ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Not enough prove of ILR

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Dakolina80
Newly Registered

Not enough prove of ILR

Post by Dakolina80 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:21 pm

So my situation is as follows and it will be greatly appreciated if someone could point me in the right direction on the steps i should be taking to resolve it..

I started a new job a month ago after being on maternity.

2 days ago i recieved a call for HR to tell me that after looking at the documents submitted to them upon the start of my employment I don't have enough evidance to prove that i am eligible to work in the uk.

They have given me two weeks to clear the issue otherwise my employment would have to be terminated.

This is what i have: i have a passport that expired in 2015 and not been renewed.  This passport DOES NOT have my ILR stamp on it. I have a photo copy only of my old passport which expired in 2005 and a photocopy of the ILR stamp on it. I don't have the passport that has the stamp. Just the photocopy.

I have a letter from solicitors addressed to mr father to say that my mum along with children have now been granted ILR in the uk. Letter dating to 1995.

I also have a photocopy of a letter from the home office immigration and nationally department addressed to my mother and kids to say she now have an ILR. And her passport is now endorsed with a vignette number..

My question is.. i have two weeks to provide work with sufficient evidence of my right to work in the uk.. how do i go about it please. I need pointing in the right direction. Is it just a matter or calling or writing to the home office and asking if they could provide me with a letter? I know that i need to renew passport then get it stamped and i shall do that will take time. . And to speed it up it will involve costs i can not afford at all at the moment. I suppose the ideal situation would be to apply for British citizenship. . But again this involves time. And two weeks just isn't enough

I am desperate to keep this job any advice will be appreciated

Many thanks

Casa

Re: Not enough prove of ILR

Post by Casa » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:30 pm

Initially you should ask your HR department to use the Employer Checking Service to confirm your legal status and right to work.
https://www.gov.uk/employee-immigration ... ent-status
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:38 pm

For new employment/jobs, you are now required to hold a Biometric Residence Permit stating your ILR status. ILR in previous passport is no longer accepted and even less so if you only have a photocopy of it.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Dakolina80
Newly Registered

Post by Dakolina80 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:52 pm

I read up on the biometric residence permit.. so to clarify is tgat a form i can pick up from the post office? And then once my application has been reviewed and i get send a bar code i can then get my photo and finger print taken? Any idea how long that takes on average?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:58 am

No it is not one from the post office. Google biometric residence permit, it is a Home Office form. You can post it but it could take a few months and I think you can apply in person by making an appointment at one of the HO centres but costs a lot more.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Dakolina80
Newly Registered

Post by Dakolina80 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:09 pm

Finding the correct form is proofing complicated. . The trouble is at this moment in time the fee you pay along with thr form is going to be rather challenging. I went to my local citizens advice bureau here in Cornwall but they said they can't help much with immigration issues.. she emplied that they tend not tdont usually get such inquires. .

Is this the correct form?
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... t-form-toc

I am running out of time.. would writing to some department within the home office be of no use?

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:13 pm

Dakolina80 wrote:Finding the correct form is proofing complicated. . The trouble is at this moment in time the fee you pay along with thr form is going to be rather challenging. I went to my local citizens advice bureau here in Cornwall but they said they can't help much with immigration issues.. she emplied that they tend not tdont usually get such inquires. .

Is this the correct form?
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... t-form-toc

I am running out of time.. would writing to some department within the home office be of no use?

Thank you
That is the correct link for the form. You can also google 'NTL' = No Time Limit.

You cannot escape the fee unfortunately and writing to the Home Office won't achieve anything. They will simply tell you to apply and pay the fee for a biometric residence permit.
Char (CR001 not Casa)