ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA spouse visa

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

confusedandsad
inactive

EEA spouse visa

Post by confusedandsad » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:58 pm

Hi all,

Is this still the most up-to-date form to fill for an EEA spouse visa?

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... -03-17.pdf

I am a new Zealand citizen on a tier 2 visa currently and will be marrying my spanish wife soon. She also has british residency but is not a citizen yet.

I want to get EEA spouse visa so I can resign from my job and freely look for work

Casa

Re: EEA spouse visa

Post by Casa » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:33 pm

confusedandsad wrote:Hi all,

Is this still the most up-to-date form to fill for an EEA spouse visa?

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... -03-17.pdf

I am a new Zealand citizen on a tier 2 visa currently and will be marrying my spanish wife soon. She also has british residency but is not a citizen yet.

I want to get EEA spouse visa so I can resign from my job and freely look for work
Yes, (although you'll be applying for an EEA Permit, not a visa)

Note: This form is to be used for applications made on or after 22 March 2017 :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

confusedandsad
inactive

Post by confusedandsad » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:18 pm

Thanks!

Is there a guide on processing timelines?

What is the longest time I will be without my passport from the moment I send my application off?

Is there any way I can keep my passport and send a certified version so I can still travel while waiting for the decision?

confusedandsad
inactive

Post by confusedandsad » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:48 pm

Is there anywhere I can get further information on guide timelines?

Zuly1820

Post by Zuly1820 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:21 pm

Hi processing times can be checked on this link - they vary from country to country

https://www.gov.uk/visa-processing-times

All the best!

confusedandsad
inactive

Post by confusedandsad » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:54 pm

I will be applying from within the UK

confusedandsad
inactive

Post by confusedandsad » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:43 pm

Every time I try to find the policy it directs me to the process for those applying for a EEA permit outside of the UK.

I am currently on a tier 2 visa and will be marrying my fiance next month. I want to apply for an EEA permit inside of the UK.

I cant find any guidance on this on the home office page..... frustrating

confusedandsad
inactive

Post by confusedandsad » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:49 pm

Can someone please direct me to the page providing information to those applying for an EEA permit when they are already in the uk. That is, those already in the UK on a different visa (tier 2) and applying for the permit in the uk.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:51 pm

https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-a-uk-resid ... d/overview

You apply for a Residence Card if applying within the UK.

EEA Family Permit is if you are applying outside the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

confusedandsad
inactive

Post by confusedandsad » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:18 pm

Many thanks, you sir are a legend.

I kept searching EEA permit inside uk and it would only give me the option from outside the uk

just for good order can I check. The above link is ok to use if I am currently in the uk on a tier 2 visa and will be marrying my spanish wife and plan to get a residence permit (including work) for 5 years?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:42 pm

confusedandsad wrote:Many thanks, you sir are a legend. I am a 'Miss' :wink:

I kept searching EEA permit inside uk and it would only give me the option from outside the uk

just for good order can I check. The above link is ok to use if I am currently in the uk on a tier 2 visa and will be marrying my spanish wife and plan to get a residence permit (including work) for 5 years? Yes, it is fine.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

confusedandsad
inactive

Post by confusedandsad » Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:01 am

Apologies, for that, madame.

Can I ask you another question.

I just realised the processing times may take up to six months applying in the UK.

As my fiance (wife to be) is also a british permanent resident, if I find a new job that needs me to start on short notice, could I just apply under the british route in the uk. I note thvieis costs more but this way I could use the premium service which means I get the permit on the spot.

Also, is it quicker if I go home and apply? I looked at the processing time and it says 100% of application from New Zealand got a response in 90 days. But then you only get a 6 month visa and have to reapply for the 5 year? Is this correct?