ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Revoking ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ra_hova
Newly Registered

Revoking ILR

Post by ra_hova » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:21 pm

hi guys, I obtained by ILR last year by using the 10 years long residence route. Now I am thinking about applying for British citizenship but I have a small issue. I came to the UK in 2006 on student visa which I applied for in 2005. If the home office finds out that I lied on my student visa application in 2005 is that grounds for them to revoke my ILR? The lie I told in my 2005 visa application is the only time I have ever lied and all my subsequent applications have all be truthful. Since then, I have applied for post study work visa, Tier 2, Tier 2 extension, and ILR and all were truthful. If it is discovered that I lied on the application for a visa to come to the UK in 2005, can this be used to revoke my ILR? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Revoking ILR

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:08 pm

What was the lie??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ra_hova
Newly Registered

Post by ra_hova » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:15 pm

I put on my form that I had never been denied a visa for any other country and also that I had not been deported or asked to leave any other country. Both were not true as I was denied a USA visa and also asked to leave the USA at one time in order to correct my status. Both happened in 2005. Can my ILR be revoked on this basis?

Richard007
Barbados

Post by Richard007 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:52 pm

ra_hova wrote:I put on my form that I had never been denied a visa for any other country and also that I had not been deported or asked to leave any other country. Both were not true as I was denied a USA visa and also asked to leave the USA at one time in order to correct my status. Both happened in 2005. Can my ILR be revoked on this basis?

The simple answer is Yes, but also depends on if they find out and they determine that if you had told the truth back then you would have been refused a student visa then most certainly Yes.... However considering you have gotten away with it for 10yrs and obtained an ILR, I would say it is very unlikely.

ra_hova
Newly Registered

Post by ra_hova » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:39 pm

Thanks for your answer. However, please take a look at this https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... ctober.pdf

If you go to Section 4: Reasons for Not Revoking Indefinite Leave, you will see that it says Indefinite leave should not be revoked if more than 5 years have passed since the deception incident. So based on that, wouldn't that mean my ILR won't be revoked as it's been almost 12 years since the incident?

Thanks in advance.

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:49 pm

ra_hova wrote:Thanks for your answer. However, please take a look at this https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... ctober.pdf

If you go to Section 4: Reasons for Not Revoking Indefinite Leave, you will see that it says Indefinite leave should not be revoked if more than 5 years have passed since the deception incident. So based on that, wouldn't that mean my ILR won't be revoked as it's been almost 12 years since the incident?

Thanks in advance.
So on every subsequent application you mentioned the incident in the USA?

ra_hova
Newly Registered

Post by ra_hova » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:46 pm

No I didn't. Basically on my visa application when I was outside the U.K., there are two questions that ask if you've been denied a visa to any country a d another question that asks if you've been deported or otherwise asked to leave any county. Both questions were only asked on my visa application to come to the U.K.. on all my subsequent applications they never asked either of those questions so I've never had to mention it. Does that make sense ?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:42 pm

I say this is really not a matter for worry. Being refused entry or being asked to leave a country will not generally affect your UK visas, unless it was proven that you've committed a crime and that was the reason for you refusal/removal.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice