ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PR Refused - Please help review

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Obie
Ireland

Re: PR Refused - Please help review

Post by Obie » Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:21 pm

Congratulations. Very pleased for you. There is finally dawn after a long night..
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Wise
BANNED
Germany

Post by Wise » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:37 pm

Congratulation so happy for you and the kids and may be later think of PR for your kids just to have it at home against anyone who cares to see their status in the UK if the Brexit stuff require it in future and also before UK change the application fee £65 to £650.00 as i don't trust them.

Regarding BC, I will add that letter stating when you actually acquired the PR status and highlighted with your application because I have see some in experienced case worker refusing to grant CT saying that one need to count a year from the date of PR issued which is non sense because BC is privileged and not by right, so might just try to shake you up but i pray that will not be the case.

You can relax now though!
It is really good to help and everyone deserve to be respected in life. Good luck.

Richard W
- thin ice -

Post by Richard W » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:04 pm

Wise wrote:Congratulation so happy for you and the kids and may be later think of PR for your kids just to have it at home against anyone who cares to see their status in the UK if the Brexit stuff require it in future and also before UK change the application fee £65 to £650.00 as i don't trust them.
Under the UK's current plans, PR will permanently expire within two years.

The youngest is already eligible for registration as British, as born in the UK to a parent who is now settled. (The elder three need to acquire settled status first.)
You can relax now though!
And start saving for visa or registration fees.

Carling40
Australia

Re: FINALLY!!! PR BRP received

Post by Carling40 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:44 pm

Chelsuz85 wrote:SO FINALLY!!!

Today 06/07/2016

I received my PR BRP. Expiring in 2027 :)

Thankful for the support from here.. Carling40, you have been amazing with your advice. Wise, You were great with your guidance... Obie, amazing as always with your input. And thanks to everyone who contributed to this topic.

So next question is - What do I do about the pending case in the Tribunal? Shall I contact them and let them know that the HO have issued the PR BRP? or do I have to write to withdraw the case?

I am yet o receive my documents and passport back though... I am over the moon, once again thanks everyone

Congratulations Chelsuz85, if i could put the congratulations in capitals i would, but its against the rules of the board, i'm so happy for you fellow mancunian.
As i said there was a chance this scenario could play out and they realise prior to the hearing they had no case as you'd covered all areas and provided the needed information. This same scenario happened with me if you've seen my posts so it was a possibility, and I was confident after we wrote your letter as it was clear you had the right. Congrats again i can relate with your journey and most especially . I hope others in a similar situation can take positives and put their cases forward.

Next steps:
What do I do about the pending case in the Tribunal? Shall I contact them and let them know that the HO have issued the PR BRP? or do I have to write to withdraw the case?
You can send the tribunal a copy of your PR BRP and advise them you'd like to withdraw the appeal. The tribunal will then write back to you to confirm its been withdrawn.(no refund)

I'll need to go over again and read your posts to look at the next steps if citizenship is a possibility and how it plays out with the kids. There are a few things to consider though. It might be better to open a new thread to discuss what implications (if any) citizenship would have on the kids as we'd need to know when they were born, whether they are eu nationals etc that way the Moderators and experts can advise with clarity.

Congrats again i'm so delighted for you.

Chelsuz85
Mood:

Re: FINALLY!!! PR BRP received

Post by Chelsuz85 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:50 pm

Carling40 wrote:
Chelsuz85 wrote:SO FINALLY!!!

Today 06/07/2016

I received my PR BRP. Expiring in 2027 :)

Thankful for the support from here.. Carling40, you have been amazing with your advice. Wise, You were great with your guidance... Obie, amazing as always with your input. And thanks to everyone who contributed to this topic.

So next question is - What do I do about the pending case in the Tribunal? Shall I contact them and let them know that the HO have issued the PR BRP? or do I have to write to withdraw the case?

I am yet o receive my documents and passport back though... I am over the moon, once again thanks everyone

Congratulations Chelsuz85, if i could put the congratulations in capitals i would, but its against the rules of the board, i'm so happy for you fellow mancunian.
As i said there was a chance this scenario could play out and they realise prior to the hearing they had no case as you'd covered all areas and provided the needed information. This same scenario happened with me if you've seen my posts so it was a possibility, and I was confident after we wrote your letter as it was clear you had the right. Congrats again i can relate with your journey and most especially . I hope others in a similar situation can take positives and put their cases forward.

Next steps:
What do I do about the pending case in the Tribunal? Shall I contact them and let them know that the HO have issued the PR BRP? or do I have to write to withdraw the case?
You can send the tribunal a copy of your PR BRP and advise them you'd like to withdraw the appeal. The tribunal will then write back to you to confirm its been withdrawn.(no refund)

I'll need to go over again and read your posts to look at the next steps if citizenship is a possibility and how it plays out with the kids. There are a few things to consider though. It might be better to open a new thread to discuss what implications (if any) citizenship would have on the kids as we'd need to know when they were born, whether they are eu nationals etc that way the Moderators and experts can advise with clarity.

Congrats again i'm so delighted for you.
Thanks again Carling40. Thanks too Wise, richardW and Obie.

Carling40, where do I need to open the thread as I would assume it would be out of the EU route applications or would it still be?

My kids are all German nationals
First A - born in Germany in 2006 and moved to Uk with me in 2010 - German pass + Registration cert
Second B - born in Germany in 2008 and moved to Uk with me in 2010 - German pass + Registration cert
Third C - born in Germany in 2009 and moved to UK with me in 2010 - German pass + Registration cert
Fourth D - born in London in 2011 but hold German passport.

Carling40
Australia

Post by Carling40 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:06 pm

Hi

I think the new thread may be best placed in the British Citizenship section as thats the next phase, and the question is about citizenship.
Do the kids have evidence of PR also? You'd need to put information like that in the question you post as they'd want to know to advise you correctly.
Citizenship laws are different with criteria like good character requirement etc. the fact you acquired PR in March 2016 means you can apply now if you meet all other requirements but most importantly know what implications becoming British has for the kids.

Wise
BANNED
Germany

Post by Wise » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:01 pm

Becoming BC has no implication for the kids as a mother of those kids as your PR wasn't base on that. If you think you have that money to spend for the 4th child that is fine you can go ahead but not cheap instead PR for them is fine.

Personally I do not understand why many EU national keep going for BCship may be am missing something possibly applying for a job that was meant just for the BC e.g M15,M16, MP or even Prime Minister.

However for any EU national holding PR issued by UK meaning you have a settlement status unless you are out of UK for two years at ago then you start again from the scratch.
It is really good to help and everyone deserve to be respected in life. Good luck.

Chelsuz85
Mood:

Post by Chelsuz85 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:10 pm

Wise wrote:Becoming BC has no implication for the kids as a mother of those kids as your PR wasn't base on that. If you think you have that money to spend for the 4th child that is fine you can go ahead but not cheap instead PR for them is fine.

Personally I do not understand why many EU national keep going for BCship may be am missing something possibly applying for a job that was meant just for the BC e.g M15,M16, MP or even Prime Minister.

However for any EU national holding PR issued by UK meaning you have a settlement status unless you are out of UK for two years at ago then you start again from the scratch.
I really do not want to change my kids nationality. I want them to remain Germans, their current German passport offers them much more exposure than British passport I believe.

However, I am referring to myself with regards to going for citizenship, it will help me in terms of traveling to certain countries of interest as I can just go with my kids without having to go for visas.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:11 pm

Wise wrote:Personally I do not understand why many EU national keep going for BCship may be am missing something possibly applying for a job that was meant just for the BC e.g M15,M16, MP or even Prime Minister.
Perhaps due to Brexit and the uncertainty for EU citizens after March 2019 and a possible need for them to apply again for settlement at considerable cost, depending on the deal that is reached :idea:
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:13 pm

Chelsuz85 wrote:I really do not want to change my kids nationality. I want them to remain Germans, their current German passport offers them much more exposure than British passport I believe.

However, I am referring to myself with regards to going for citizenship, it will help me in terms of traveling to certain countries of interest as I can just go with my kids without having to go for visas.
Please continue further citizenship questions in the topic you have started in the British citizenship sub forum. This sub forum is not the correct place for these questions, regardless of the route you took to get PR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Chelsuz85
Mood:

Post by Chelsuz85 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:17 pm

CR001 wrote:
Chelsuz85 wrote:I really do not want to change my kids nationality. I want them to remain Germans, their current German passport offers them much more exposure than British passport I believe.

Please continue further citizenship questions in the topic you have started in the British citizenship sub forum. This sub forum is not the correct place for these questions, regardless of the route you took to get PR.
Sorry about that.. :)

Chelsuz85
Mood:

Post by Chelsuz85 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:19 pm

if I am to apply for DCPR for my children, who would be the main applicant?

Obie ?
Wise ?
Carling40 ?

Carling40
Australia

Post by Carling40 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:32 pm

Chelsuz85 wrote:if I am to apply for DCPR for my children, who would be the main applicant?

Obie ?
Wise ?
Carling40 ?
Hi

That's a good question, it would have been good to have had child A, B and C included in your application for PR as they would also have been issued DCPR as well. Their rights derive from the EEA national exercising treaty rights just as yours did. So you'll have to apply for them but the EEA national remains the main sponsor I think.

Chelsuz85
Mood:

Post by Chelsuz85 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:51 pm

Thanks Carling40.

Would it be one of the kids as the main applicant?

Richard W
- thin ice -

Post by Richard W » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:24 pm

I'm not sure that Child D has permanent residence. It's unclear from what we've been told.

If the father was still working in the UK on D's 5th birthday, then D has acquired PR. Otherwise, the best hope is that:

(1) The father left the UK as soon as he stopped working; and
(2) D started school (and not nursery school) before the father stopped working in the UK.

Chelsuz85
Mood:

Post by Chelsuz85 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:44 pm

Richard W wrote:I'm not sure that Child D has permanent residence. It's unclear from what we've been told.

If the father was still working in the UK on D's 5th birthday, then D has acquired PR. Otherwise, the best hope is that:

(2) D started school (and not nursery school) before the father stopped working in the UK.
Although we are divorced, Father is still resident in UK and exercising treaty rights, never stopped working.

Richard W
- thin ice -

Post by Richard W » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:27 am

Chelsuz85 wrote:Although we are divorced, Father is still resident in UK and exercising treaty rights, never stopped working.
Sorry. I misread "I reside with my children in a different county from my ex-husband" in the opening post as saying "different country".

Chelsuz85
Mood:

Post by Chelsuz85 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:08 am

Richard W wrote:
Chelsuz85 wrote:Although we are divorced, Father is still resident in UK and exercising treaty rights, never stopped working.
Sorry. I misread "I reside with my children in a different county from my ex-husband" in the opening post as saying "different country".

I should have said city, makes it easier. :)

Carling40
Australia

Post by Carling40 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:35 am

Chelsuz85 wrote:
Richard W wrote:I'm not sure that Child D has permanent residence. It's unclear from what we've been told.

Although we are divorced, Father is still resident in UK and exercising treaty rights, never stopped working.
I know ex's can be "slippery" to deal with if i may use that word and you may be lucky to still have a good civil relationship with him... if not, your status is sorted for now at least and "you" dont need any favours and you can look at your next steps for BC... Considering their father is still in the UK and is German, what is his status? would it be possible to ask the father to apply for their DCPR cards as the main applicant and as he's the sponsor exercising treaty rights? on the assumption child A,B,C have the same father..Ultimately i'd imagine he'll want the best outcome for the kids to have a seamless opportunity to remain in the UK and you both should be in control of the kids destiny rather leaving it up to the UK-EU negotiations.