submitted online: 6 March 2017
Biometrics submitted at Visa Centre: 21 March 2017
Sheffield received process email: 22 March 2017
"Not straightforward" email: 04 April 2017
Application decided: 13th June 2017

Awaiting to receive passport.

All the best!

Zuly1820

Post by Zuly1820 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:45 am

faisal3100 wrote:Hello everyone,

-Faisal
I don't understand why it takes so long after applications are decided - it's just ridiculous!

Ajmal1990
Newly Registered

Post by Ajmal1990 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:03 pm

Zuly1820 wrote:
Ajmal1990 wrote:
Thanks

Hi

I applied from the Mumbai North VFS in India.

Here's my timeline:
Application submitted online: 6 March 2017
Biometrics submitted at Visa Centre: 21 March 2017
Sheffield received process email: 22 March 2017
"Not straightforward" email: 04 April 2017
Application decided: 13th June 2017

Awaiting to receive passport.

All the best!

Hi

Ok, I hope and pray that you will get the permit.

moolefty
Newly Registered

Post by moolefty » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:09 pm

My wife is in the same boat. Applied for EEA FP in Dublin 17/5, decision made 6/6, no passport returned, no communication, phone support useless, email replies are vague unhelpful copy and paste jobs. Apparently my case is being escalated.

I'm starting to think their printer may be out of order, or they forgot to order stamps, or some other equally ridiculous reason for this delay. Why does it take > 1 month to put a passport in an envelope?

byronwilliams1185
Newly Registered

Post by byronwilliams1185 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:15 am

Hello Everyone,

Congrats to all who got their EEA Family Permit. Prayers and best wishes with those who are awaiting their decision. I am also waiting for the decision on my application. I have applied for EEA family permit from Mumbai VFS (South Mumbai) on 24th March 2017. Got mail about application received at Sheffield on 25th March, thereafter not straightforward application mail on 4th April. As all of you have experienced the 15 days processing period is just for name sake and to keep you excited. i checked the processing time and before May it showed application were processed 100% in 60 days so there i started counting 60 days, but as the 60 days wait came near there UKVI updated the waiting period to 90 days. So all i have to do now is wait for 90 days (i.e 30 days more coz 60 days are over).

I read about the link to check your visa status and tried putting my GWF reference number but it says Reference number not recognized. For those of you who have checked using this tool, please let me know what reference number you have used?

One more thing when i went to submit my application at VFS, they scanned all my papers and biometrics was also done on the same day. Was it the same with others too?

Zuly1820 can you tell me what all documents you submitted? Also what mail did you receive about the decision being made (please paste the exact message sent to you).

Waitng and waiting and there the tickets prices are increasing(Joke)...

Those of you who have got their EEA Permit please send in your timelines.

Thank you.

Bollox

Post by Bollox » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:56 am

byronwilliams1185 wrote:Hello Everyone,

Congrats to all who got their EEA Family Permit. Prayers and best wishes with those who are awaiting their decision. I am also waiting for the decision on my application. I have applied for EEA family permit from Mumbai VFS (South Mumbai) on 24th March 2017. Got mail about application received at Sheffield on 25th March, thereafter not straightforward application mail on 4th April. As all of you have experienced the 15 days processing period is just for name sake and to keep you excited. i checked the processing time and before May it showed application were processed 100% in 60 days so there i started counting 60 days, but as the 60 days wait came near there UKVI updated the waiting period to 90 days. So all i have to do now is wait for 90 days (i.e 30 days more coz 60 days are over).

I read about the link to check your visa status and tried putting my GWF reference number but it says Reference number not recognized. For those of you who have checked using this tool, please let me know what reference number you have used?

One more thing when i went to submit my application at VFS, they scanned all my papers and biometrics was also done on the same day. Was it the same with others too?

Zuly1820 can you tell me what all documents you submitted? Also what mail did you receive about the decision being made (please paste the exact message sent to you).

Waitng and waiting and there the tickets prices are increasing(Joke)...

Those of you who have got their EEA Permit please send in your timelines.

Thank you.
Heya.
I have applied from the same vfs centre. I applied on 03/04/2017. Sheffield received on 04/04/17 and on 20/04/17 received "not straight forward Message".

Let's hope we get the response soon.