ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

faisal3100
Newly Registered

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by faisal3100 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:37 am

Ajmal1990 wrote:
faisal3100 wrote:Hello everyone,

I got the reply today that my case is escalated to the relevant department and we will update you as soon as any response comes.

Decision was made on June 6, It is going to be almost one month. I think I do not have any option except wait.

-Faisal
Where did you apply from Faisal?
Hi Ajmal

I applied from Lahore, Pakistan.

-Faisal

Zuly1820

Post by Zuly1820 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:43 am

Hi Byronwilliams
byronwilliams1185 wrote:I read about the link to check your visa status and tried putting my GWF reference number but it says Reference number not recognized. For those of you who have checked using this tool, please let me know what reference number you have used?
I'm not really sure how effective this tool is because when I tried it before nothing came up. When I found out that the decision had been made I checked and it worked. I used the GWF reference number.
byronwilliams1185 wrote:Zuly1820 can you tell me what all documents you submitted? Also what mail did you receive about the decision being made (please paste the exact message sent to you).
We submitted the following documents:

Applicant’s Documents
- Original Passport
- 4 Photos
- Previous passport copy
- Birth certificate
- TB Certificate (not required though)

Sponsor’s Documents:
- Copy of passport (all pages and authenticated)
- Copy of UK Residence Documentation
- Cover Letter
- SU07 Form – Sponsorship Undertaking (not required)
- Wage Slips (May 2016 - Feb 2017)
- Employment Letter
- Employment Contract
- Bank Statements 6 months
- Letter from parents regarding accommodation details
- Visa obtained for recent India trip for the marriage

Relationship Evidence:
- Original Marriage Certificate
- Original Religious Certificate
- Wedding Photos - Full album
- Honeymoon/Holiday e-tickets and booking details
- Honeymoon/Holiday photos
- Other random couple pictures
- Parts of Whatsapp Chat history plus screenshots
- Receipts of purchases and activities on honeymoon

I didn't receive any email. When I called them to check the status of the process I was told that the decision had been made and should be with me within 15 working days. Well its 15 working days and I haven't received anything.

We applied from VFS Mumbai (North).

Hope this helps. Make sure you contact them to chase it up - don't just wait. The response you get and whether it is escalated or not (from what I read on this forum) will depend on who is dealing with your query.

All the best and keep us posted!

faisal3100
Newly Registered

Post by faisal3100 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:03 pm

hello,

I got the reply today. One surprising thing is: previous correspondence was sent from Sheffield UK but this time after escalation, I got reply from AbuDhabi uk office. Here is the response:

"I acknowledge receipt of your escalation. Please be advised that your UK visa application has been conclude and has been dispatched to the Visa Application Centre today and will reach the Visa Application Centre by tomorrow.

PLEASE DO NOT GO TO THE VISA APPLICATION CENTRE BEFORE THEY CONTACT YOU.

You will be contacted by the Visa Application Centre when your documents are ready for collection, or have been dispatched via courier where this is relevant.

You are reminded that you should avoid making travel plans until you have collected your passport.

If you need to contact us you can do so via our International Enquiry Service at www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk

Kind regards,

UK Visas and Immigration
www.gov.uk/ukvi"

-Faisal

Zuly1820

Post by Zuly1820 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:15 pm

faisal3100 wrote:hello,

I got the reply today. One surprising thing is: previous correspondence was sent from Sheffield UK but this time after escalation, I got reply from AbuDhabi uk office. Here is the response:

"I acknowledge receipt of your escalation. Please be advised that your UK visa application has been conclude and has been dispatched to the Visa Application Centre today and will reach the Visa Application Centre by tomorrow.

You will be contacted by the Visa Application Centre when your documents are ready for collection, or have been dispatched via courier where this is relevant.

You are reminded that you should avoid making travel plans until you have collected your passport.

If you need to contact us you can do so via our International Enquiry Service at www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk

Kind regards,

UK Visas and Immigration
www.gov.uk/ukvi"
That's great news Faisal! Although Abu Dhabi sounds really weird :shock:

All the best :D InshAllah you'll get the permit soon :)

Raheela samar
Newly Registered

Post by Raheela samar » Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:43 pm

hi faisal,
best wishes for you.and a lot of prayers that you got permit.can you tell me your date of escalation please?because my case was escalated on 20 june but still waiting....

byronwilliams1185
Newly Registered

Post by byronwilliams1185 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:17 pm

Zuly1820 wrote:Hi Byronwilliams
byronwilliams1185 wrote:I read about the link to check your visa status and tried putting my GWF reference number but it says Reference number not recognized. For those of you who have checked using this tool, please let me know what reference number you have used?
I'm not really sure how effective this tool is because when I tried it before nothing came up. When I found out that the decision had been made I checked and it worked. I used the GWF reference number.
byronwilliams1185 wrote:Zuly1820 can you tell me what all documents you submitted? Also what mail did you receive about the decision being made (please paste the exact message sent to you).
We submitted the following documents:

Applicant’s Documents
- Original Passport
- 4 Photos
- Previous passport copy
- Birth certificate
- TB Certificate (not required though)

Sponsor’s Documents:
- Copy of passport (all pages and authenticated)
- Copy of UK Residence Documentation
- Cover Letter
- SU07 Form – Sponsorship Undertaking (not required)
- Wage Slips (May 2016 - Feb 2017)
- Employment Letter
- Employment Contract
- Bank Statements 6 months
- Letter from parents regarding accommodation details
- Visa obtained for recent India trip for the marriage

Relationship Evidence:
- Original Marriage Certificate
- Original Religious Certificate
- Wedding Photos - Full album
- Honeymoon/Holiday e-tickets and booking details
- Honeymoon/Holiday photos
- Other random couple pictures
- Parts of Whatsapp Chat history plus screenshots
- Receipts of purchases and activities on honeymoon

I didn't receive any email. When I called them to check the status of the process I was told that the decision had been made and should be with me within 15 working days. Well its 15 working days and I haven't received anything.

We applied from VFS Mumbai (North).

Hope this helps. Make sure you contact them to chase it up - don't just wait. The response you get and whether it is escalated or not (from what I read on this forum) will depend on who is dealing with your query.

All the best and keep us posted!

Thank you Zulu for the info.

Did you use the complete GWF reference number I.e including the GWF alphabet ? I tried but it is not showing.

Tell me about your biometrics. Why was it not on the same day. Mine was on the same day. I never gave my passport size photo along with application.

Have you opted for courier service or pick up from centre? If courier service then you can check on the blue dart website by putting ur GWF number in the reference no. Section.

I pray that you will get the permit and be with your partner soon.

Tell me how much were you charged to make a phone call and how many minutes the call lasted?

Regards,
Byron

Zuly1820

Post by Zuly1820 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:58 pm

Hi Byron,

Just for clarification, my husband is the applicant and I am the EU national.
byronwilliams1185 wrote:Did you use the complete GWF reference number I.e including the GWF alphabet ? I tried but it is not showing.
Yes I typed GWF123456789 - it doesn't always work - I would assume your application is still being processed.
byronwilliams1185 wrote:Tell me about your biometrics. Why was it not on the same day. Mine was on the same day. I never gave my passport size photo along with application.
Yes my husband did the biometrics on the same day. We booked an appointment online, they scanned all the documents, asked my husband general questions like name, date of birth and did the biometrics. I think that's how the process works anyway. They need the biometrics to issue the permit so it saves time to do it on the same day.
Photos are a requirement.
byronwilliams1185 wrote:Have you opted for courier service or pick up from centre? If courier service then you can check on the blue dart website by putting ur GWF number in the reference no. Section.
I opted for the courier service. Yes I have been checking that everyday. You can only track it once the the visa application dispatches the passport. SInce nothing comes up I am assuming they haven't sent the passport yet. I contacted BlueDart, useless as they are never picked up the phone so my husband went to the branch where we have to collect it from and they said they don't know anything.
byronwilliams1185 wrote:Tell me how much were you charged to make a phone call and how many minutes the call lasted?
Calls cost 1.37p/minute (UK Sterling) and you only start getting charged when an advisor picks up your call. But they will debit £20 initially then refund you depending on how many minutes it lasted.
First call lasted about 15 minutes and I was charged £20. Second call lasted about 6 minutes and the charge was £8.22 and the third call lasted 8 minutes and the charge was about £11.

Thanks and good wishes to you too - keep us posted!

degtom
Newly Registered

Post by degtom » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:45 am

Dear All,

I am in this thread because the headline says the EEA Family Permit is processed in Sheffield.

I am in the midst of applying for an EEA Family Permit from Singapore to join my EEA husband (also a UK PR with the PR card, been there >10yrs) in the UK.

I'd like to ask if EEA Family Permit is considered a Settlement or Non-Settlement Visa?
I am not sure about this. If it is the former, I understand I have to mail my documents to Sheffield as well, aside from submitting/scanning them at the UKVI office they have locally and giving my biometric info at the UKVI office they have locally here.

Appreciate if anyone can clarify!

Tufail101
Pakistan

Post by Tufail101 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:48 am

Hi Fiasal,
where did u apply from and how long did take ?

Regards
Tufail

If you need to contact us you can do so via our International Enquiry Service at http://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk

Kind regards,

UK Visas and Immigration
http://www.gov.uk/ukvi"

-Faisal[/quote]

venere80
Newly Registered

Post by venere80 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:49 am

Hi guys,

Read almost the whole thread... It's really annoying that their handling time is so long!
I have applied for the EEA family visa on June 6, received on June 26 an email from Sheffield that "Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible." and still waiting.

I'm aware that my waiting time is nothing compared to most of you, but I'm so angry!
They have our passports!!! In case it was only an application, I wouldn't mind waiting (although it's stressing and annoying).
But it's really really outrageous that I cannot leave my country (Israel) in case I need to travel! And they do not inform when they'll be done, so I can't make any plans!
I may need to travel soon on behalf of my work and I can't!!!

I sent them an email earlier today, stating my problem, but I do not build high hopes after reading this threat.
I guess I'm just steaming off.

Wish quick and positive responses to all of us :)

Zuly1820

Post by Zuly1820 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:09 am

degtom wrote:Dear All,

I am in this thread because the headline says the EEA Family Permit is processed in Sheffield.

I am in the midst of applying for an EEA Family Permit from Singapore to join my EEA husband (also a UK PR with the PR card, been there >10yrs) in the UK.

I'd like to ask if EEA Family Permit is considered a Settlement or Non-Settlement Visa?
I am not sure about this. If it is the former, I understand I have to mail my documents to Sheffield as well, aside from submitting/scanning them at the UKVI office they have locally and giving my biometric info at the UKVI office they have locally here.

Appreciate if anyone can clarify!
Hi degtom,

EEA Family permit comes under the non-settlement category. All the documents are scanned in Visa Application Centre in the country of origin and then everything is processed in the Sheffield Visa Office in the UK. You don't have to send anything through.

Hope this helps!

All the best!

degtom
Newly Registered

Post by degtom » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:43 am

Zuly1820 wrote:
Hi degtom,

EEA Family permit comes under the non-settlement category. All the documents are scanned in Visa Application Centre in the country of origin and then everything is processed in the Sheffield Visa Office in the UK. You don't have to send anything through.

Hope this helps!

All the best!
Thank you so much Zuly1820 for this clarification.

Just to share also this link: https://visa-processingtimes.homeoffice ... ly-permits
Where it states EEA Family Permits fall under Non Settlement Visa.
You can go "Start Again" at top right of the page to try input your own country of origin from where you are applying.

venere80
Newly Registered

Post by venere80 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:59 am

degtom wrote:
Zuly1820 wrote:
Just to share also this link: https://visa-processingtimes.homeoffice ... ly-permits
Where it states EEA Family Permits fall under Non Settlement Visa.
You can go "Start Again" at top right of the page to try input your own country of origin from where you are applying.
Think the time estimations there are fictional. They handle it much longer...

Raheela samar
Newly Registered

Post by Raheela samar » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:15 pm

hi every one,
Anybody recive passport?whom cases were escalated.Did any one of you contact them again if yes then what is their responce.today 15 days of my escalation are completed.but they do not send my passport.And faisal whats about you passport?do you recieve?please let us know if any one knows any thing,or get any responce.
raheela

elemak
Newly Registered

Post by elemak » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:39 pm

Kaoumani wrote:
Hi Kaoumani, I have same situation like you. I applied twice they refused. I appeal the decision and now they over turned the decision. I have to wait till the call letter from visa office. It is all about Brexit, Home office deliberately delay, harass EEA family permit. If you submit all the papers no matter how many time you apply for new visa they keep refusing you. Cheers mate!! this is not the end of the Road dont be frustrated. I have also have family I live in UK but cant bring my kids and wife. Coz my wife is NON.EEA passport holder but kids are Spanish. So Home office denied my wife visa so My family no longer can come to UK , I have to go back to spain if they dont issue the Visa. This is reality. No matter how much you Earned, no matter your marriage is legal, it is just deliberate and Instructed to harassment of EEA citizen. Sorry!
Hello, I haven't received any reply yet. I have just to be patient, if they refuse I will appeal. Nobody can bring out your rigths to be where you wanna belong. Just don't stop fighthing for what you want. Everything will be okay at the end. They can't take decision about Brexit, the rules are the rules until 2 years...
Hello,
Can you tell if there were any progress for your case?

byronwilliams1185
Newly Registered

Post by byronwilliams1185 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:57 pm

elemak wrote:
Kaoumani wrote:
Hi Kaoumani, I have same situation like you. I applied twice they refused. I appeal the decision and now they over turned the decision. I have to wait till the call letter from visa office. It is all about Brexit, Home office deliberately delay, harass EEA family permit. If you submit all the papers no matter how many time you apply for new visa they keep refusing you. Cheers mate!! this is not the end of the Road dont be frustrated. I have also have family I live in UK but cant bring my kids and wife. Coz my wife is NON.EEA passport holder but kids are Spanish. So Home office denied my wife visa so My family no longer can come to UK , I have to go back to spain if they dont issue the Visa. This is reality. No matter how much you Earned, no matter your marriage is legal, it is just deliberate and Instructed to harassment of EEA citizen. Sorry!
Hello, I haven't received any reply yet. I have just to be patient, if they refuse I will appeal. Nobody can bring out your rigths to be where you wanna belong. Just don't stop fighthing for what you want. Everything will be okay at the end. They can't take decision about Brexit, the rules are the rules until 2 years...
Hello,
Can you tell if there were any progress for your case?
Hi Elemak,

Kaoumani has already got the EEA family permit. Read the thread from starting.

faisal3100
Newly Registered

Post by faisal3100 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:47 am

Raheela samar wrote:hi every one,
Anybody recive passport?whom cases were escalated.Did any one of you contact them again if yes then what is their responce.today 15 days of my escalation are completed.but they do not send my passport.And faisal whats about you passport?do you recieve?please let us know if any one knows any thing,or get any responce.
raheela
Hi Raheela,

My wife got her passport back after two days of escalation. Her EEA family permit is rejected.

According to home office she have failed to prove that She is in durable relationship with an EEA national.

-Faisal

Tufail101
Pakistan

Post by Tufail101 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:29 am

faisal3100 wrote:
raheela
Hi Raheela,

My wife got her passport back after two days of escalation. Her EEA family permit is rejected.

According to home office she have failed to prove that She is in durable relationship with an EEA national.

-Faisal
I AM SORRY TO READ THAT FAISAL,WAS THAT YOUR FIRST APPLICATION ?

faisal3100
Newly Registered

Post by faisal3100 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:37 am

Tufail101 wrote:
faisal3100 wrote:
raheela
Hi Raheela,

-Faisal
Yes It was first application. Now I am wondering either to reapply or make an appeal with additional proofs.

byronwilliams1185
Newly Registered

Post by byronwilliams1185 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:48 am

faisal3100 wrote:
Tufail101 wrote:
faisal3100 wrote:
raheela
Hi Raheela,

-Faisal
Yes It was first application. Now I am wondering either to reapply or make an appeal with additional proofs.

Hello Faisal,

Sorry to hear that the Family permit was rejected.

Can you please share the exact words used in the refusal letter. Did you get the refusal letter along with the parcel or by email? and What all documents did you submit?

byronwilliams1185
Newly Registered

Post by byronwilliams1185 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:50 am

Zuly1820 wrote:
faisal3100 wrote:Hello everyone,

I got the reply today that my case is escalated to the relevant department and we will update you as soon as any response comes.

Decision was made on June 6, It is going to be almost one month. I think I do not have any option except wait.

-Faisal
I don't understand why it takes so long after applications are decided - it's just ridiculous!

Hello Zuly,

Has the passport arrive. Does it take 1 month after you get the decision made mail. It means 1 month is over of the 6 months that you get with Family permit. Please let us know when you get your passport back.

Regards,
Byron

Zuly1820

Post by Zuly1820 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:00 pm

Hello everyone,

FIrst of all Faisal - really sorry to hear about the refusal. My husband's application was rejected once as well so this our 2nd application. I reapplied because appeal is a much longer process - and I think you should easily be able to adress the points of rejection and include additional proofs - just send EVERYTHING you have about your relationship!

I still haven't received any news at all after my escalation. I emailed again and they repplied saying that they have sent the matter to the relevant department. No timescale was given regarding when I should hear back. Next month it's going to be a month since a decision has been made - it's really strange and frustating.

All the best everyone!

Tufail101
Pakistan

Post by Tufail101 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:05 am

faisal3100 wrote:
Tufail101 wrote:
faisal3100 wrote:
raheela
Hi Raheela,

-Faisal
Hi Faisal,
i would suggest that if u reapply with more documents as i applied 3rd time now ,i was rejected twice with silly comments .
Regards
Tufail

agnieszka1509
Newly Registered

Post by agnieszka1509 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:40 am

Hi everyone,

I read most of your stories and first of all I would like to say how sorry I am for those who got their applications rejected.

My husband applied from Rabat/Morocco on 05/06/17 and had bio-metrics on 15/06/17. He received "not straightforward" email on 28/06/17. Since then we are just waiting. It's very stressful especially for me as we did not expect this to take so long.

Has anyone applied form Rabat?

lindadarkwa
Newly Registered

Post by lindadarkwa » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:24 am

Hehehaha wrote:Sure!

Here is my timeline:

Date submitted: 20th March
Biometrics taken: 20th March
UK Recieved application: 20th of March at the Visa Application centre in Sheffield.
EEA PR recieved: 5th April
Passport recieved: 10th of April.

For us, it was the first time applying. So all in all, it took 3 weeks!

All hope still remains! Keep contacting them with regards to information.

Hello am in the same situation as yours please which number did u use to contact the shieffield visa sector thanks.