ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

VISA Recommendation for Filipina with Polish Boyfriend

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

dyane
Newly Registered

VISA Recommendation for Filipina with Polish Boyfriend

Post by dyane » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:34 am

Hello,

Good Day,

I am a Filipina living in the Philippines. I have a Polish Boyfriend living and working in Ireland. He is a Polish citizen and not yet a citizen in Ireland. We've been together for almost a year. He already visited Philippines once to meet me, and planning to visit again by next year. We keep in touch through Facebook, Whatsapp and Skype. He wanted to get me and live with him in Ireland. We plan to get a student or a tourist visa for me to visit him but didn't take any move yet. Any recommendation what possible things we should do to make everything happen for us to be together?

Thank You very much.

shpirtshqipe
Member of Standing

Re: VISA Recommendation for Filipina with Polish Boyfriend

Post by shpirtshqipe » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:04 pm

By far the best Option is to get married in the Philippines and since he is a Polish citizen residing in Ireland he will be able exercise the Freedom of Movement Route and apply for the EUFAM 5 year residence permit when you arrive in Ireland.

I'm sure there are other options such as student (expensive to study in Ireland though) fiancé visa or visitor visa but those options can only allow you to stay in Ireland for a limited time period.

Unless you're a qualified professional such as a qualified nurse in which case you can apply for a work permit

All the best

Solid23
Newly Registered

Re: VISA Recommendation for Filipina with Polish Boyfriend

Post by Solid23 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:22 pm

From what I know Irish embassy in Manila doesnt proccess visas locally, meaning they will send your application to Dublin HQ and that means months and months of waiting.
Call the Irish embassy in Manila and ask about the waiting time and if they send the applications to Dublin to be sure.
Another option is to apply for temporary residence card in Poland after you get married (it's way easier to get the Polish visa, around 2 weeks waiting time). Waiting time for the RC there is roughly 5 months. With that RC you can apply for the Irish visa in Poland (you should get it in weeks).
Also the Polish visa allows you to enter any Schengen country, so you and your bf should consider living in other than Poland EU country and applying for EU residence card. With that card you don't need visa to enter Ireland. That card should be issued in 6 months.