ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indefinite leave to remain holder dependent

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

stanmore06
Newly Registered

Indefinite leave to remain holder dependent

Post by stanmore06 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:54 pm

Hi I would kindly appreciate your help with the following:
I have recently been granted ILR based on 10 yr long residency and now I'm looking to apply for my wife as well but not about which form to use and also what are the requirements i.e does she have to take the Life in the UK test and B1 English test? do I or my spouse have to meet the income threshold and how is this calculated and what kind of evidence is required because I am a private hire driver working with Uber as self-employed having started less than a month ago while my spouse is a care assistant in a care home. Would appreciate your answer. Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Indefinite leave to remain holder dependent

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:28 pm

Where is your spouse, which country?

What is her current immigration status if she is in the UK?

LIUK is NOT required for a spouse visa?

English A1 test is required?

Yes you must meet the financial requirement of £18,600pa (assuming no children, more if you have non British children). Presumably you are registered with HMRC as self employed. You will need a minimum of 6 months payslips and 6 months bank statements.

If your spouse works, she can use her income to meet the financial requirement but it must also be £18,600pa and she must submit 6 months payslips and 6 months bank statements.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Casa

Re: Indefinite leave to remain holder dependent

Post by Casa » Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:49 pm

What employment did you have prior to your self-employed work with Uber? Be aware that for self-employment it is the nett amount after all business expenses have been deducted. ie. the amount on which HMRC will calculate for tax due.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.