ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Vesh123
Mood:

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by Vesh123 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:38 am

CR001 wrote:
Vesh123 wrote:Thanks for your reply. My wife's application is also pending as dependent of SET(0) (Tier 1 general route). Should I also vary her application to FLR(M) on the same day or wait until my decision comes of SET(LR).

Thanks
VEsh
She cannot apply for ILR on Set(O) if you vary. She only has the option of FLR(M) which will reset her clock to zero and a new 5 year route to ILR. You will have to vary hers and ask for it to be held till your ILR decision is made.

Why do you want to vary to Set(LR)?
Some Solicitor advised me that you can vary from SET(o) to SET (lR) before 28 days (completion of 10 years) and leave wife's application pending as dependent SET(O). Once I got SET(LR) you can vary her application. Is that true? One more thing if for some reason I get refusal then apply for appeal then what would be my wife's status and what application i can apply for her?

Thanks
Vesh

ThisisA

Post by ThisisA » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:06 pm

Not sure if anyone was following my case but this is my timeline -

Initial SET(LR) application - 17/01/2017
BRP done - 06/02/2017
Received letter from the Home Office re issue with Banker's Draft - 24/02/2017
New Draft posted - 01/03/2017
All documents and Passport, along with confirmation of approval of ILR received - 05/07/2017
BRP card - Still waiting

eoo10

Post by eoo10 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:36 pm

ThisisA wrote:Not sure if anyone was following my case but this is my timeline -

Initial SET(LR) application - 17/01/2017
BRP done - 06/02/2017
Received letter from the Home Office re issue with Banker's Draft - 24/02/2017
New Draft posted - 01/03/2017
All documents and Passport, along with confirmation of approval of ILR received - 05/07/2017
BRP card - Still waiting
Congratulations to you. It's a good thing to see SET (LR) approval within the service standard after a while. Some of us are still waiting, hoping and praying. Do enjoy your freedom

Khalid_Niazi
Newly Registered

Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by Khalid_Niazi » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:52 am

Hi All,
I need some information about Long Residency 10 Years. I came UK in September 2008 on Student Visa after completion my Master's degree I switched on PSW Post Study Work. Thank I moved on FLR (O) others because I found job in a diplomatic mission as a locally engaged staff, after 4 years I switched again my visa from FLR(O) to Tier5 International Agreement due to my family who are notable to come on FLR (O). I am still on Tier5 International Agreement next year my 10 years will be complete and I want to apply for ILR I need to know what documents I need for Long Residency 10 Years Please.

Vesh123
Mood:

Post by Vesh123 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:25 pm

Hi, could someone help me with my confusion. I previously applied SET(O) and my wife's as dependent of Tier1 (general) . I'm varying my app to SET(LR), just to know should I also need to vary my wife's as well or shall I leave her previous app as pending. very confused

Hope to hear from someone soon.

Thanks
Vesh

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:34 pm

Vesh123 wrote:Hi, could someone help me with my confusion. I previously applied SET(O) and my wife's as dependent of Tier1 (general) . I'm varying my app to SET(LR), just to know should I also need to vary my wife's as well or shall I leave her previous app as pending. very confused

Thanks
Vesh
Yes you will because she does not qualify for Tier 1 dependent IF your long residence ILR is successful. She must apply to vary to FLR(M) which will only be granted (if she qualifies) if your ILR is granted. You must ask them to hold her application till your ILR LR is decided.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Vesh123
Mood:

Post by Vesh123 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:46 pm

CR001 wrote:
Vesh123 wrote:Hi, could someone help me with my confusion. I previously applied SET(O) and my wife's as dependent of Tier1 (general) . I'm varying my app to SET(LR), just to know should I also need to vary my wife's as well or shall I leave her previous app as pending. very confused

Thanks
Vesh
Yes you will because she does not qualify for Tier 1 dependent IF your long residence ILR is successful. She must apply to vary to FLR(M) which will only be granted (if she qualifies) if your ILR is granted. You must ask them to hold her application till your ILR LR is decided.
Thanks CR001, so should I vary my application only at this time and ask them to hold the decision on her previous application. Once my long residence ILR is granted then i can ask them to vary her? Am I right ?

Thanks
Vesh

shiponahmmed2017
Newly Registered

Re: Long Residence (10 years) applications 3 months Short

Post by shiponahmmed2017 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:57 pm

Hi, all- My visa expires o 28th August 2017 (studying phd) which will be totalling of 9 years and 8 months. So 4 months short of my 10 years long residency. I had visited a soliciotor today who advised me to apply for ILR straight way rather than applying on any other grounds such as- FLR (FP) or others where i could borrow some time.

Do you think it is the right way to move on? as he is a reputable barrister on immigration. Please put suggestions. Thanks

eoo10

Re: Long Residence (10 years) applications 3 months Short

Post by eoo10 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:18 pm

shiponahmmed2017 wrote:Hi, all- My visa expires o 28th August 2017 (studying phd) which will be totalling of 9 years and 8 months. So 4 months short of my 10 years long residency. I had visited a soliciotor today who advised me to apply for ILR straight way rather than applying on any other grounds such as- FLR (FP) or others where i could borrow some time.

Do you think it is the right way to move on? as he is a reputable barrister on immigration. Please put suggestions. Thanks
Hi
We have heard that the case worker would normally consider the date of decisions rather than the date of application when making decision. You may be lucky for your decision to be more that 3 months. I made my application 3 months earlier in November and um yet to get a decision on my application. I will actually advice you go for an early application rather than FLR route that yyou do not qualify for.
All the best to you and us!

Vesh123
Mood:

Post by Vesh123 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:31 pm

Vesh123 wrote:
CR001 wrote:

Thanks
Vesh
Thanks CR001, so should I vary my application only at this time and ask them to hold the decision on her previous application. Once my long residence ILR is granted then i can ask them to vary her? Am I right ?

Thanks
Vesh
Hi CR001, could you please confirm on my previous comment, Am I right what I assume from your last advised?

Thanks
Vesh

Saisha
Newly Registered

Post by Saisha » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:00 pm

Hi All,

Please help ASAP. I came to UK on Jun 2007 as student then got PSW visa, then HSMV and applied to ILR last Nov. I got refusal on last week saying some documents cannot be verified. No appeal rights given, My 10 year residence completed beginning of June. Can I apply for LR premium service with out my passport? or any other advice please. thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:02 pm

Saisha wrote:Hi All,

Please help ASAP. I came to UK on Jun 2007 as student then got PSW visa, then HSMV and applied to ILR last Nov. I got refusal on last week saying some documents cannot be verified. No appeal rights given, My 10 year residence completed beginning of June. Can I apply for LR premium service with out my passport? or any other advice please. thanks
What did the refusal letter say exactly? What document 'couldn't be verified'? Has your visa already expired, if so when?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Saisha
Newly Registered

Post by Saisha » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:15 pm

CR001 wrote:

What did the refusal letter say exactly? What document 'couldn't be verified'? Has your visa already expired, if so when?

HI Thanks for the reply, it was some accounting documents. my visa expired in Nov 2016.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:38 pm

Saisha wrote:
CR001 wrote:

HI Thanks for the reply, it was some accounting documents. my visa expired in Nov 2016.
The issue you have is that you are now an overstayer. Which impacts your ability to qualify for long residence ILR. Have you been given the option if Administrative Review?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Saisha
Newly Registered

Post by Saisha » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:43 pm

CR001 wrote:
Saisha wrote:
CR001 wrote:

The issue you have is that you are now an overstayer. Which impacts your ability to qualify for long residence ILR. Have you been given the option if Administrative Review?

Hi, I only received the decision last Thursday, How could it be overstayer? Don't I have 28 days ? Yes I have given option to submit further documents.

Aditi12

Post by Aditi12 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:54 pm

Saisha

Sorry to hear that ! Did u attend any interview or sent a questionnaire?

Thanks

Saisha
Newly Registered

Post by Saisha » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:57 pm

Aditi12 wrote:Saisha

Sorry to hear that ! Did u attend any interview or sent a questionnaire?

Thanks

No, nothing.

wahabishtiaq

Post by wahabishtiaq » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:28 pm

Sasha could you please more of your history as it seems confusing that you applied for ILR in nov, i assume you applied on SET O and now you wish to apply fro LR ILR as your 10 yrs completed in June 17.

aziz10good
Newly Registered

Post by aziz10good » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:48 am

I been in UK for 10 years and 2 months and i would like to apply for indefinite leave as long residence but i am not working as I am caring for my severely disable daughter and regarding the fees can i get fees exemption because of that?
Any body has any idea about this
Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:37 am

aziz10good wrote:I been in UK for 10 years and 2 months and i would like to apply for indefinite leave as long residence but i am not working as I am caring for my severely disable daughter and regarding the fees can i get fees exemption because of that?
Any body has any idea about this
Thank you
1. Yes, provided you meet ALL the requirements, ie 10 years of valid visa status's, within the absence limit including no single absence of more than 180 days, have LIUK and meet the English requirement.

2. No, there is no fee exemption for ILR unless you are a refugee applying on form Set(P). You will have to pay the full fee.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Vesh123
Mood:

Post by Vesh123 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:26 pm

Hi, I've a question. Shall I go to premium service to Switch my Set(O) to SET (LR)? AS I had interview with them regarding earnings. Does it leave negative impression to switch to LR after had interview and they can ask that your other pending application is also ILR so why you are switching to another ILR app. Or I can just can switch without explaining reason?

Also postal is better or Premium service. too confused what to dooo ?

anyone help much be appreciated .

Thanks
Vesh

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:34 pm

Saisha wrote:
CR001 wrote:The issue you have is that you are now an overstayer. Which impacts your ability to qualify for long residence ILR. Have you been given the option if Administrative Review?

Hi, I only received the decision last Thursday, How could it be overstayer? Don't I have 28 days ? Yes I have given option to submit further documents.
No, you do not have 28 days. You now only have 14 days and that is to either make a new application or apply for Administrative Review, which is only applicable if you believe HO have made an error. You cannot submit new evidence for Administrative Review. If AR fails, you are still an overstayer from the date your visa expired and therefore a break in your long residence. The period of overstay will only be ignored IF your AR is successful.

What do you mean 'submit further documents'? What exactly does the letter say?

Unless you provide more info, it is impossible for anyone to over advice.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:36 pm

Vesh123 wrote:Hi, I've a question. Shall I go to premium service to Switch my Set(O) to SET (LR)? AS I had interview with them regarding earnings. Does it leave negative impression to switch to LR after had interview and they can ask that your other pending application is also ILR so why you are switching to another ILR app. Or I can just can switch without explaining reason?

Thanks
Vesh
You won't get a decision on the day if you vary to Set(LR) as the premium centre won't have your documents. You need to vary your dependent to FLR(M) as she won't qualify for the Set(O) currently pending if you vary to SET(LR). The same checks will be done for Set(LR), so if you have income and tax discrepancies, they will be checked and raised again.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Vesh123
Mood:

Post by Vesh123 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:52 pm

CR001 wrote:
Vesh123 wrote:Hi, I've a question. Shall I go to premium service to Switch my Set(O) to SET (LR)? AS I had interview with them regarding earnings. Does it leave negative impression to switch to LR after had interview and they can ask that your other pending application is also ILR so why you are switching to another ILR app. Or I can just can switch without explaining reason?

Thanks
Vesh
You won't get a decision on the day if you vary to Set(LR) as the premium centre won't have your documents. You need to vary your dependent to FLR(M) as she won't qualify for the Set(O) currently pending if you vary to SET(LR). The same checks will be done for Set(LR), so if you have income and tax discrepancies, they will be checked and raised again.
Thanks CR001. So should i need to give them the reason for switching or not? and I sent her's application as Teir 1 (dependent extension) not dependent of as Set (o). So still need to vary to FLR(M)?

Thanks
Vesh

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:02 pm

Vesh123 wrote:
CR001 wrote:

Thanks
Vesh
Thanks CR001. So should i need to give them the reason for switching or not? and I sent her's application as Teir 1 (dependent extension) not dependent of as Set (o). So still need to vary to FLR(M)?

Thanks
Vesh
Don't think you need a reason but ILR to ILR variation is not very common. She will NOT qualify for a Tier 1 dependent extension if you apply for ILR LR. She must switch/vary to FLR(M), asking HO to hold her FLR(M) application decision till your LR ILR is decided.
Char (CR001 not Casa)